GUILTY MO - Bobbi Jo Stinnett, 23, slain, fetus stolen, Skidmore, 16 Dec 2004

Thanks for the update - There has been quite a bit of publicity about this case because Lisa Montgomery will be the first female executed by the federal government in 67 years and - of course - because the crime was so heinous.
I just saw earlier today that
Terre Haute executions are paused by judge until COVID-19 measures are instituted -
I am not certain what this will do to the timeline, but any delay will more than likely mean a rescheduling date after the administration changes.

Last edited:
Thanks for the update - There has been quite a bit of publicity about this case because Lisa Montgomery will be the first female executed by the federal government in 67 years and - of course - because the crime was so heinous.
I just saw earlier today that
Terre Haute executions are paused by judge until COVID-19 measures are instituted -
I am not certain what this will do to the timeline, but any delay will more than likely mean a rescheduling date after the administration changes.

Sure sounds like it could be delayed. I’m surprised these precautions weren’t put in place already.

As of today, it certainly looks as if she will be executed tomorrow.
I do not believe Trump will intercede to stop this execution - he is way too concerned about his own future.
I have been on the fence about the death penalty ever since the Arias trials. I absolutely understand the desire of the victim's family for justice and punishment - especially in this case as the crime is particularly heinous. But, I think about Lisa Montgomery as a child - her life so damaged and abused by the people who were supposed to care for her. If this execution takes place, every person who took part in hurting that child and every person who knew and did nothing - each one has accountability for the murder of Bobbi Jo.
My thoughts and prayers are with the Stinnett family - I hope they find peace. This case just breaks my heart.

I’m sure the victims family is not pleased with this stay of execution. They’ve dealt with the horror of of this crime for 16 years.
I'm sure they aren't. But a justice system that encourages victims to maintain a vengeful outlook for 16 years is actually prolonging their suffering, whether they are aware of it or not. Wouldn't it have been better for the victim's family to come to terms with the murderer being put away for the rest of their life with no chance of parole at the time of sentencing rather than prolong this agony for them for so long?

Does anyone know if this stay can be overturned by the SCOTUS?

Also I might have missed it but what proof do we have of all this abuse she claims she suffered? I'm not doubting she had a difficult childhood but the trafficking, forced sterilization, all her pregnancies being the product of rape...yes I have my doubts. And the domestic violence- she faked multiple pregnancies. That's extremely manipulative behavior to say the least, not something I can see a domestic violence victim being bold enough to pull off. Actual DV victims are focused on survival.

ETA- I see there is evidence of child rape, which is terrible, but nothing for trafficking beyond the corroboration of a family member that she spoke of it. And another family member claiming he saw a video of her being beaten by her ex husband. They have a reason to lie for her- they are trying to save her life. Video evidence is one thing but Lisa telling someone a story doesn't make it true. She told multiple men she was pregnant with their baby after her tubes were tied, and told people Victoria was her baby.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if this stay can be overturned by the SCOTUS?

Also I might have missed it but what proof do we have of all this abuse she claims she suffered? I'm not doubting she had a difficult childhood but the trafficking, forced sterilization, all her pregnancies being the product of rape...yes I have my doubts. And the domestic violence- she faked multiple pregnancies. That's extremely manipulative behavior to say the least, not something I can see a domestic violence victim being bold enough to pull off. Actual DV victims are focused on survival.

ETA- I see there is evidence of child rape, which is terrible, but nothing for trafficking beyond the corroboration of a family member that she spoke of it. And another family member claiming he saw a video of her being beaten by her ex husband. They have a reason to lie for her- they are trying to save her life. Video evidence is one thing but Lisa telling someone a story doesn't make it true. She told multiple men she was pregnant with their baby after her tubes were tied, and told people Victoria was her baby.
And you would not have believed that she was a victim of child rape if you had not found evidence of it and really, telling men you are pregnant is not a crime. It is a lie, but not a crime.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JennySue80
Back