MO MO - Diana Braungardt, 18, Crystal City, 11 March 1987

I grew up near the Jefferson County/Ste. Genevieve County border. This happened before I was born, but I am interested in the case because of the location in which it occurred. I asked my mom if she remembered this happening and she has a story of detectives visiting my parents home. My parents live right off of I-55 and there was a report of a woman on one of the bluffs along the highway the same night Diana went missing. I am not sure how to research this sighting/police activity, but I thought it was an interesting bit of information I haven't heard before.
Plz, can you clarify what you mean by "on a bluff"? Like are we talking a bluffs that are directly over the Mississippi River or the rock bluffs off of 55...? I apologize. I'm just confused

I grew up near the Jefferson County/Ste. Genevieve County border. This happened before I was born, but I am interested in the case because of the location in which it occurred. I asked my mom if she remembered this happening and she has a story of detectives visiting my parents home. My parents live right off of I-55 and there was a report of a woman on one of the bluffs along the highway the same night Diana went missing. I am not sure how to research this sighting/police activity, but I thought it was an interesting bit of information I haven't heard before.
Plz, can you clarify what you mean by "on a bluff"? Like are we talking a bluffs that are directly over the Mississippi River or the rock bluffs off of 55...? I apologize. I'm just confused

What if somebody purposely disabled her car and then showed up as a "knight in shining armor" ...
It would be an easy way to lure one into a car but where she lived in reference to venture wasnt outside the realm of walking.

I’m fascinated by this case since I’m from Missouri I’ve tried to search and search for more information but it seems all to a dead end. The Charley project mention Jesse Rush who killed Trudy Darby in 1991 but i find that odd because Rush would of only been ten or eleven years old at the time that doesn’t mean he wasn’t capable of doing that considering he helped kill Trudy Darby at only 15 years old but i don’t think it’s him or Marvin Chaney and i don’t think either of them took Angela Hammond either. I know unsolved mysteries did a segment in season 2 on Diana abduction but when i went to watch the episode the other day it was excluded from the episode and every season. I messaged the unsolved mysteries Facebook page today to see if there anyway to watch the clip about her disappearance and if they did a re-enactment of it. I think Diana Disappearance could be related to Angela Hammond since they look similar i also wonder if they ever questioned Angie Housman killer about this case?

Apologies if this has been discussed in the past but Diana's case is similar to Angela Hammond's. They resembled each other, they were close in age, they disappeared within a 5 year time span of one another, and both were abducted from parking lots late at night. Festus, MO is only four hours from Clinton, MO- not terribly far if the suspect was operating in Missouri during those years. It could have easily been an opportunist trolling in smaller towns off the highway.

In contrast, assuming eye witness accounts of Diana's case and Angela's description to her boyfriend were accurate, the possible suspects from each case look nothing alike.

Yes, about 4 hours driving -- but very, very different types of communities. Possibly more differences in the 1980's before the Internet.

jmho ymmv lrr

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