MO MO - Amanda Jones, 26, pregnant, Hillsboro, 14 Aug 2005

I'm having a hard time trying to figure out why the father of the baby would want to get rid of Amanda. They had had no contact throughout the pregnancy. Amanda wasn't hounding him. He was a sperm donor. Why would he call her out of the blue and want to meet with her? I wonder if she is the one that called him instead? Maybe she didn't want her family to know that she had called him and wanted to talk to him so she told them a story about a couple in a red car and that he wanted to talk to her?????

It was said that she wanted to get his permission to name the baby after him.
How did that come up out of the blue when they hadn't had any contact at all? Did she just come up with that idea after she supposedly heard from him?

I just wonder if Amanda didn't contact him as the baby was due soon. She may have been hopeing that he would want to be a part of the baby's life and maybe of her life too. He may have baulked at the whole idea and she may have let him know that he would support the baby regardless and he exploded. He has a girlfriend and might not have wanted the complications of Amanda and the baby.

This is all "maybe's" of course but it is the only thing that makes sense to me.

None of this really makes sense. I wonder if there were any other gentlemen in her life. I used the word gentlemen because I think this "lady" had gentlemen in her life. The description of the child's room waiting for the new arrival said volumnes to me.

Greta interviewing on amanda (amanda's brother, i think)

Met the father at xmas party. one night stand. baby's father not employed
checking the hospitals
unlikely to leave on her own
baby's father co operating through a lawyer
she made a cell phone call at 1 that afternoon.
there were some confusing comments. baby's father said she was on the phone for 3 hours. said he took her to lunch, then said he didn't take her to lunch. things in the car are the things she bought that day.

hmmm

I just now heard about this missing woman on either Fox or MSNBC (hubby was flipping) - I posted a thread in the Jury Room to hopefully draw more people to this thread here. I have a lot of reading to catch up on, but right off the bat with the few articles I've read, I'm suspicious of the unborn baby's father, also! No interest for 9 months and then calls and wants to see her? Hmmmm - sounds hinkey to me.

Hmmm. I wonder if she had that same conversation with some other guy also? If this was just a casual thing, maybe there was someone else in her life. Maybe theres somebody in the background we haven't heard about? Mr. Unknown might be the culprit their looking for?

Beyond Belief said:
Hmmm. I wonder if she had that same conversation with some other guy also? If this was just a casual thing, maybe there was someone else in her life. Maybe theres somebody in the background we haven't heard about? Mr. Unknown might be the culprit their looking for?
I think it would be too slim a chance to be someone else.

Snipped -
Bobbisangel said:
But Amanda is a "Laci" or "Natalee." She is the beloved daughter of someone and the beloved sister of a younger girl. She is the mother of a little girl and the grandaughter of someone. She is loved and missed and her family is in as much pain as Laci's family and Natalee's family. Amanda has value as a person and had a full life ahead of her. She is also a child of God like Laci and Natalee.

:clap: :blowkiss: So well said, thank you Bobbisangel!

SieSie said:
Snipped -

:clap: :blowkiss: So well said, thank you Bobbisangel!
Oh I totally agree with both of you... I was being sarcastic towards the media. Sorry, i thought more people would've understood what I meant. I've been follwoing Amanda's case from day one and care a great deal about her.
I hope no one thought I meant something otherwise.

Reward offered for clues in case of missing pregnant woman
Jefferson County (KMOV) -- The family of a missing pregnant woman, due to give birth today, is now offering a $100,000 reward.

M_IMAGE.10543a66c1a.93.88.fa.7c.8c0d70f0.jpg
KMOV

Amanda Jones

Amanda Jones, 26, was last seen in Hillsboro over a week ago.

An anonymous donor stepped forward to offer the reward.

Jones was due to have her baby today.

She was last seen alive on Sunday August 14th at the Hillsboro Civic Center on Highway 21 talking to a man that her family says is the father of the baby.

The sheriff now tells News 4 that the man is not a suspect, but the sheriff says he does have a keen interest in him and his girlfriend.

more at link: http://www.kmov.com/topstories/stories/kmov_localnews_050823_jonesreward.a1e1a6d5.html

PrayersForMaura said:
Reward offered for clues in case of missing pregnant woman
Jefferson County (KMOV) -- The family of a missing pregnant woman, due to give birth today, is now offering a $100,000 reward.

M_IMAGE.10543a66c1a.93.88.fa.7c.8c0d70f0.jpg
KMOV

Amanda Jones

Amanda Jones, 26, was last seen in Hillsboro over a week ago.

An anonymous donor stepped forward to offer the reward.

Jones was due to have her baby today.

