MO MO - Echo Michelle Lloyd, 47, no bank & cellphone activity, Edwards, Benton Co, 10 May 2020

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by GuyfromCanada, Jul 9, 2020.

1. GuyfromCanada

GuyfromCanada Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Benton County MO Sheriff's Office

BENTON COUNTY, Mo. — A young woman in Central Missouri is desperately searching for her mother.

The Benton County sheriff said 48-year-old Echo Lloyd was last seen in early May. Both her daughter and the sheriff said they need to bring Echo home.

It’s been nearly 55 days since anyone has seen Echo Lloyd. Her daughter, Kelsey Smith, said she misses her every day.

More at Family, community desperately searching for Missouri mom missing for nearly two months | FOX 4 Kansas City WDAF-TV | News, Weather, Sports

2. LadyL

LadyL Well-Known Member

very strange that her car was not taken, or billfold
    makes me think she was abducted and if she was living in the country with no neighbours, it could've happened with no witnesses
    hopefully there's surveillance video available but I think unlikely

Choochoobella, susiQ, Rolo and 14 others like this.
  3. Laughing

Laughing Well-Known Member

Court records indicate some family issues, early in 2019.

Indicates that Ms. Lloyd hadn't lived there very long? Very rural area, too.

4. BlkMtnGirl

BlkMtnGirl Well-Known Member

After digging deep, it looks like those issues appear to have been resolved. IMO.

With only her cellphone missing, it sounds like Echo may have been out for a walk. I wonder if that’s something she does.

Choochoobella, susiQ, Rolo and 14 others like this.
  5. Darling136

Darling136 Forum Coordinator Staff Member Forum Coordinators

6. BlkMtnGirl

BlkMtnGirl Well-Known Member

From her daughter’s video, Echo’s pistol was found outside, while her purse was inside, and yet LE would not allow a dog search because there is no crime scene. That’s weird, right?

7. kelsie

kelsie Missing Persons Advocate, Writer, and Researcher

To anyone checking this thread, I definitely recommend watching the video posted at the Bring Echo Home FB page. And @BlkMtnGirl that's definitely weird. What I gathered is that the dogs were called off because the sheriff's dept deemed it "unlikely" she's on the property.

8. KDM92

KDM92 Well-Known Member

9. Laughing

Laughing Well-Known Member

Wait what???

Maybe enough public outcry will bring in a different investigative unit, perhaps the Highway Patrol or FBI will take the lead?

10. webst1916

webst1916 Active Member

It bothers me that there is so little information on this case. From what I’ve gathered, Echo went roughly missing around Mothers Day time in May. Her daughter that she is close with and also who made the Bring Echo FB page stated she had tried to call her for days and multiple times before going to her house and filing a missing person case. Apparently all belongings Echo would need to leave the house were still at her home — car, keys, purse, ID, cash, cards, etc. In the video on the Bring Echo Home page, her daughter mentions that her mother’s pistol was outside. So this kind of insinuates that someone threatening may have visited and either forced or coerced her into the vehicle, leaving her gun behind. Her phone was not found, so it’s assumed it was with her at the time of her disappearance.

I noticed that right after Benton County posted on their FB page that Echo was missing and her info that one guy stated he saw a woman walking on BB who was very similar to her picture. Hwy BB not being far from Edwards, MO.

So I would count out that she could’ve went for a walk and something went down, she maybe was abducted by a stranger — maybe. But with someone coming out to her home and that obviously being where she disappeared, I think it makes a lot of sense whoever took her knew her. There was some personal relationship there. I wonder if police have subpoenaed phone records or if they know if she was dating or had a boyfriend. Just whoever talked with her or was close to her during the time she disappeared.

I feel for the family. I think start digging into those who are close contacts and since she mostly likely was taken from her home then the likelihood of anyone seeing her is small. I hope they get this solved.

11. Lori Cooper

Lori Cooper Well-Known Member

The video her daughter made, was heartbreaking. I hadn't heard about this case until today and I live in Missouri!

Choochoobella, susiQ, Rolo and 16 others like this.
  12. LietKynes

LietKynes "Law is the ultimate science."- Liet Kynes

Sounds like she went outside to confront someone nd had her gun with her ?
    And maybe not a random stranger as why wouldn't you call LE in that case ?

Poor lady, I hope she's found. :(
    I remember the Ohio girls and how long they were missing.

What an unusual and pretty name !

13. Coffiecat

Coffiecat Well-Known Member

Different, but not completely, from Ada in MI.

Knox, mom2chloe, Flicka1 and 6 others like this.
  14. Allynator

Allynator Well-Known Member

This is very upsetting. Any news on this case?

15. webst1916

webst1916 Active Member

I’m not sure of any new leads or information. I think law enforcement are keeping things more under wraps for investigative purposes.

Rolo, Flicka1, Marg from Oz and 6 others like this.
  16. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

“MISSING WITHOUT A TRACE:” Family looking for answers in Benton County woman’s disappearance
    snipped
    MISSING WITHOUT A TRACE:” Family looking for answers in Benton County woman’s disappearance
    “We feel as the family, there is definitely foul play involved.”

By Andrew Havranek
    Published: Jul. 10, 2020 at 6:44 PM EDT
    BUTLER, Mo. (KY3) - It’s been a hard two months for Mary Dubray and her family.

”It’s been devastating,” Dubray said.

Dubray’s cousin, Echo Lloyd, has been missing since Mother’s Day, May 10. She was last seen at the Dollar General in Climax Springs.

”That is the last time we believe she was seen or heard from,” Dubray noted.
    --- more at link-----
    latest news I could find.

17. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

I'm guessing no ring doorbells around either?

Choochoobella, susiQ, Flicka1 and 9 others like this.
  18. swedeheart

swedeheart Well-Known Member

starts at about 5:00.

19. kelsie

kelsie Missing Persons Advocate, Writer, and Researcher

Echo Lloyd missing: Missouri mom last seen on Mother's Day

GarAndTeed, Laughing, susiQ and 10 others like this.
  20. cass523

cass523 Well-Known Member

Interview with Kelsey Smith the Daughter of Echo Lloyd followed by an interview with Tim Miller (Texas Equusearch) about this case Vanessa Guillen

Tim Miller may help with finding Echo

Last edited: Jul 16, 2020