MO MO - Decades old remains of teen or young adult found near the Missouri River in Miami in April 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

MadMcGoo

Staff member
Reaction score
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) UP92925

Date Body Found:
April 29, 2022
Location Found: Miami, Saline County, Missouri
Sex: Unsure
Race / Ethnicity: Uncertain
Estimated Age Group: Late Teen/Young Adult
Estimated Age Range (Years): 17-32
Estimated Year of Death: 1975-1985
Estimated PMI: 40 Years
Height/Weight: Cannot Estimate
Hair/Eye Color: Unknown

Inventory of Remains: Torso not recovered, One or more limbs not recovered, One or both hands not recovered.

Circumstances of Recovery: Found by a hunter near the Missouri River, just south of the confluence with the Grand River. Was near a levee, which was breached in 2020.

Investigating Agency: Saline County Coroner’s Office (660) 886-5511
ME/C Case Number: 22-00254

0 Missing Person Exclusions

I mentioned these remains on Tammie’s thread, she disappeared in 1984 about 90 miles away. The Missouri River connects the two cities but that’s the extent of my knowledge on the subject. :D

I mentioned these remains on Tammie’s thread, she disappeared in 1984 about 90 miles away. The Missouri River connects the two cities but that’s the extent of my knowledge on the subject. :D

We are on the case. Working with SEMO Anthropology:

Crowdfunding now to fund the casework. Updates to come.
Great to hear! Best of luck.

Help us fund this case and share the case with others! We are giving away free Othram pins to folks that contribute $25 or more to this case so we can get it to the finish line!

I wonder where her remains apparently where all that time..washed up from a shallow grave somewhere? Could she possibly be a drowning victim whose remains never turned up back in the day? That happened in the case of the vast majority of remains found in Lake Mead in Nevada last year, although in that case it was drought, not flooding that turned up the remains of known drowning victims whose bodies were never recovered.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back