MO MO - Amanda Jones, 26, pregnant, Hillsboro, 14 Aug 2005

I heard last night on another news channel that her cell phone was not found in the car. So I would assume that LE thinks that since the cell phone was not in the car that she just decided to walk off (not drive) and take her cell phone with her.

I am starting to think that maybe LE is saying the boyfriend is not a suspect in hopes that he slips up, however, I grew up in Jefferson County and I've known several LE officers (not sure if they are still in Jefferson County or not) and lets just say with out going into too much detail.........these guys are not the brightest bulbs in the box. I don't think they are equipped to handle cases like this. Maybe things have changed but they are basically only capable of pulling speeders over, and anything above and beyond that is IMO out of their league.

I hope Amanda is found safe.

http://www.fox2ktvi.com/

FBI NOW HELPING IN SEARCH FOR MISSING PREGNANT WOMAN

[font=Arial,Verdana,Helvetica,sans-serif]There are more than a dozen investigators, including agents from the FBI are now in on the manhunt for a missing woman. 27-year-old Amanda Jones is nine months pregnant. She's been missing since Sunday. Sheriff's deputies found her blue Pontiac Sunfire unlocked in the parking lot of the Hillsboro Civic Center. Jones' purse, her keys and her cell phone are all missing. On Sunday, she told her parents she was on her way to meet the man she claims to be the baby's father. That meeting was set to begin at the Civic Center in Hillsboro at 1:00pm Sunday afternoon. A half-hour before the meeting, Jones stopped off a Walgreens store in Festus. The video was taken by store surveillance cameras. They record she entered the store at 12:27pm shortly after she left the Calvary Assembly of God church where she attended with her parents.After shopping for a few minutes, she left the store at 12:35pm. She spent $10.89 on a her Eagle Bank debit card, where she works as a loan processor. She purchased a Dr. Pepper soft drink a can of V05 hair spray and a clip used a key ring. Then she apparently was on her way to Hillsboro to meet a man identified as 38-year-old Brian Westfall. She told her parents she met Westfall at the Civic Center in December during an Eagle Bank Christmas party. Jones obviously made it to the Civic Center. Her abandoned car was there unlocked. There was no purse, keys or cell phone inside. Jones lives in Pevely with a four-year-old daughter by a former marriage. Westfall volunteered at the Civic Center for about four years. He was employed as a computer instructor at Jefferson College. His contract was not renewed last May. Jones told her parents he had set up Sunday's meeting after having no contact with Westfall during her pregnancy. Deputies emphasize that Westfall is not a suspect in the case and at this point they do not suspect foul play. Westfall was re-interviewed by deputies with his lawyer present. There are almost 20 investigators now on the case. They say so far there is no evidence of a crime, but they are worried about the safety of this mother and her unborn baby. Amanda Jones is 5 feet 8 inches tall weighing about 225 pounds with blue eyes and blonde hair. She has a dolphin tattoo on her upper left torso. If you have any information on her whereabouts, call the Jefferson County sheriff's department at 636-797-5515. [/font]

turbo

is this an area where she could actually get lost, like in the woods, or riding in someones car who went off the road into a canal or river?

did the boyfriend really go to the center?

I don't know the Hillsboro area all that well. Jefferson County is a pretty big county and I grew up closer to St. Louis County. Hillsboro is further out, but yes there are lots of wooded areas and rivers, creeks throughout Jefferson County. I have never been to or seen the Hillsboro Civic Center.

I did hear on the newscast that the boyfriend said he met her there and they talked for about an hour.

I'm very glad to know the FBI is now involved.

Hoping the best.

Here is a link to the Civic Center with a picture. The entire county, like Turbo stated, is very rural....there are many farms, as well as wooded areas that would be difficult to actually search. Hillsboro is also probably 45 minutes away from Pevely where Amanda lives. She would not leave her vehicle at the Civic Center and walk home, or anywhere, really for that matter.

http://www.jeffcountyfair.com/home.htm

Just lots of trees and dirt roads that end, going no where, unless their driveways and the houses aren't visible.

Beyond Belief said:
Now they said she was pictured on a video at Walgreens or someplace after he left her at the car. Anymore information on this?

I believe this was before she met him.

Thank goodness the FBI is involved.......its getting pretty
ridiculous anymore the way LE waits for a body to be
found....then they say / lookie what we found?????
Wonder who did it?
Seems mighty strange the babies Dad just so happens to
appear for the 1st time & bam she disapears!!!!

:doh: :doh: :doh:

No way she walked off. Her parents said she wouldn't do that, that her habit was always to be in touch. In addition, she has a little girl! No way she walked off.

