MO - Elizabeth Olten, 9, St Martin's, 21 Oct 2009 #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
W8nC and I are planning to be there tomorrow.... is anyone else going?

Good luck tomorrow, hoping you guys get there early enough to snag one of the 35 seats for the public! Smart move, leaving the nuclear warhead in the car too! :)

:Welcome-12-june: droptop

Yes this is one that gets in your head and won't let go. We'll be glad to hear your take on all this.

I live in Jefferson City and have been following the EO case since the alleged perp was taken into custody. I don't know anyone connected to the case and haven't heard any extraneous info. aside from what I've read here on WS.

I do, however, know a man who attends the (supposed) church of AB, KB, and the rest of the suspect's family. He wasn't aware of who the suspect was until ex post facto. I asked him a couple of weeks ago about the suspect and he said that he didn't know her but he did notice that he hadn't seen her at the church for quite some time prior to the disappearance of EO. He also stated something I found quite intriguing: He told me that the suspect's family was in church on Sunday, Nov. 8 along with the suspect. I'm assuming he was mistaken for who the suspect is. But if he's right, does any here know if juvenile offenders are allowed to attend religious functions?

1.) Do you think AB will be charged as an adult? YES

2.) Do you think this will ever go to trial? YES

2A) If you answered no, why?

3.) Do you think that they will move the trial? THEY WILL TRY

3A) Do you think the lack of official information being released will effect
the jury pool? POSSIBLY

3B) Do you think all the speculation and rumors will effect the jury pool? YES

3C) Which side do you think the lack of info will harm? BOTH SIDES

4.) Would you be able to fairly serve on the jury? I COULD YES

4A) Are you local and could be called to serve? I AM NOT A LOCAL

5.) Do you think EO's family and background will be dragged through
the mud? UNFORTUNATELY YES IT WILL
6.) How much bearing would AB's background (what we know of it) have
on you? NONE

I am pleased to meet everyone!!!

Welcome-iou.jpg

My sister just told me that that church group that protests at soldier’s funerals saying “God hates Gays” was at JCHS today. She heard this from her son, but she doesn't know why they were there.

I seriously hope that those idiots aren't assuming that all kids at JCHS are a bunch of psychos, or God hating, devil worshipping, Goth, Jugallos, or whatever, based on the actions of ONE PERSON.

Hi people in mid-MO. My name is Mark, and I'm up in New Bloomfield,and I been fallowin this story since it came out,,For some reason it's in my head and eats at my guts every day..I didn't know elizabeth,or anything,,Maybe because it's so close,,I dunno, but it bothers me to no end. I've read millions of comments.(mostly on the "true crime") place,and lots of them make sence,and lots don't..I'd just like to say,,I commend the sherriff dept. in cole co. It took less than 48 hrs to not only find Elizabeth,but they also had a suspect arrested..he deserves a back slap on this one,,So sad the way it turned out tho. I have to keep an open mind in this tho,untill all the facts come out..I hope io don't sound out of place,or overzealous,or anything..I just need to talk about things sometimes.I don't plan to be at the courthouse tomorrow, as there'll be probly millions of people there,and well,,I dont really like "court houses". BTW, Anybody tell me how to do the "smiley" thing? I don't see the button up there.

Use the "POST REPLY" button rather than the "QUICK REPLY" button and you'll be in smiley land! :wink:

My sister just told me that that church group that protests at soldier’s funerals saying “God hates Gays” was at JCHS today. She heard this from her son, but she doesn't know why they were there.

I seriously hope that those idiots aren't assuming that all kids at JCHS are a bunch of psychos, or God hating, devil worshipping, Goth, Jugallos, or whatever, based on the actions of ONE PERSON.

They are there because they follow media cases like hound dogs. THEY ARE SICK PEOPLE and they are NOT FOLLOWING THE BIBLE.

They make me really really sick. :sick:

Apparently the Westboro Baptist Church is going to be in town through tomorrow as well. Great. Just to update, they will be at Helias, William Woods and "The Gate of Iniquity" (whatever that is???) in JC tomorrow.

Hopefully no one will pay any attention to the WBC crew. They are vile, disgusting pigs. Whenever there is a soldier's funeral nearby my husband and I (he in uniform as he is an Iraq war vet) go and block the families view of the WBC group.

Anyway.... tomorrow morning I will be the one handing out some pink ribbons before the hearing. I wanted to make one for my daughter to wear and decided I would just make the whole roll of ribbon and hand them out to anyone who wants to wear one in support of Elizabeth.

Hopefully no one will pay any attention to the WBC crew. They are vile, disgusting pigs. Whenever there is a soldier's funeral nearby my husband and I (he in uniform as he is an Iraq war vet) go and block the families view of the WBC group.

Anyway.... tomorrow morning I will be the one handing out some pink ribbons before the hearing. I wanted to make one for my daughter to wear and decided I would just make the whole roll of ribbon and hand them out to anyone who wants to wear one in support of Elizabeth.

Awwww, Jodibug, that's so SWEET! Both the thing you do for the families at the funerals, AND the pink ribbons.

You meet the NICEST people here.......:innocent:

Well, apparently KRCG 13 is going to be asking the hard questions about the Elizabeth Olten case on their 10p. Well, I guess we will see about that.

I've probably read this somewhere before, but I can't remember. How long had the EO and AB family been neighbors? TIA

You are one very wonderfull person!:angel:

they were recently at a high school in St. Louis for no apparent reason. Let me see if I can find the art. on the news site!

I don't know which pi#$%s me off more, these idiots protesting at soldiers funerals (my husband is also an OIF vet) or the crazy pro-life people holding up pictures of aborted, dead, cut up babies at family functions such as parades where children will be in attendance!

By the way here is the link to the ksdk site about them being in st. louis on the 2nd! http://www.ksdk.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=188729 Freaking idiots!

ETA Delete if you want I didn't see your post before posting mine. I am slow tonight!

Hello :) Jeff City native, here - Columbia is my home. Perusing the local news sites (definitely not mid-Missouri’s finest hour these days)…other than the NT mention of the hearing tomorrow there appears to be no reference to Elizabeth Olten on either of the two Columbia sites – KMIZ and KOMU (UMC-owned television station). Considering the J-School here at MU is…well…THE J-School, you’d think - but negative. Interestingly (or not), KRCG offers a slight nod with a little poll question: Should a juvenile be tried as an adult if the crime is violent enough?

http://www.connectmidmissouri.com/

Discuss amongst yourselves…back to lurk land.

Thinking I will wear something pink tomorrow... Thoughts and prayers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ssshotgunnn