MO MO - Echo Michelle Lloyd, 47, no bank & cellphone activity, Edwards, Benton Co, 10 May 2020

I was just thinking of Echo and her family the other day. It's beyond sad that her suspicious disappearance is just forgotten by LE. It's also sad such a thing can happen in this country, where we assume every suspicious disappearance/possible murder will be fully investigated.

DEC 5, 2022

Echo Lloyd

echo_lloyd.jpg

When Kelsey Smith went to see her mother, Echo Lloyd, for Mother’s Day in 2020, the 47-year-old was nowhere to be found. Kelsey said she last spoke to her mother on the evening of May 9, 2020, the day before Mother’s Day. The next day, May 10, she drove to her house in Edwards, Missouri to deliver a Mother’s Day card and flowers, but her mother didn’t appear to be home. So she left the card and flowers on the porch, with a note asking her to call. She never did. On Monday, Kelsey tried calling her mother on both her cell and house phones. Kelsey said she continued calling every morning of every day that week, but the calls went straight to voicemail. On Friday, May 15, Kelsey drove back over to her mother’s house. But this time, her mother’s locked car was in the driveway. So she broke into the house and found her mother’s purse with her wallet, ID and cash inside the house. According to Missouri State Highway Patrol’s Missing Persons Clearinghouse Troop A Public Information Officer Sergeant Bill Lowe, authorities located Echo's gun in the woods and they now also have her cell phone in their possession. Her keys remain missing. There have been no recent developments in Echo’s case, but authorities released information that she was sighted at a home on Stag Drive in Edwards on May 14, 2020. Sergeant Lowe confirmed that the case is still open and active. Echo is 5’4”, weighs between 100 and 110 lbs., and has brown hair and eyes. She has a “Let it Be” tattoo with birds on her forearm. She also has the names of her four children, Kelsey, Kace, Kaitlyn, and Kylie tattooed on her wrist. If you have any information on Echo’s whereabouts, please contact the Missouri State Highway Patrol’s Missing Persons Clearinghouse at (573) 526-6178 or the Benton County Sheriff’s Office at (660) 438-6135.

There are several posts by her daughter in FB. I know there are some intelligent people on this site and I pray that we put our heads together and find this woman’s daughter some closer. I have followed this case, as I live near the area where she went missing. I can’t imagine not knowing where your momma is. Thank you in advance to anyone looking or researching this case.

There are several posts by her daughter in FB. I know there are some intelligent people on this site and I pray that we put our heads together and find this woman’s daughter some closer. I have followed this case, as I live near the area where she went missing. I can’t imagine not knowing where your momma is. Thank you in advance to anyone looking or researching this case.
I agree I have been following this for a while and it seems that someone knows something. My heart goes out to this women's daughter. I have listened to her on a couple of podcast and I live in
Missouri. I too could not imagine not knowing. This is very sad. I am also new to the website but I watch a lot of true crime. Im willing to put my head together and try to help.

I agree I have been following this for a while and it seems that someone knows something. My heart goes out to this women's daughter. I have listened to her on a couple of podcast and I live in
Missouri. I too could not imagine not knowing. This is very sad. I am also new to the website but I watch a lot of true crime. Im willing to put my head together and try to help.

For those of you who live in the area, do you feel LE, etc. searched enough places to find her? Would it help to do more searching? Any other investigation they should have done or could still do?

No one should be allowed to get away with murder, JMO.

For those of you who live in the area, do you feel LE, etc. searched enough places to find her? Would it help to do more searching? Any other investigation they should have done or could still do?

No one should be allowed to get away with murder, JMO.
I think it would be a good idea to do more searches . When I watch this girls posts on Facebook my heart goes out to her she is so strong and so brave but it seems that LE has tied her hands. I live about 45 mins from where they are from and for me being a single women about her age it truly frightens me that a person or persons responsible are still out there. I watch a lot of true crime and I know to be cautious but it is still very scary.

I think it would be a good idea to do more searches . When I watch this girls posts on Facebook my heart goes out to her she is so strong and so brave but it seems that LE has tied her hands. I live about 45 mins from where they are from and for me being a single women about her age it truly frightens me that a person or persons responsible are still out there. I watch a lot of true crime and I know to be cautious but it is still very scary.

