MO MO - Echo Michelle Lloyd, 47, no bank & cellphone activity, Edwards, Benton Co, 10 May 2020

There was some good information in this interview.
[Respectfully snipped by me]

Thanks, Betty P. Yes, this interview with Kelsey Smith, Echo's daughter, by a former law enforcement officer who hosts the YouTube channel, is chock full of pertinent information. One important thing that Kelsey corroborated is that the gun (a .38 caliber revolver) was found outside Echo's home. That is at minute mark [15:30] in this Dec. 1, 2020 YouTube video [The Missing "Echo Michelle Lloyd, Her Daughter - Live."] The name of the youtube channel is "The Missing." A retired law enforcement officer is the host.

Last edited:
[Respectfully snipped by me]

Thanks, Betty P. Yes, this interview with Kelsey Smith, Echo's daughter, by a former law enforcement officer who hosts the YouTube channel, is chock full of pertinent information. One important thing that Kelsey corroborated is that the gun (a .38 caliber revolver) was found outside Echo's home. That is at minute mark [15:30] in this Dec. 1, 2020 YouTube video [The Missing "Echo Michelle Lloyd, Her Daughter - Live."] The name of the youtube channel is "The Missing." A retired law enforcement officer is the host.

I was impressed with his show. He seemed a little laid back but he really knows how to ask all the right questions and get information about a crime.

I didn't remember anything about Echo being locked in her bedroom by the controlling neighbor and having to climb out a window to leave, without being detected by the controlling neighbor, so that she could go to Kelsey's home. I do remember an interview where Kelsey said that Echo waited for a "window" of opportunity (a time when the controlling neighbor was not at home, apparently) to be able to leave without him seeing her do it.

Yes. The controlling neighbor was a constant, in my opinion, going in and out of Echo's home whenever he chose. He even had a key to her home. Why that was allowed by Echo is unknown at this time. Could have been that she gave him the key in case she got locked out. He was able to gain her trust, IMO. Probably good at manipulating her.

But Kelsey has said that he had financial access to her personal accounts, and other things that he could control. There was a reason why he was given carte blanche access by Echo. I hope LE is thoroughly investigating, and I think that they are. Maybe an arrest will come soon, even if it is on an unrelated issue, just to put the likely suspect into custody. Right now, they may be following closely and observing.

(All of this is speculation and opinion on my part.)
I find this information disturbing.

The neighbor needs to be ran through the mill.

Another possibility is that someone else was staying there, controlling Echo's activities, her home, her car, per her daughter's reports. In one of the interviews about Echo's disappearance, linked here, her daughter mentions her mom visiting her to tell her about the controlling neighbor and brainstorming ways to take back her home and car.
This make my stomach hurt.

The controlling neighbor is the key to this whole case, imo. Didn't Kelsey say she went over there and talked with someone? Not the guy, but a female? People speculated it was his wife? Have the police talked to her (if she exists)? If he's controlling Echo, was he controlling her as well? My guess would be yes. I don't know if she would have acted this way if fed up, but I can see Echo coming home and going to bed. Neighbor comes banging on the door or just enters with the key. She hears it and gets out of bed, grabbing the gun because she has had enough. He comes in and either overpowers her there or gets her to leave and makes her drop the gun on the way off the property -- or out to a more secluded part of the property. I wonder also if she could be captive in his house?

The controlling neighbor is the key to this whole case, imo. Didn't Kelsey say she went over there and talked with someone? Not the guy, but a female? People speculated it was his wife? Have the police talked to her (if she exists)? If he's controlling Echo, was he controlling her as well? My guess would be yes. I don't know if she would have acted this way if fed up, but I can see Echo coming home and going to bed. Neighbor comes banging on the door or just enters with the key. She hears it and gets out of bed, grabbing the gun because she has had enough. He comes in and either overpowers her there or gets her to leave and makes her drop the gun on the way off the property -- or out to a more secluded part of the property. I wonder also if she could be captive in his house?

