Found Deceased MO - Cassidy Rainwater, 33, *GRAPHIC CONTENT* nude & caged in photos, Buffalo, 15 Jul 2021 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
At least 2 sons. The oldest is 16 and has been adopted by another family. Seems like she had him in high school when she lived in Harrisonville, MO, near Kansas City.

Biological father of one of Cassidy Rainwater’s sons prepares for the worst

Possibly a couple others, the news articles aren't specific. I think they're trying to protect the kids.

Cassidy Rainwater case: Father of Cassidy's son shares concern

I had 2 in my head. The OP I am questioning seems to say she has at least 4 children as the man mentioned fathered "some" of her children. I was a bit surprised.

I had 2 in my head. The OP I am questioning seems to say she has at least 4 children as the man mentioned fathered "some" of her children. I was a bit surprised.

Interesting. Since LE and the news media aren't really discussing it, they're probably trying to protect the kids. It's probably best that we discuss them as little as possible, since they're victims of this terrible situation. If the children and their relationships (eg custody, Cassidy's previous partners, etc.) have some bearing on the murder of Cassidy and others, LE will let the public know. So far, they haven't, so there's probably no need to discuss them, other than to express great sadness and sympathy for their situation and hope they are being loved, supported and cared for.

ETA: I do recall articles from the time when she was missing that mentioned her being periodically homeless and someone else taking care of a child. There's just not a lot out there. Keep in mind, back then some of the info about her homeless situation may have been provided by the same people who kidnapped and killed her.

Last edited:
Interesting. Since LE and the news media aren't really discussing it, they're probably trying to protect the kids. It's probably best that we discuss them as little as possible, since they're victims of this terrible situation. If the children and their relationships (eg custody, Cassidy's previous partners, etc.) have some bearing on the murder of Cassidy and others, LE will let the public know. So far, they haven't, so there's probably no need to discuss them, other than to express great sadness and sympathy for their situation and hope they are being loved, supported and cared for.

ETA: I do recall articles from the time when she was missing that mentioned her being periodically homeless and someone else taking care of a child. There's just not a lot out there. Keep in mind, back then some of the info about her homeless situation may have been provided by the same people who kidnapped and killed her.

You're right. I've revised my question. :)

I'm crossposting this case because it seems so similar to Cassidy's. Recall the tip about the photo of Cassidy being tortured and murdered came from a tip through the Kansas City FBI.

MO - Kensie Aubry, 32, dismembered, killed during 'sex fantasy', Independence, Oct 2020 *graphic*

wow young woman and that's very sad Kensie died that way :( and yes it is super similar. vulnerable and with the WRONG people.

I read the story. The teenage girl they had molested and were originally arrested for, told them she was shown pictures of Kensie tied up etc. She cracked the case.

I am sure with enough digging that BDSM website James Phelps' had a profile on will connect more dots locally. I am convinced that site is a good start for all these local creeps.

remember what he wrote on it:

"looking for a good person to be a good servant girl to be a live in servant girl in time to live with me"

Hi new to the site getting to know it an looking - Platinum

wow young woman and that's very sad Kensie died that way :( and yes it is super similar. vulnerable and with the WRONG people.

I read the story. The teenage girl they had molested and were originally arrested for, told them she was shown pictures of Kensie tied up etc. She cracked the case.

I am sure with enough digging that BDSM website James Phelps' had a profile on will connect more dots locally. I am convinced that site is a good start for all these local creeps.

Ill have to go back to check the links, but I recall the news stories about the earlier BDSM, torture human trafficking case in Lebanon area mentioned an online group that shared and sold pay per view videos of these sick activities. I thought there was mention of some people from the KC, Mo area.

There are places on the "dark web" apparently, where this stuff takes place.

Also disturbing that in Kensie's case, her remains were also dismembered and placed in a freezer. So many similarities. JMO
remember what he wrote on it:

"looking for a good person to be a good servant girl to be a live in servant girl in time to live with me"

Hi new to the site getting to know it an looking - Platinum

did you mean to write something? just wondering l didn’t see a response…

"Abandonment of a corpse" sort of sounds like what happened to Gabby Petito. I guess Phelps could argue keeping parts in the freezer wasn't really abandoning them. Hmmm.

However, in Missouri the charge also seems to include not reporting whatever you did with the corpse. Missouri Laws 194.425 – Abandonment of a corpse without notifying authorities, penalty » LawServer
" A person commits the crime of abandonment of a corpse if that person abandons, disposes, deserts or leaves a corpse without properly reporting the location of the body to the proper law enforcement officials in that county."

It's not clear what angle Phelps' lawyer is using to argue this charge should be dropped, but the linked article says he still is also charged with first degree murder and kidnapping.
James Phelps learns in June whether charge will be dropped in Dallas County murder case

"Abandonment of a corpse" sort of sounds like what happened to Gabby Petito. I guess Phelps could argue keeping parts in the freezer wasn't really abandoning them. Hmmm.

However, in Missouri the charge also seems to include not reporting whatever you did with the corpse. Missouri Laws 194.425 – Abandonment of a corpse without notifying authorities, penalty » LawServer
" A person commits the crime of abandonment of a corpse if that person abandons, disposes, deserts or leaves a corpse without properly reporting the location of the body to the proper law enforcement officials in that county."

It's not clear what angle Phelps' lawyer is using to argue this charge should be dropped, but the linked article says he still is also charged with first degree murder and kidnapping.
James Phelps learns in June whether charge will be dropped in Dallas County murder case

As if that's the most important thing on the table - it's kinda funny.

But "Sheriff Rice said more of her remains were found scattered on a nearby property belonging to her grandfather Bill Rainwater." (link below) Maybe that's considered abandonment? Remains on another property?

1)Personally (moo) there was more than just Cassidy's body in that fridge: "investigators recovered more than 200 pieces of evidence" - look forward to that information coming to light.

2)- Someone high-up (and connected to them/crime) burned that house down.
No mention of a suspect as of today- hummmm.

Time will tell.

quotes from this link
TIMELINE: The death and disappearance of Cassidy Rainwater in Dallas County, Mo.

BUFFALO, Mo. — A preliminary hearing for one of the men accused of kidnapping and killing Cassidy Rainwater has been rescheduled.

James Phelps will have a preliminary hearing on July 14, 2022. The original date of that hearing was June 3.

In March, Phelps’ public defender Tom Jacquinot filed a motion to dismiss a charge of abandonment of a corpse. The judge was expected to hear the defense’s reasons for filing that motion at Phelps’ next hearing, so those arguments could be made during the July 14 court date.

Cassidy Rainwater death: Preliminary hearing for James Phelps rescheduled for July

BUFFALO, Mo. — A preliminary hearing for one of the men accused of kidnapping and killing Cassidy Rainwater has been rescheduled.

James Phelps will have a preliminary hearing on July 14, 2022. The original date of that hearing was June 3.

In March, Phelps’ public defender Tom Jacquinot filed a motion to dismiss a charge of abandonment of a corpse. The judge was expected to hear the defense’s reasons for filing that motion at Phelps’ next hearing, so those arguments could be made during the July 14 court date.

Cassidy Rainwater death: Preliminary hearing for James Phelps rescheduled for July

Is this normal? All the rescheduling? Anyone know?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallon