GUILTY MO - Carl DeBrodie, 31, Fulton, disabled, beaten to death, encased in concrete, 17 Apr 2017 *Arrests

Debrodie%20defendants_1528204240617.PNG_11773827_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

Trial dates set for three in DeBrodie case

Shaina Osborne is set to go to trial Feb. 28 on a charge of making a false report about a missing person.

Anthony R. Flores is set for trial March 27 on charges of involuntary manslaughter, abandoning a corpse and making a false report about a missing person.

Anthony R.K. Flores is set for trial March 28 on charges of making a false report.
I am confused. How can putting a body in a can and then adding cement to it equal involuntary manslaughter?!

Or are they thinking Carl was involuntarily murdered before he was put in the can with cement? And abandonment of a corpse? Was that because he left him dead in a can with cement? I am seriously missing something here. Can anyone try to explain this to me?

They (LE) are saying that he died from injuries received from the fighting between two patients that they were betting on. Kind of like a "fight club" kind of thing. When he began to succumb from those injuries they did not call 911. They freaked out and disposed of his body in a trash can then poured concrete in the can. This is not from just one article but many over the period of time. I still believe there should be more serious charges.

JMO

I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but in last few weeks there have been another couple cases where patients in long term care facilities have been harmed. Whether MO or other States, the State should oversee the care of these patients. They need to stop cutting Budgets to these agencies.
JMO

Two plead guilty to misdemeanors in DeBrodie case

Shaina Osborne and Anthony R.K. Flores each pleaded guilty to making a false report in connection with a missing person, a Class A misdemeanor. Osborne was given a 30-day jail sentence that was suspended while she serves two years of probation.

Flores was sentenced to eight months in jail.

A condition of Osborne's probation is that she stay off social media after authorities said she had made inflammatory Facebook posts.

Two plead guilty to misdemeanors in DeBrodie case

Trials pushed back for two in DeBrodie case

FULTON, Mo. - Two people charged in the 2017 death of a Fulton man had their trials pushed back to a later date after a court hearing on Monday.

Sherry Paulo and Mary Paulo were accused in the death of Carl DeBrodie after his body was found encased in concrete at a Fulton storage unit in April 2017.

Sherry's trial will be pushed back until sometime after August 2019 due to pending federal charges. Mary was given a continuance due to personal reasons.

Trials pushed back for two in DeBrodie case

“[SBM]

Mary Paulo is currently out on bail; Sherry Paulo remains in custody.

DeBrodie's supporters say they hope the delay to Sherry Paulo's trial is a sign federal charges will arrive soon. Callaway County Prosecuting Attorney Chris Wilson has previously stated federal prosecutors and investigators are planning charges in the case.

‘It's taking too long, but if we get the federal charges they'll serve more time,’ said Mary Martin, DeBrodie's former legal guardian of several years.

[SBM]” (BBM)
Fulton Sun | Trials continued in DeBrodie case

It is my understanding that Federal prosecutors are waiting to see what charges are after State and Local prosecutors get done and any deals are made. Any deals made locally do not dictate that Federal will follow suit. The MO Attorney General (at that time) ruled that State agencies could not be held liable for any responsibility. I am not so sure that the Feds will not hold some accountable for Civil Rights violations on a Federal level. I do know that the Feds have been WAY more outraged about this case than the State has.

JMO

Trial pushed back for defendant in DeBrodie case
Federal charges expected

Mar 25, 2019

"FULTON, Mo. - The trial for a man charged in the 2017 death of a Fulton man was pushed back on Monday after his lawyers asked a Callaway County judge to continue the trial.

Anthony R. Flores was accused in the death of Carl DeBrodie after his body was found encased in concrete at a Fulton storage unit in April 2017. Flores' trial was originally scheduled to begin on Wednesday, but his attorneys asked the judge to allow Flores additional time to "resolve issues in the federal investigation that came from this same case," said Callaway County Prosecuting Attorney Christopher Wilson.

Federal criminal charges have not yet been filed in the case, but prosecutors and defense attorneys anticipate charges to be filed, Wilson said...