IIRC, from the interview linked above "The Missing", LE did question the neighbor and I think searched his home. I'm not aware of a wife of the neighbor or whether, if she exists is involved in any way.

Good post, HesterMofet. Had to chime in here. I listened to YouTube video channel "The Missing Live Stream" (Echo Lloyd) [Dec. 1, 2020] interview with Kelsey Smith. At [28:08] she says, when asked, that "the controlling neighbor" is not married. She spoke directly to him.

Here is a link to the video:

Last edited:
I noticed when she first went missing a sex offender worked nearby, and was absconded, I believe, at the time. It listed his work address as being less than a quarter mile from Echo’s, which is close for a rural community. Now, when I look it up, he’s been arrested in Benton County for violation of a protective order (same sex), also from Benton County this year. I hope they search that property. Which is no longer on the sex offender website. His family members show up as living there, so I hope they give permission.

I noticed when she first went missing a sex offender worked nearby, and was absconded, I believe, at the time. It listed his work address as being less than a quarter mile from Echo’s, which is close for a rural community. Now, when I look it up, he’s been arrested in Benton County for violation of a protective order (same sex), also from Benton County this year. I hope they search that property. Which is no longer on the sex offender website. His family members show up as living there, so I hope they give permission.
Oh wow! Did you tell the family or cops about this?

Having a discussion with a fellow WSer via PM and they brought up this -
On Tricia's podcast interview with Kelsey, she had said that Echo found out that the neighbor was stealing her meds!! SO, Echo had stopped eating or drinking anything that he was trying to offer her... This puts a very sad theory in my head :(

Having a discussion with a fellow WSer via PM and they brought up this -
On Tricia's podcast interview with Kelsey, she had said that Echo found out that the neighbor was stealing her meds!! SO, Echo had stopped eating or drinking anything that he was trying to offer her... This puts a very sad theory in my head :(

It seems ''the keeping her under their control'' was going south. So they turned towards ever more desperate measures. Truly sad indeed.

Just hearing about this as well. I hope more MSM will cover this.
I feel like we are missing something in the story.
Kelsey said this neighbor was more like a Buddy/Friend..so how did he get so much control over her life?
His involvement in her life is a little confusing.
This is heartbreaking. I hope Investigators have some leads.

Does anyone else find it odd that even though the phones went directly to voice message that Kelsey didn't go back to her mother's house until Friday?

Not really. She had just had a new baby and has another young child, as well. Her mom was very independent, lived alone and was used to doing what she wanted, when she wanted, without having to check in with anyone. I think Kelsey said that oftentimes she (Kelsey) was the one to check up on her Mom -- not the other way around necessarily. I think Kelsey was used to that. I think Kelsey was too busy with her own life to keep close tabs on her mom. She knew her mother was accounted for as of Mother's Day (May 10), and she finally had a chance to go to her Mom's house on Friday (May 15). But, by that time, I think she was in full panic mode, realizing that she hadn't heard from her mom in some five days.

From the Lordanarts video:
The neighbor didn't leave even when he was told to. Kelsey thinks he took advantage of Echo's good nature. Kelsey sat him down and discussed boundaries with him. He'd come in unannounced without knocking. John says,
Kelsey said two weeks before Echo disappeared, she came to Kelsey and said he had taken over the house, car, keys, and money. Echo told Kelsey she was going to "take [her] home back". Echo said the relationship between her and the neighbor was completely platonic. Kelsey felt the neighbor had feelings for Echo. Kelsey said, "I think it's a 'want what I can't have' situation... I think she told him it was finally time for him to go, and he couldn't handle that."

Does anyone else find it odd that even though the phones went directly to voice message that Kelsey didn't go back to her mother's house until Friday?

As Kelsey pointed out in her interviews, she had a new baby and was busy taking care of it. I think the baby was 1 or 2 months old. She was still concerned and got over there as soon as she could get away.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back