GUILTY MO - Donnie, 64, Sharon, 61, & Taron Luetjen, 15, slain, Camp Cole, 7 June 2009

Can't say much or will hurt the investigation....

Thanking the media....

Well I'm sure we would have heard more if the anchors would have shut up. :rolleyes:
LOL I agree that anchors should keep their traps shut during pressers! It is like they feel what they are saying is somehow more important for some reason. :waitasec:

The Missouri State Highway Patrol says Robert Blerton has been arrested in the slayings of three central Missouri residents earlier this month.

http://www.kmbc.com/news/19879343/detail.html

Investigators announced Saturday that Robert Blerton had been arrested in Iola, Kan. Troopers said there were efforts underway to bring him back to Missouri.

Mr. Robert/Robbie Blurton is the suspect.

I'm sure it won't take long before we find out who these other people are. Now that they have some good evidence on this first guy, he might give them up for a deal.

I don't think he deserves one, but I'd rather not have other murderers/robbers running loose.
Yes. It would be great if he gives it all up and then LE says, "Psych!". ;)

Iola, kansas kinda sounds like iowa, canada! Maybe I'm not nuts hahahah

Authorities in Cole Camp have arrested 45-year-old Robert B. Blurton in connection with a triple homicide. The Highway Patrol says he's the nephew of Sharon and Donnie Lutjen. . .
Investigators have DNA evidence and a 911 tape they're using as they continue to work the case.
http://ozarksfirst.com/content/fulltext/?cid=162512

Sorry if this was said earlier but who made the 911 call?

Sorry if this was said earlier but who made the 911 call?

Strange about the 911 call. It has been consistently reported that the 911 call was made the Tuesday after the murders by someone who was concerned about the home's occupants' welfare.
Is that the 911 call they used as a clue? If there was a 911 call the night of the murders, then why didn't LE go out there. I wonder if Blurton/Blerton himself made the call when it looked like it was taking a while to find the bodies.

Strange about the 911 call. It has been consistently reported that the 911 call was made the Tuesday after the murders by someone who was concerned about the home's occupants' welfare.
Is that the 911 call they used as a clue? If there was a 911 call the night of the murders, then why didn't LE go out there. I wonder if Blurton/Blerton himself made the call when it looked like it was taking a while to find the bodies.

Well, that would have been dumb of him :waitasec: Very interesting...

But I don't know how a 911 call from someone else, simply worried about the occupants, would have helped. Unless maybe they heard something or saw a car at the home earlier around the time of the murder and just mentioned it. Still, seems unlikely... If they heard something, they probably would have called immediately.

Maybe it was a relative who had not heard from the family in a few days, but noticed that the nephew had been acting strange or they found one of the stolen items (that they would have recognized from the aunt/uncles home) or had seen blood or something on his clothes. They might have mentioned something like that to a 911 dispatcher.

From the link above:

"A source says that Betty Blurton, Sharon Luetjens sister and the mother of Robbie Blurton, asked her sister shortly before her death to look after Robbie when he got of jail. The Luetjens helped Robbie Blurton, "get a vehicle and a place to live," according to the source."

Gosh, I bet it was Robbie's Mother, Betty - the sister of Sharon who listened to her own son telling her sister "....sit down, put her arms behind her and at least two threats to shoot her and the other two victims."

How horrible!

I still don't understand why, if a 911 call was placed from the residence during the murder, didn't LE go out to the house that night??:waitasec:

And didn't the 911 operator hear what was being said?

From the link above:

"A source says that Betty Blurton, Sharon Luetjens sister and the mother of Robbie Blurton, asked her sister shortly before her death to look after Robbie when he got of jail. The Luetjens helped Robbie Blurton, "get a vehicle and a place to live," according to the source."

Gosh, I bet it was Robbie's Mother, Betty - the sister of Sharon who listened to her own son telling her sister "....sit down, put her arms behind her and at least two threats to shoot her and the other two victims."

How horrible!

The quote in your post omitted some language. Here is the entire sentence:

"A source says that Betty Blurton, Sharon Luetjens sister and the mother of Robbie Blurton, asked her sister shortly before her death several years ago to look after Robbie when he got of jail. "

It sounds like Betty Blurton passed away several years ago. So it was someone else who identified Robbie's voice.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MomTuTu
Back