... Flores will have a status hearing in June. "

Trial pushed back for defendant in DeBrodie case

Judges deny appeal in DeBrodie case

It's too bad that the people who want money on the back of a disable young man. Those who did not use the Courts to INSIST on consistent visitation and follow up to his care while he was alive. To me it is shameful. My ex wife had a young step brother who, from an accident spent his whole life in institutional care. It takes diligence to look after the care they get. If the State gives you an obstacle or hurdle, you ADVOCATE to get over it but NEVER give up and then sue for money later.

Judge denies appeal in DeBrodie case

JMO's

It bothers me a lot that people are continuing to try to monetize and get monies from this tragic death. People who had not cared for Carl for well over a decade. Even if it is masked as a non profit to "help others". Non profits pay administrators money to run the charity. Unless someone on an annual checks to see how much it usually goes in many pockets.

JMO

Back to court in the DeBrodie case

07-15-2019

"Another hearing this (mon) morning for one of the people connected to the Fulton man with special needs found encased in concrete a couple years ago. Mary Paulo is accused of lying to the cops, months before Carl DeBrodie was found dead in a storage unit in 2017. Anthony R.K. Flores and Shaina Osborne pleaded guilty to that charge in February. Flores is serving an eight-month sentence. Osborne got probation. Sherry Paulo and Anthony R. Flores are facing more serious charges like involuntary manslaughter and abandonment of a corpse."

Back to court in the DeBrodie case - KWOS

What happened to all the talk about the patients being forced to fight? That's not being mentioned anymore? Anyway, I like this quote from the article, "They may have thought they could hide the body in a concrete-filled crate and get away with it," said Tim Garrison, U.S. attorney for the Western District of Missouri. "But when the civil rights of a vulnerable victim are violated, we will hold them accountable for their inhumane and criminal conduct.” Too bad I don't really believe him. At least he can probably work juries well .

Woman pleads guilty to federal charge in disabled Fulton man’s death

April 28, 2020

"KANSAS CITY, Mo. (KMIZ)

A former caregiver of disabled Fulton man Carl DeBrodie pleaded guilty Tuesday to charges of obstructing the investigation into DeBrodie's death.

Mary K. Paulo, a former employee of Second Chance Homes in Fulton, pleaded guilty in federal court in Kansas City to falifying documents to obstruct justice....

Mary Paulo admitted in her plea that her mother, Sherry Paulo, told her starting in summer 2016 to not come to work, though she was still paid, according to the release. Mary Paulo took another resident to one of DeBrodie's medical appointments and got a prescription in his name though she had not seen him for months, the release says.

Mary Paulo also admitted to signing documents in April 2017 as Second Chance was being sold saying that she had recently cared for DeBrodie and to telling police that she saw DeBrodie alive on April 16, 2017...."

Woman pleads guilty to federal charge in disabled Fulton man's death - ABC17NEWS

debrodie.jpg

Last edited:
A Missouri woman should receive the maximum sentence possible for directing a plan to hide the death of a developmentally disabled man whose body was found encased in concrete, a federal prosecutor said in court filings.

Sherry Paulo, of Fulton, is scheduled to be sentenced Tuesday on federal charges of health care fraud and failing to provide medical care to Carl DeBrodie, 31, whose body was found in a storage unit in Fulton in April 2017. Investigators believe he died months earlier.

Prosecutor: Woman was leader in death of man in concrete

Three Former Caregivers Sentenced on Civil Rights and Obstruction Charges Related to Death of Disabled Resident

On Tuesday, September 1, 2020, U.S. District Court Judge Brian C. Wimes sentenced Sherry Paulo to 210 months of imprisonment. Today, Judge Wimes sentenced Anthony Flores to 188 months of imprisonment and Anthony R. K. Flores (“R.K. Flores”) to three years of probation.

On Nov. 22, 2019, Sherry Paulo, 55, and Anthony Flores, 60, each pleaded guilty in federal court in the Western District of Missouri to one count of willfully failing to provide necessary medical care to victim C.D., resulting in injury to and the death of C.D. Paulo also pleaded guilty to one count of health care fraud arising from her efforts to hide C.D.’s death. On February 12, 2020, R.K. Flores pleaded guilty to one count of knowingly falsifying a document with the intent to impede, obstruct, and influence a federal investigation related to the death of C.D.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
just_a_shouthern_gal
Back