She's been abducted or abducted and murdered.

She wouldn't just walk off. How does the x husband fit into all this and what was her motivation for contacting the unborn child's father if there was no relationship between them or him contacting her.

lisafremont said:
Dan Abrams had Amanda's parents on and the story connected to the father of the baby is very odd to say the least. The father of the baby called Amanda Sunday morning to tell her that a couple in a red car came by to see him and said "You have to call Amanda." He said he did not know these people. Amanda doesn't know these people. But he suggested that they meet at the Civic Center and that they would all go to lunch in Desoto, a seafood restaurant called "Off the Hook."

Amanda's father said that he didn't really know this guy.

He's my suspect. This story makes no sense. How much do you want to bet this "couple" never calls LE.

So, according to the parents, the father of the baby is the one to instigate the meeting. Why now? Why would she disappear after meeting him? :rolleyes:

We need to know if they did in fact go to this restaurant and what time she made her final cell phone call. The guy said she was on her cell phone when he left.

:doh: OH!!! According to later reports, he told LE he met with her for about an hour and then they parted. What happened to the lunch and the people in the red car?

Gosh! I hope this LE isn't as inept as the Anaheim, Calif LE appear to be about their missing adults. They wait until the 'person of interest' gets rid of all traces of the 'missing without a trace' victim, then they say there's no evidence of foul play,.......end of story.........and the victim is lost forever.

JMHO
fran

I grew up in Hillsboro (well, til I was 12) and we do visit the area occasionally. No way Hillsboro is 45 minutes from Pevely. It may be 15, 20 minutes at the most. I am not trying to correct anybody here, but just wanted to clear that up. My dad still lives in Festus and I have close family members in that area. This is truly saddening and I pray they find her safe!

chiefs_fan_4life said:
I grew up in Hillsboro (well, til I was 12) and we do visit the area occasionally. No way Hillsboro is 45 minutes from Pevely. It may be 15, 20 minutes at the most. I am not trying to correct anybody here, but just wanted to clear that up. My dad still lives in Festus and I have close family members in that area. This is truly saddening and I pray they find her safe!
I still live here, and I'm not going to argue with you either.

Yahoo maps is saying around 25 minutes from Pevely to Hillsboro. I don't travel between the two enough to know exactly, but I definitely thought it was less than 45 minutes. I could be there in 45 minutes and I am about 25 minutes from Pevely.
It sounds like he wasn't really even considered a "boyfriend". Almost like they had a very short-term relationship and she got pregnant, but he had nothing more to do with her until this recent meeting. Yes, how odd that she would disappear after seeing him for the first time in all these months. The area is full of places to hide someone (or, God forbid, a body). And I think I'd agree that LE in this area is probably not real well equipped to deal with something like this on their own. I am glad the FBI is involved.

After thinking about it, Chief and Shelly, you are correct about the distance. It takes me, from my house about that long to get there. So, I stand corrected.

I still can not see her leaving Hillsboro without her vehicle.....I wonder if the hospitals have been checked? I sure hope she is found soon.

I read something that this guy wasn't even sure if this was his child. Did he even know she was pregnant before this little meeting? Did they have a one night fling? No birth control? Helloooooooooooo! Something smells of inconsistencies here.

20050815-amanda.jpg
[font=Arial,Verdana,Helvetica,sans-serif]MISSING PREGNANT WOMAN NEEDS MEDICATION TO KEEP HER ALIVE [/font]

[font=Arial,Verdana,Helvetica,sans-serif]Amanda Jones' family says the unmarried woman was diagnosed with Graves Disease and needs thyroid pills to keep her alive. Further, we found medication for the unborn child. The home certainly does not appear to be one of a woman who would simply leave on her own. There is an entire bedroom well equipped for an infant. There are even diapers and a sign on the door reading 'Baby Hayden's room.' She had positioned a bassinet in her own bedroom for when she first brought baby Hayden home from the hospital. The home is full of memories of her high school graduation, her bowling team activities, photos of Dolly Parton whom she adored, and the beloved dolphins she collected. The family says she was hoping to name the child Hayden Lucas Westfall after the man she believed to be the father, Byron Lee Westfall. After not communicating for nine months, he called her last week to meet her at the Hillsboro Civic Center, where they met back in December. She was planning to ask for his permission to name the child in his honor. Then she vanished. The sheriff says investigators are no longer talking directly with Westfall. All communications are now going through an attorney he's hired. Still the sheriff says both Westfall and his attorney have been cooperating fully. He says Westfall is not a suspect.

http://www.foxktvi.com/
[/font]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500