GUILTY MO - Clauddinnea 'Dee Dee' Blancharde, 48, Springfield, 10 June 2015 - #3

Yes, they were duped. I watched her interview on The View. She and her mother moved after Hurricane Katrina and her mother told doctors all of her medical records were lost.

JMO

Wow, it would take something like that to commit this type of massive fraud. No way to produce documents that aren’t available.

The medical community there was severely affected. It was chaotic and it took a long while to recover logistically on many levels. Those factors provided the best circumstances for Dee Dee’s fraudulent schemes.

Wow, it would take something like that to commit this type of massive fraud. No way to produce documents that aren’t available.

The medical community there was severely affected. It was chaotic and it took a long while to recover logistically on many levels. Those factors provided the best circumstances for Dee Dee’s fraudulent schemes.
Still doesn't justify murder...

I'm not conflicted. She could have easily stood up from her wheelchair and walked and exposed her mother years ago. She solicited this guy to commit murder for her. No sympathy from me! She's capitalizing on her fame. I refused to watch it and immediately deleted the taping from my DVR.
How could Gypsy would have done that if that woman threatened to physically harm her if she tried to escape? Gypsy also thought the police wouldn't believe her because Dee Dee told her she filed paperwork (claiming Gypsy was incompetent) with them.

So she's free. There's nothing that can be done it. She did her time, I hope Gypsy has a wonderful life. I do think Godejohn received a bs verdict

So she's free. There's nothing that can be done it. She did her time, I hope Gypsy has a wonderful life. I do think Godejohn received a bs verdict

I’m not sure how Gypsy can in good conscience have a wonderful life when the man she persuaded to kill her mother is serving an unfair sentence of LWOP. Were it not for Gypsy, Godejohn would never have murdered her mother. Yes, he’s a very disturbed person who needs intense therapy before he could be released. But it seems to me that the least she could do is in some way advocate on his behalf instead of saying she feels “nothing” for him. He bought her freedom for her!

JMO

I’m not sure how Gypsy can in good conscience have a wonderful life when the man she persuaded to kill her mother is serving an unfair sentence of LWOP. Were it not for Gypsy, Godejohn would never have murdered her mother. Yes, he’s a very disturbed person who needs intense therapy before he could be released. But it seems to me that the least she could do is in some way advocate on his behalf instead of saying she feels “nothing” for him. He bought her freedom for her!

JMO
Yes I know her response is a little strange. It could be her way of forgetting about the past and moving on imo. Hopefully with the passing of time Gypsy will realize Godejohn's sentence is unfair

I'm not conflicted. She could have easily stood up from her wheelchair and walked and exposed her mother years ago. She solicited this guy to commit murder for her. No sympathy from me! She's capitalizing on her fame. I refused to watch it and immediately deleted the taping from my DVR.
Easily stood up years ago? She was a child when her mother abused her into believing she was disabled.

Thinking about LinasK’s above post, I think it’s worth asking:

Can Gypsy Rose’s situation be compared to that of Jaycee Dugard, Elizabeth Smart, the women of Cleveland, or Shawn Hornbeck? Or can it be compared to those who have suffered spousal abuse?
The situation can be compared to other children who experienced painful--and unnecessary--medical procedures because their mentally ill mothers craved public attention. I think much of the attention Gypsy Rose has been receiving is because of the efforts of Melissa Moore, who interviewed her in prison and became friends. Moore's father is a convicted serial killer.

JMO

I found this to be an interesting read:

Thinking about LinasK’s above post, I think it’s worth asking:

Can Gypsy Rose’s situation be compared to that of Jaycee Dugard, Elizabeth Smart, the women of Cleveland, or Shawn Hornbeck? Or can it be compared to those who have suffered spousal abuse?
To me it's not the same as spousal abuse. She manipulated someone else into doing her dirty work. Nor is it the same as Jaycee , Elizabeth or Shawn. None of them resorted to murder to escape their situations.

Easily stood up years ago? She was a child when her mother abused her into believing she was disabled.
Yes, her mother claimed she had Muscular Dystrophy and that's why the child needed a wheelchair.
JMO

By the time Gypsy was 7, Dee Dee had falsely claimed her daughter suffered from numerous illnesses. One of those was muscular dystrophy, which Dee Dee said required Gypsy to use a wheelchair, even though the girl was able to walk without issue...
...Gypsy herself spent years in the dark. "Obviously I knew that I could walk and didn't need a feeding tube, but everything else was a really big confusion for me," she says, citing her epilepsy diagnosis: "Whenever I'd question it my mother would say I'd had a seizure the night before and didn't remember. There was always an excuse."

Yeah, that's my problem with this case. Many don't get the psychological issues going on here. JMO.
BBM. So true!
In one of her interviews, GR said she wasn't considered sufficiently mentally disturbed to receive help from a prison therapist. But she is seeing a therapist now.

There was I case I heard about years ago when a mother (unknown for years to have Munchausen by proxy) was sent to prison for child abuse after nurses saw her give the hospitalized child additional medication. Prior to that, mother and child were touted by First Lady Hillary Clinton and others as examples of why health care systems needed to change because the family had lost its insurance coverage. To this day her now adult daughter says she wasn't abused.

JMO

Yeah, that's my problem with this case. Many don't get the psychological issues going on here. JMO.
Quite possibly more issues than most child abuse cases we read about here. There is no way she could have "easily" stood up and called off the entire insanity. She was a child being manipulated by her sick, evil mother. The way she finally did respond to that evil, was equally the result of what her mother did to her.

However she's conducting herself now, as a legal, free adult, is a completely different story than the abused child she was.

jmo

She knew that she could walk. All she had to do when they were interviewed in public was to stand up and get out of the wheelchair and the charade was exposed.
Well if it were that simple, I guess all child victims of abuse and assault should just take your advice, stand up and tell the world what's really going on. Good idea. :rolleyes:

It feels like posters here feel like DeeDee's murder was Justifiable Homicide. To me two wrongs don't equal a right. I just can't see it that way.

I don’t know that I think DeeDee’s murder was justifiable either, in a legal sense.

This may have already been discussed, but, for example, if a woman who was viciously abused by a domestic partner hired someone to kill her abuser, would that be considered justifiable?

GRB was twisted from a young age, and her actions show it. She learned how to manipulate people from a true master—her own mother. IMO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
B_Hazey
Back