She was last seen alive on Sunday August 14th at the Hillsboro Civic Center on Highway 21 talking to a man that her family says is the father of the baby.

The sheriff now tells News 4 that the man is not a suspect, but the sheriff says he does have a keen interest in him and his girlfriend.

more at link: http://www.kmov.com/topstories/stories/kmov_localnews_050823_jonesreward.a1e1a6d5.html

Hopefully the sheriff is saying that the guy isn't a suspect just to throw the guy off. Like they did with LaToyia's baby's dad. The sheriff's keen interest in the guy and his girlfriend will put LE on them like a hound dog on a trail.
LE will end up arresting him or them sooner or later.

When Amanda's brother was on Greta tonight he said that the guy said Amanda was talking on the phone for 3 hours and he left and then came back.
He said that he took her to lunch and then he didn't.

Cell phone records show that Amanda was on her cell phone at 1:00 for a couple minutes. There haven't been any more calls since then...no credit cards or bank accounts used. Wasn't Amanda meeting this guy at 1:00? She probably called someone right before he arrived. The guy is guilty as sin.

This guy sounds like a real winner.....lowlife.

Police and relatives say Jones went to Hillsboro to meet with Bryan Lee Westfall, the man her family says is the father of her baby, a boy.

Sheriff Oliver "Glenn" Boyer said on Tuesday that the man has been giving "limited cooperation" to authorities by speaking with police through his attorney.

Boyer said Westfall "is a key person in our investigation because he was the last person, through his own admission, to have seen her."

Westfall's attorney, Kevin Roberts, has said his client "has done nothing wrong."

Boyer said investigators had been speaking with a woman through her attorney. That woman was with Westfall the night after Jones disappeared, Boyer said.

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/news/stories.nsf/stlouiscitycounty/story/FF3FBE217089C3E286257067000EF832?OpenDocument

Amanda's parents say their daughter seemed distressed and preoccupied during her last known cell phone conversation with a family member, but they remain convinced Jones did not leave on her own. "Let me tell you something, she didn't walk away on her own. She could hardly walk," said Hubert Propst. Police say cooperation from the man believed to be the baby's father and his current girlfriend has been limited. "We're talking to them through an attorney. They've been cooperative but it's been through an attorney," said Sheriff Boyer.

The family says they have no conflicting information other than there is cooperation. They are also getting support from throughout the community. The search for Jones has gained national attention. "Oh yeah, everybody's talking about it," said one resident. "Just how sad and unfortunate it is," said a woman who works in Hillsboro. "Everybody's talking about it, but nobody knows any information about where she is," said a nearby resident.

http://wb11tv.trb.com/kplr-news-082305-4,0,2720647.story?coll=kplr-home-1

This is the first I had heard about this.

Some of my friends and I are going to look with our friends and dogs and just start searching the area for the next several days to try to find Amanda. I don't know if there are any other local search efforts going on independent of those of family and LE but if anyone is interested, let's get something organized.

I'm guessing rivers or fields ... there's lots of those around the area.
Unfortunately there's also lots of wild animals, so if Amanda is deceased, there may not be much left of her, and I would hate to think of that.

Let's hope and pray she is still alive.

If I weren't so far away I would be fist in line to help with the search, I will definetly be praying for You,Amanda and her family.Good Luck.

PrayersForMaura,
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your friends. Prayers that Amanda is found. My heart goes out to her family.

Police Search Property of Father of Missing Pregnant Woman's Unborn Child
KSDK-Jefferson County authorities have searched the property of Brian Westfall, the man who would be the father of Jones' unborn child. Some items taken from the property were sent to the Missouri Highway Patrol lab for forensic analysis.

Sheriff Glenn Boyer says Westfall is not a suspect, but is a person of interest. He says Westfall and his attorney have been cooperating with police. Police have previously said the same about Westfall's girlfriend.

:(

Authorities search a home in the case of a missing pregnant woman (KMOV) -- Authorities investigating the disappearance of a pregnant Pevely, Missouri woman searched a home near Hillsboro this afternoon.

Police searched the home of Bryan Lee Westfall this afternoon in Morese Hill, Missouri. He is the father Amanda Jones’ unborn baby.
The sheriff said several items were seized from the home.
Police are calling him a person of interest.

My guess --- they were waiting to opbtain search warrants. Don't those sometimes take days?

I was just getting logged in to post this new information-PFM beat me to it.
I can't imagine that it took a week to get the search warrant, but I suppose it is possible. Maybe there wasn't enough just cause until now? I remember the investigator (on the news) saying that they took some evidence, but that there was no "smoking gun"-although I doubt they'd tell if there was!
Keeping Amanda and family in my prayers...............

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea
Back