It seems it's become very dangerous for a single woman to live out in the rural areas in Missouri. There's so much crime happening, so many dangerous people drifting around. So little economic support, farming, etc. No jobs, etc. I don't know how it came to that, but I hope it can all be cleaned up.

i actually know people who know echo and kelsey and people who searched for echo, and you summed it up. k is so strong and brave (if you think every police department is good, skip this spoiler) , and the cops have done literally next to nothing and that's not my opinion, that's fact, told by kelsey on public lives linked on this thread. they could've solved this case within a week if they would've investigated it. they dropped the ball HARD and left kelsey to suffer and struggle to find her mother. there's a pretty solid idea of what happened and by who, but Benton MO PD didn't investigate and after Kelsey bugged them for a year or two, they shoved it off to the highway patrol, who also doesn't wanna so much as return calls or even establish contact with the family apparently.

clerk at the dollar general said echo was there and appeared to be scared, and she saw a man in the car when it was idling outside as echo checked out with her purchase. i'll let you guess who the man is. also, the cops didn't talk to the clerk who saw echo that day - they stopped by and talked to her boss one time and the boss wasn't at the store that day she went missing. i'm sure they gained so much evidentiary value from that... /s

THERE ARE BLACK BEARS AND COUGARS THAT WONDER THRU, AT VERY LEAST, OCCASIONALLY. NOT TO MENTION COYOTES, A LOT OF RATTLE SNAKES AND COPPERHEADS, BOBCATS, VERY LARGE WILD AND DOMESTICATED DOGS. IF SHE TOOK OFF WITHOUT AN ATV, CAR OR WEAPON AND COULDNT GET A CELL SIGNAL....HATE TO SAY ANY ONE OF THESE SCENARIOS IS POSSIBLE.

Aug 15, 2022

Echo Lloyd Disappearance

Name: Echo Michelle Lloyd

Case Information​

47-year-old Echo Lloyd was last seen in Edwards, Missouri on May 10, 2020. She disappeared from her rural lake home on Mother’s Day.

Background​

Echo Michelle Lloyd was born on May 23, 1972, in Harrisonville, Missouri. She has four children and three grandchildren. Lloyd graduated from Pleasant Hill High School and was a lifelong resident of Pleasant Hill, Missouri.

In early fall 2019, Lloyd moved to the rural community of Edwards, Missouri, about sixty miles away, after amicably separating from her ex-husband.

At the time of her disappearance, Lloyd was living alone in a house on a 10-acre property near a lake in Edwards, Missouri. She spent her time renovating the house and working on various home projects.

Disappearance​

On the evening of May 9, 2020, the day before Mother’s Day, Echo Lloyd spoke on the phone with her adult daughter, Kelsey Smith.

At 3:00 pm on May 10, 2020, Kelsey stopped by her mother’s house in Edwards, Missouri to wish her a happy Mother’s Day. However, no one answered the door and Echo’s car was not in the driveway.

Kelsey left flowers and a Mother’s Day card on the back porch with a note asking her mother to call her. For the next five days Kelsey attempted to contact her mother but all calls went straight to voicemail.

On May 15, 2020, Kelsey grew concerned and went back over to her mother’s house around 10:30 am. This time around, her locked car was parked in the driveway.

Upon knocking on the door and receiving no response, Kelsey broke in through a window, but Echo Lloyd was nowhere to be seen. Echo Michelle Lloyd has never been heard from again.

Kelsey Smith filed a missing persons report with the Benton County Sheriff’s office when she was unable to find her mother.

Investigation​

Echo’s cigarettes and lighter were found on a nightstand in her bedroom. Her purse and wallet containing her ID and some cash was found on the floor. However, her car keys, pistol, cellular phone and medications disappeared with her.

According to her daughter, the house was found in a state of disarray with a pile of trash and moldy food lying about. Echo had Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder and was known to keep her house neat. The air conditioner was also on full blast.

On May 10, 2020, Echo was reportedly spotted by multiple people at a Dollar General store in Warsaw, Missouri. Furthermore, a Walmart receipt dated to May 10 with her signature on the bottom was also found in the house.

Authorities believe Echo returned home on the 10th after her daughter left the flowers on the back porch and parked her car in the driveway.

Her phone record, bank account, and social media have had no activity since her disappearance. Echo disappeared with her medication, which she was taking for unspecified reasons, but hasn’t refilled her prescriptions since.

According to her family, Echo had previously complained about her neighbor’s possessive behavior and was not sure how to approach him about that. The man, whose name has not been released publicly, denied any involvement in her disappearance.

Whereabouts​

Foul play is suspected in Echo Lloyd’s disappearance. A $7,000 reward is being offered for any information about Echo Lloyd’s whereabouts.

The circumstances of Echo Lloyd’s disappearance remain unclear and her case is currently classified as missing. Her case remains unsolved.

Appearance​

Echo Lloyd Unsolved Missing Person

Physical Description:
White female born on May 23, 1972. Echo has brown hair, brown eyes, stands 5’4 tall and weighs 100 – 110 pounds.

