MO MO - Branson Perry, 20, Skidmore, 11 April 2001

BRANSON PERRY

Branson Perry disappeared from Skidmore, Missouri, more than 21 years ago.

I was watching some LordanArts stuff today. He does some great work on cases. I wonder if he would put his talents into Branson's case? New exposure would be awesome. As I do so often, I was thinking of Branson today and hoping that those who hold the secrets in Skidmore would finally just say what happened. In my opinion, someone in that town knows what happened.
Danelle Hallan covered the case on her YouTube Channel about four years ago now.

Terrible what happened to this young man should never have happened, although if the drug thing is true, I think he must have been dead for a long time, perhaps since the day he disappeared, his parents loved him but they were very far from each other and although they already know the truth because they must have met with their son on the "other side" I hope everyone is resting in peace

While I had heard about the Bobbie Jo Stinnett case before, I just stumbled over Branson's disappearance today and saw that the two were related (Branson's and Bobbie's husband's fathers were stepbrothers). I know that Skidmore is the type of very small town where everyone seems to be somewhat related to their neighbors, but it still made me feel sorry for the family. Even worse when I saw that yet another cousin, Wendy Gillenwater, also got murdered in Skidmore just six months prior to Branson's disappearance. While sleuthing around, I came across an interesting comment on a webpage that claims Branson's disappearance was related to his knowledge about what happened to Wendy (Skidmore, Missouri: Part 2).
The Crime Junkie podcast covered the case in their June 14 2021 episode and they further cite Sheriff Espey mentioning that the local meth ring might have been concerned about Branson talking to the police and killed him. Interestingly, according to the podcast right after Branson disappeared, even before he was reported missing, one of the local meth labs completely burned to the grounds. Initially, nobody thought too much of it, but in hindsight it was maybe set on fire on purpose to destroy evidence.
Whatever happened, I hope that at some point someone will come forward finally and break the silence that has now been laying over all the horrible things happening in Skidmore for more than 40 years. Hope the families of the missing and murdered will find closure eventually.

Last edited:
Several articles and stories

Poor Branson, he looks a really nice kid! God that town has alot of issues. I would guess many of which are caused by the abundance of meth in the town (both cause by the dealers and the effects of meth on a person).

I was surprised to see no one had mentioned Branson's encounter with his friend and neighbour. Apparently they did some drugs, Branson ended up dancing naked around the house and then he and the neighbour had a sexual encounter. Branson told his Dad the neighbour had taken advantage sexually, but it never went any further. His father had suspected he was gay for years. I don't think the neighbour was ever a POI, but it always seemed like yet another oddity in this case. Plus, the neighbour was the likeliest guy to have been around and to see what was going on and to easily place the junp cables back in the shed.

There are of course many other people relevant in the case. Not least the fact that he may have known who killed his relative and that he may have been in debt to some drug dealers (he looks so unlike anyone on meth to me!) It seem like LE no longer suspect Jack Wayne Rogers and whoever they suspect is a local. They are just waiting for enough evidence to charge him (which I guess will be a death bed confession or a body).
Since the POI is a local I would suggest that Branson's remains will be discovered not a million miles from where he disappeared. But it sounds like they did a pretty thorough search of the whole area.
I feel like many people in Skidmore might know the truth. But I wonder what the reason was for wanting him dead? What could he have possibly known?

Wish someone from Skidmore was on here to give us more info.

Oh, it looks like the friend he was with the day he disappeared was called "Gena" according to this article.

I noticed on Wendy Gillenwater's Find A Grave page that her mother has the maiden name Stinnett.

So was Branson related to her somehow?

I noticed on Wendy Gillenwater's Find A Grave page that her mother has the maiden name Stinnett.

So was Branson related to her somehow?
Yes, Branson was Wendy's cousin I believe. Here's an article about Jo Ann Stinnet and all the heartache she has endured:

Jo Ann Stinnett is baby Victoria's great-grandmother. She has suffered three losses.

First, a grand-daughter was murdered at age 25.

Then, a teenage grandson mysteriously disappears. No one knows what may have happened to him.

Now, Bobbie Jo, her grandson's wife was killed for the baby she was carrying.

"You have to go ahead living for the living, you can't let your body die with them, you can't bring them back, so you have to go ahead and do the best you can for the ones that are living and support them."

Lisa Montgomery is accused of killing Bobbie Jo Stinnett and cutting out her unborn baby. She made her first court appearance yesterday.

Baby Victoria is reported to be in "remarkably good" condition.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlackBalled
Back