MO - Camila Behrensen and Pablo Guzman-Palma - Graduate Students from Chile/Argentina - Found Deceased After Kansas City Fire

darkstar105

Reaction score
Foul play is suspected in the Saturday, Oct. 1, 2022 deaths of two graduate students at the Stowers Institute for Medical Research.
A fire occurred in their apartment somewhere between Friday night, Sept. 30, and Saturday morning, Oct. 1. The victims are Camila Behrensen, 24, from Argentina, and Pablo Guzman-Palma, 25, from Chile.

The mission of the Stowers Institute for Medical Research is to make a significant contribution to humanity through foundational biomedical research by expanding our understanding of fundamental biological processes and by using this knowledge to guide the development of innovative approaches to diagnose, treat, and prevent disease.

1664925768708.png

Just now on KSHB channel 41 (NBC affiliate) news, they said police are trying to get Amazon Alexa Cloud Storage from inside the apartment. They said they think the suspect may have been inside the apartment with the victims for several hours before the crime.

Edited to add: It also says they were shot.

Last edited:
I'm Chilean and it's all over the news over here.

So sad to hear.
Very sad and sorry for the victims. My guess is it's some kind of robbery, but of course we don't know for sure yet. That area has a lot of bartenders and servers who (from what I hear locally) get robbed on their way home with their tips after the bars close.

Just now on KSHB channel 41 (NBC affiliate) news, they said police are trying to get Amazon Alexa Cloud Storage from inside the apartment. They said they think the suspect may have been inside the apartment with the victims for several hours before the crime.

I hope LE is able to retrieve information from Amazon Cloud.
Maybe the killer was listed on their Cloud intinerary.

Why on earth would you kill 2 medical students?

I wonder if they were being pressed to supply drugs and medication for someone?

That's the only reason I can think of. ....

They weren't medical students. They were researchers. Can't imagine they'd have access to drugs (and FTR, medical students don't either).

On tonight's news segment on KSHB channel 41 (NBC affiliate), they interviewed a young woman who lived across the hall. She said they were both very kind and had parties. They also showed the apartment with evidence of fire in a 2nd story window. (Rightmost apartment)

This is probably paywalled from the KC Star but it says one had previously worked on spinal cord regeneration and one had previously worked on metabolic changes in fruit flies: (probably nothing related to human drugs I don't think)

As far as potential motives related to their research, I wonder if either worked with embryonic stem cells.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Janewiththedogs
Back