Distinctive Physical Features:
Echo has the following tattoos: “Let it be” and birds on her right forearm; the names of her four children: Kelsie, Kace, Kaitlyn and Kylie on her right wrist, a blue survivor ribbon on her wrist, a rose on her ankle, and a butterfly on the right side of her chest

May 20, 2022

https://img.particlenews.com/image.php?url=05LTum_0fhGaUPX00

Echo Michelle LloydFacebook
On May 10, 2020, Echo Lloyd's daughter, Kelsey, dropped by to wish her a happy Mother’s Day with a card and a pot of flowers. According to Bring Echo Home, Kelsey knocked on the door but there was no answer and the 47-year-old’s car wasn’t in the driveway.

After separating from Kelsey’s stepfather, Echo moved to rural Edwards, Missouri, 16 miles from town and with a population of less than 2,500. She owned a 10-acre property and her closest neighbor lived down the street. He’ll play a big part in this case.

For the next five days, Kelsey continued to call Echo but it went straight to voicemail. Concerned, she returned on May 15th and this time, her mother’s car was there. After banging on the door and receiving no response, Kelsey broke in through a window. According to Vanished podcast, she found her mother’s purse on the nightstand along with a brand of cigarettes that she usually doesn’t smoke.

Echo was known to be a neat freak and yet her home was in a state of disarray. There was mouldy food lying about and the air conditioner was on full blast. Her prescription medication, cellphone and keys were missing. She was also missing a pistol.

It was at this point that Kelsey reported her mother missing.

Shortly after moving to Edwards, Missouri, Echo befriended her neighbor. The pair became close but she insisted that their relationship was platonic. Three weeks prior to her disappearance, Echo showed up at Kelsey’s doorstep claiming that he had completely taken over her life.

Echo told Kelsey that he had asked to borrow her cellphone but refused to return it or let her use it to contact her children. She claimed that he had even taken control of her finances. Echo told her daughter that she was going to “take back her home” and Kelsey suggested that she take her pistol along, just in case. It was later found dumped in the woods on Echo’s property.

https://img.particlenews.com/image.php?url=4fVbyT_0fhGaUPX00

Echo Michelle LloydBring Echo Home

Did Echo try to end her friendship with her neighbor before she vanished without a trace?

On The Vanished podcast, Kelsey claimed that while walking to her car, she spotted Echo's phone on the ground near her tire. As she bent over to pick it up, Echo's neighbor allegedly raced over and snatched it out of her hand, claiming that she had given it to him.

Kelsey said that when she confronted the neighbor, he denied any knowledge of Echo's whereabouts, and insisted he hadn’t seen her for days. Before officers could arrive, he vanished.

While friends and family were out searching for Echo, her neighbor was nowhere to be found, despite the fact that he claimed they were close friends. He later told the police he was taking a nap.

The neighbor lived with his grandfather. Two weeks after Echo disappeared, the man was found deceased in the basement. He reportedly died of a broken back. Disturbingly, Echo’s missing prescription medication and keys were also found in the basement.

Despite this development, Kelsey told The Vanished podcast that the police have been little to no help. They haven’t obtained a search warrant for the home of Echo’s neighbor despite his behaviour and the fact that her medication, phone and keys were found in his possession/home.

The authorities say that the last known sighting of Echo was at a local gas station on May 14th. When Kelsey reached out to the clerk, she learned that the woman had never been contacted by law enforcement. The clerk told Kelsey that Echo came in to buy a prepaid phone, stating that she needed it to contact her kids. After Echo’s cheque failed to go through, she said that her bank account had been “wiped out” by someone. Echo also told the clerk that there were “people waiting outside” for her. Her behaviour was described as “scatter-brained” and “rushed.”

https://img.particlenews.com/image.php?url=0owPaq_0fhGaUPX00

Echo Michelle LloydFacebook
Who was waiting outside for Echo? Did she know that she was in danger?

This year marks the second Mother’s Day Echo’s children have had to endure without knowing where she is or what happened to her. Echo and her ex-husband ended on good terms. He has reportedly participated in the searches and loved ones don’t believe he is a suspect.

According to The Charley Project, Echo is 5'4" and 100lbs with brown hair and brown eyes. She has the names Kelsey, Kace, Kaitlyn and Kylie tattooed on her right wrist. Her other tattoos are a blue ribbon, a rose, a butterfly and the words “Let It Be.”

Aug 8, 2023

It strikes a chord with me. It was to the southwest of where some my father's family grew up. I've been through Cole Camp, Warsaw and Lincoln a few times years ago. I can't believe the actions of the neighbor and no progress.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak
Back