MO MO - Amanda Jones, 26, pregnant, Hillsboro, 14 Aug 2005

Is anybody beside me feeling some anxiety about Amanda? i wonder if they can confirm her car was exactly in the same spot she parked it in or if it had been moved. Could she had been driven away in her own car and it returned there without her?

Everytime i see the words written in these cases "missing without a trace", it just seems so ridiculous. They put people at the scenes of crimes with one fingerprint, what aren't we/they seeing in these cases. I wonder if they even checked her car for someone else's fingerprints.

Beyond Belief said:
Is anybody beside me feeling some anxiety about Amanda? i wonder if they can confirm her car was exactly in the same spot she parked it in or if it had been moved. Could she had been driven away in her own car and it returned there without her?

Everytime i see the words written in these cases "missing without a trace", it just seems so ridiculous. They put people at the scenes of crimes with one fingerprint, what aren't we/they seeing in these cases. I wonder if they even checked her car for someone else's fingerprints.

I want to know why two "innocent" people needed to retain attorneys. Why in the world would his girlfriend need an attorney for pity sake. I believe they are both guilty of murder. I'll bet LE believes the same thing and are just gathering evidence...tailing him and the girlfriend...doing whatever LE does when they suspect a person or people but need facts to nail them. At least I hope that is what they are doing. This case is so obvious.

Bobbisangel said:
I want to know why two "innocent" people needed to retain attorneys. Why in the world would his girlfriend need an attorney for pity sake. I believe they are both guilty of murder. I'll bet LE believes the same thing and are just gathering evidence...tailing him and the girlfriend...doing whatever LE does when they suspect a person or people but need facts to nail them. At least I hope that is what they are doing. This case is so obvious.

DOUBLE murder, at that!! :furious: :furious: Poor Amanda. :(

PrayersForMaura said:
I don't think that this what that line meant.
I *think* that line met that the girlfriend of the guy Amanda was supposed to meet with hired an attorney.... meanign the girlfriend hired the attorney, not that he was going to meet with her... but I'm sure he met with her, too ... I have a feeling she was involved.
the quote from the article says "Jefferson County police tell NewsChannel 5 that the girlfriend of the man Jones went to meet last Sunday has hired an attorney. They continue to follow up on more than 150 leads in connection with the disappearance."

From that I took it to mean that she hired the attorney for her boyfriend, not for herself.

Bobbisangel said:

Although I agree with you that these two, more than likely, were involved somehow, I disagree that "why "innocent" people needed to retain attorneys." I think getting an attoryney, even if you are innocent, it is the smart thing to do.

Good thing they both lawyered up..........sounds like they're both going to need lawyers. Give them a rope long enough & they'll hang themselves. :behindbar

I think both of them are deeply involved. Can bet they're using each other as excuses.

lostfaith said:
Although I agree with you that these two, more than likely, were involved somehow, I disagree that "why "innocent" people needed to retain attorneys." I think getting an attoryney, even if you are innocent, it is the smart thing to do.

Why in the world would the guy's girlfriend need an attorney? That makes no sense to me. I can understand the guy getting an attorney as he is the last person to see Amanda but his girlfriend :confused:

PrayersForMaura said:
Yup, father of the child has a "GIRLFRIEND" ... guess what ... SHE has lawyered up now, TOO :furious:

I'm telling ya, I have a very strong hunch :::just my opinion:::
that this guy asked amanda to get into his car, she grabbed her purse, put her keys and cell phone in, got innocently into his car thinking they were going to lunch, and the girlfriend jumps up from the back seat and either puts some sort of gas on a handkercheif over her mouth to knock her out or strangles her from behind. Something is up with those two.
Lawyering up so soon? Hogwash. :doh:

http://www.ksdk.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=83596

"A nine-month pregnant woman doesn't just disappear like that. Somebody has to have seen or know something, they're just afraid to say," said Bertha Propst, Amanda's mother.

Jefferson County police tell NewsChannel 5 that the girlfriend of the man Jones went to meet last Sunday has hired an attorney. They continue to follow up on more than 150 leads in connection with the disappearance.
Maura Sadly you were right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I mean about the girlfriend you said it from the beginning.

Bobbisangel said:
Why in the world would the guy's girlfriend need an attorney? That makes no sense to me. I can understand the guy getting an attorney as he is the last person to see Amanda but his girlfriend :confused:

Your right, I agree, that seems a little strange.

UNLESS.....this just crossed my mind......she knows something and is co-operating with the police, but there is not enough evidence against him, so they are waiting and watching. Didn't Scott Peterson's girlfriend, Amber, obtain a lawyer? Forgive me if I am wrong, I did not follow that case very closely, but I thought I remember her having a lawyer since she was providing evidence against him.

