MO MO - Earl Joggerst, 15, Arnold, 4 Aug 1972

Discussion in '1970's Missing' started by Coffee56, Oct 17, 2018.

1. Betty P

Betty P Well-Known Member

It would also help to know when she was found and returned and whether someone searched and found her in CA or she called or wrote home asking for help. Most definitely, a timeline would be helpful. The most direct route to CA from eastern MO would be via I-44, which was not far from the South County SC and Arnold. It would take them through OK, TX, NM, AZ ending in the Los Angeles area. If that was the overall route, they could have stopped anywhere along the way with Jay disappearing. Assume that's why LE compared his DNA with the unidentified Corll victims.

Yes, a little info would be helpful. It's possible Jay changed his name, adopted a different lifestyle and is still living. LE seems to believe he met with foul play though. JMO

2. doublestop

doublestop Well-Known Member

I wonder how they know that the acquaintance was 30 years old but don't know his name. I can't find a death record for Geraldine--does anyone know when/where she died?

Betty P likes this.
  3. namstache

namstache Active Member

They know his name. We just don't know it. I guarantee from personal experience that in every one of these cases, there is so much more information than what is revealed to the public.

Betty P likes this.
  4. Betty P

Wonder why they don't offer more details that would help find him? Is it implied the 30 yo man wasn't involved in Jay's disappearance or in any foul play? Knowingly taking two minors across state lines in itself is problematic. He should have been arrested for that, at minimum.

5. Terrib11

Terrib11 Member

Hi! I do believe I'm Betty P's sibling :) I went through grade school with Jay and remember him as always preferring to hang out with the girls and he even had his own Barbie dolls. We left that school in the middle of my 6th grade year and I don't recall seeing him after that but have thought of him throughout the years and wondered how things turned out for him. While it wasn't talked about in that day and age, I've never had much of a doubt that he was probably gay and it makes me wonder if that didn't play a part in his disappearance. He was a sweet kid but in the 60's he would have been a target for a rough time from guys. It makes me sad that he has never been found.

ohthatkatgirl and Betty P like this.
  6. Betty P

Thanks, Terri! I was just thinking about him again the other day. I wonder if anyone else from Arnold might know more of the story. Any little clue could help narrow the possibilities.