MO MO - Angela Hammond, 20, Clinton, 4 Apr 1991

The more I think about it, the more the bf seems suspect to me. Come on, your transmission gives out just as you chasing down the abductor-I don't know, that never sat right with me. How exactly did the cops rule him out?

The more I think about it, the more the bf seems suspect to me. Come on, your transmission gives out just as you chasing down the abductor-I don't know, that never sat right with me. How exactly did the cops rule him out?

I've often wondered about that too! I know that according to the reports, that the police aparently varified that he did indeed have a faulty transmission...however, that could have easily been damaged on purpose to cover his tracks.

Does the bf still live in the same area? Someone alluded once to the baby Angela carried not being his.

If the baby wasn't his the actual father could have been a suspect.

It still seems to me that someone she didn't know was responsible...

It seems a little funny to me that she would be describing the stranger in such detail to her boyfriend over the phone. Mustache, glasses, coveralls, fish decal in the rear window oo a green ford truck. It's always sounded like the boyfriend was really trying to fabricate a suspect. I hope I'm wrong about that

I disagree.... if she was feeling uncomfortable it makes sense to me that she was telling him what the man looked like. It might seem safer to stay on the phone and keep talking rather than hang up and walk by the man to get to her car .

It could be looked at as giving enough information so that they could pursue things.

You may well be right Lilac, but it just strikes me funny that she was so concerned about the man that she would describe him and his truck in such detail, but neither she or the BF were so concerned that they even considered calling the police. Then he races out of the house because she screams into the phone. He knows where she's at, so why no call to police at that point?

I hope he had nothing to do with it, but if I were investigating this, I'd lean on him a bit.

They did investigate him at one point but cleared him as I recall.

I cannot believe she was never recovered

The suspiciously highly detailed description is indeed odd; odder still is that someone would kidnap a person who is talking on the phone at the time, had been observing you, perhaps had recognized you, and certainly may have described you to whomever was on the other end of the line. Highly unlikely.

I know they cleared him back then, but I'm not as impressed with polygraphs as much as some folks are. Wouldn't hurt to talk to him again. I wonder if the BF still lives there.

Maybe they'll find her someday, and her family can have an end to part of this.

I don't buy the story of this mysterious stranger. It is too convenient. The whole thing just boggles my mind. Had there been tension between the couple? Was he happy about the baby? Does he still live in the area?

The suspiciously highly detailed description is indeed odd; odder still is that someone would kidnap a person who is talking on the phone at the time, had been observing you, perhaps had recognized you, and certainly may have described you to whomever was on the other end of the line. Highly unlikely.

Exactly. Attacking someone while they're on the phone is asking for trouble. I don't buy it at all

I was just reading the sitcoms online message board about this in the unsolved mysteries thread. (Hope it's okay to say that)

First, a poster paid for old news articles and posted them!
Apparently, there is some new DNA being processed (probably old preserved that can be tested with new tech)
Rob drove a truck VERY similar to the perps' not a station wagon
Other people saw the truck in question circling around the area.
Also, the timeline breaks down to only 45 minutes Rob would have to commit the crime and dispose of the body.

ALSO, a poster who says he is Angela's brother (and I believe that to be true because he posts links to the myspace/facebook pages he's set up to spread the message)
He says that ROB DIDN'T do it quite emphatically!

He also (I think it was him some of the quoting of other posters is weird) suggests that the perp(s) were from the next county/close knit group and involved in drugs.
According to the poster a lot of people are talking

I really hope Rob didn't do it, but now you're saying his truck resembles the perps and some people sawone of the two driving around the block? That makes me even more suspicious. I don't understand the timeline either. Are you saying he had 45 minutes unaccounted for?

I really hope Rob didn't do it, but now you're saying his truck resembles the perps and some people sawone of the two driving around the block? That makes me even more suspicious. I don't understand the timeline either. Are you saying he had 45 minutes unaccounted for?

I think what she is saying is that he would have had only 45 minutes to kidnap/murder Angela and dispose of the body so well it hasnt been found over 18 years later.

Also, could somone provide a link where it states that Angela was pregnant? I have read about this story several times over the years and this is the first time I have everheard that Angela was pregnant.

Rob was at home babysitting his brother at the time when 2 witnesses saw the truck driving around town and circling in that particular area.

Angela was driving around with her friend when Rob was babysitting. From the time that he left the house to go the phone booth until the time he ended up with police only 45 minutes went by. So, he'd have had 45 minutes to abduct/murder and stash her.

The truck was similar to the perps.

She was 4 months pregnant.

Rob and the ex boyfriend were investigated and cleared.

But other witnesses saw the mystery truck and from the articles on sitcoms it does not appear they thought it to be Rob... I believe they saw the same sketchy man.

Angela made the call there because she didn't have a phone.

Some locals who posted there said they thought she disappeared on her own and Rob helped her, but Angela's brother is ADAMANT that Rob didn't do it.

Other locals think him innocent. He eventually married and moved but still within an hour or so from the area. One article was six months after Angela's abduction and he was still grieving and trying to get his life together.

There were also reports she was seen in Canada in a truck similar to the reported vehicle.

One woman whose cousin worked down the street posted that Angela and her cousin were very similar in appearance and it was originally thought that Angela was accdientally taken instead of the cousin.

Was Angela's cousin involved with these people from the next county over who were mixed up in drugs? Rob could have taken Angela and stashed her and then killed her a few days later. Odd that his truck was soo similar to the alleged perp's. I don't think it is weird that this alleged perp would have taken Angela while she was on the phone. Brazen, but not unheard of.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassyfox
Back