TisHerself said:
Maura Sadly you were right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I mean about the girlfriend you said it from the beginning.
I just have a feeling. i hope I'm wrong. I remember the Texas Cadet murder and this just reminds me a little of that, where the girlfriend tells the boyfriend "we'll just have to kill her".

I just feel so bad for Amanda Jones. I want to drive around and look for her. :(

PrayersForMaura said:
I just have a feeling. i hope I'm wrong. I remember the Texas Cadet murder and this just reminds me a little of that, where the girlfriend tells the boyfriend "we'll just have to kill her".

I just feel so bad for Amanda Jones. I want to drive around and look for her. :(
I do too, Maura, it makes you want to jump on a plane to there and start combing the area. When I am not tied down with making a living, I think I'll start participating in those type of search groups.

About getting a lawyer, I don't know what I would really do in those circumstances, but I do know I am not match for a professional interrogater. I say such dumb things sometimes I would probably make a big mess out of it by myself.

On the subject of innocent people lawyering up....The fact is that when you are telling the truth your story is consistent and doesn't keep changing. And the cops are pretty good at spotting truthtellers and those with a line of bull.

Years and years ago I got a call from an FBI agent who wanted to speak to me. He came to my apartment (and I looked closely at his ID, btw) and said that my phone number was found in the address book of a man whose body was found in a trunk of a car parked in the longterm lot at JFK airport. :eek:

He showed me a photo lineup, as I recall and I couldn't identify any of the men in it. Honestly.

I didn't recognize the name of the man who died. And the FBI guy asked me to speculate how my phone number could have been in this guy's possession.

I shrugged. Maybe I HAD met him and had given him my number. I used to work as a waitress (long ago) in a bar and met lots of people. It's possible I gave him my number but I hadn't dated him. I was sure of that. It was mystifying and disturbing.

But I was telling the absolute truth. And he believed me.

Ya know, I know Amanda is no "Laci" or "Natalee" but it is very nice to see that the FBI is involved and that the local news here is staying on this and that the helicopters are flying overhead and that the infrared lights were being used to detext body heat. This case will be solved sooner than most.

I'm editing this to add: my first line is referring to the attention that the national media is giving to Natalee and had given to Laci. Local media here has kept up with Amanda, as has the FBI and the local LE. Greta had done a little bit too... not enough in my opinion.

How can there be so little news about this case? 150 leads is alot in the area Amanda is from.

absolut said:
How can there be so little news about this case? 150 leads is alot in the area Amanda is from.
There was a lot of news last week, I thought. I think LE knows who did this and that sadly, there is a crime. It's just a matter of finding the bodies :(
LE doesn't seem to want to comment much more to hinder the case. The guilty parties know they are toast, which is why they both lawyered up. Just my opinion.

I really believe arrests are coming soon.
I hope I am not wrong.

Police To Give Briefing On Missing Pregnant Woman

created: 8/23/2005 11:49:03 AM
updated: 8/23/2005 11:50:48 AM

- Tuesday, Amanda Jones, 26, is supposed to give birth to a baby boy. But she hasn't been seen in more than a week.

Amanda's parents are expected to attend a media briefing Tuesday where police will make an announcement.

http://www.ksdk.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=83714

I took someone else to one of the St.Louis County ER's last week, and while we were waiting to be seen, a county police officer came in with a "suspect" in another crime that needed medical treatment. One of the guys at the front desk asked if there was anything new on "the girl". And the cop told him no, and that when they find her it will probably be a body. Now, I don't know if that was just his opinion, or if he knows more, or what. But LE (at least some of them) think the same way we do.

I hope and pray for her daughter, parents, family and friends that she IS found alive. But we all know that just isn't likely.

Tuesday afternoon, her family offered a $100,000 reward for anyone who gave them information that helped them find her and anyone who may have harmed her.

17 officers are working full-time on the case. So far, 125 leads have been followed. 25 to 30 are still open.

We'll have more coverage on NewsChannel 5 at 5 & 6.

http://ksdk.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=83714

PrayersForMaura said:
Ya know, I know Amanda is no "Laci" or "Natalee" but it is very nice to see that the FBI is involved and that the local news here is staying on this and that the helicopters are flying overhead and t hat the infrared lights were being used to detext body heat. This case will be solved sooner than most.

But Amanda is a "Laci" or "Natalee." She is the beloved daughter of someone and the beloved sister of a younger girl. She is the mother of a little girl and the grandaughter of someone. She is loved and missed and her family is in as much pain as Laci's family and Natalee's family. Amanda has value as a person and had a full life ahead of her. She is also a child of God like Laci and Natalee.

I'm glad the FBI is involved in Amanda's disapperance too. Her baby is due today and if she is alive could be born anytime from today on. I wonder if LE has checked to see if that guy's girlfriend has been seen with a new baby?
I hope those two didn't take the baby and discard Amanda. Probably unlikely but it has happened before. Maybe gave it to someone they know????

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike
Back