MO - Elizabeth Olten, 9, St Martin's, 21 Oct 2009 #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Totally normal. She is charged with a serious crime and does not yet have counsel.

If the judge entered a not guilty plea, Is there anyway for her new attorney (whoever that may be) to change that to a guilty plea in effort to take a plea deal? OR does this mean there will be a trial? TIA

Mental health services being what they are in Missouri, my bet is this "nearly daily" evaluation was a once a week visit to a therapist and then through her church or school

No, her attorney said that the Pathway's center sent a counselor to her house most days after school. He said they would discuss everything right down to what was being cooked for dinner, and that the grandmother and rest of the family were very involved and supportive of her counseling.

No, her attorney said that the Pathway's center sent a counselor to her house most days after school. He said they would discuss everything right down to what was being cooked for dinner, and that the grandmother and rest of the family were very involved and supportive of her counseling.

For Elizabeths sake, I wish that counselor had stayed a little longer on Oct 21:sick:

There's the same ignorance (& imo, idiocy) on how a child should be raised.

He/she wants to blame the victim's family for allowing her to play in her own neighborhood.:loser:

Can you provide a good link to this? I wanna see what's being said and couldn't get the other one to work. TIA

The more I read about her counseling, the more I think she needs to be locked up the rest of her life. I'm not usually brutal, but to be so evil and so young with the help she's been given, I honestly believe she is a danger to society. JMOO

It doesn't prove any connection at all!

IMO and only my opinion does it prove to me that information was "covered up" about his death. I cannot prove there is any connection whatsoever.
Also it has no bearing on AB's case at all. I never thought it did...
It does have a bearing on how the school handles the situation - which is my main concern as I have children in this school.

I really don't want to say anymore. If someone finds the answers to my questions...GREAT!!! Maybe then more people will question the remaining information that has or hasn't been released.

If no one can find the answers then we really haven't lost anything have we?

PS...If anyone knows of the method of documenting these calls....just know this information may not be retained long so when making the request for copies of reports I would request either the day of Currie's death or the whole week's worth of reports....just to now draw attention to what information you are looking for.
Well, if your worried about you children's safety at the high school, that is something the school board needs to know. However, I hope you know too that the Nichols Center has a different director and may not know when there are threats at the high school building. Most kids have classes in Nichols. But, why would anything be kept covered up concerning anything with this girl or even in Curries death.

I thought you were going to bed!?!?! So, since you're here, give us more details!!!

Who made the call to authorities to report the suicide?

Where might such a call be documented (that are publicly available)?

Somewhere way back, I remember reading that he called police (chief? sergeant? Someone he knew) himself and told him what he was going to do. That person in LE then went to check on him, but didn't get there in time. There was a shotgun involved if I remember right.

Don't have a lot of time sis. Trying to get a little work done and gotta take your niece to the doctor soon.

and I told you everything I wrote down, and you already typed it all out for me. Thanks! I'll answer questions when I get time... but no guarantees it will be right away.

:doh: Ohhhh, this is significant and puts a new spin on things. She had what is called "Intensive In-Home Therapy."

There is a very specific criteria for IIHT. Insurance does not pay for it - it is only funded through one of two agencies - the Dept of Mental Health or the Juvenile Court system. One of the qualifications of the program is that the child has to be in danger of being removed from the home, usually because their level of dysfunction/misbehavior is something the parent/guardian cannot handle.

There were no cameras allowed in the court room because Bustamante did not have a lawyer present.
Bustamante was assigned a public defender by the judge.
A grand jury handed down two indictments. Bustamante was indicted for first-degree murder and armed criminal action and could face life in prison without parole if convicted.
She sat shackled with her hands at her waist, expressionless except for a hard swallow as the judge read the charges to her.
http://www.connectmidmissouri.com/news/news_story.aspx?id=379026

Whoever it is posting there, is somewhat of a drama queen (or king), posting false info just to see the reaction the next day.

Didn't ILC post " Peace and love" on his post here as well? IMO it sures seems like ILC.

I'm confused now... Calling all legal eagles.... When Jodibug and I were discussing what transpired during the arraignment she said the judge asked Alyssa if she had an attorney and she responded Jan King and the judge explained to her that she was a public defender, not her attorney. It was my understanding that Alyssa would be speaking with a PD, but I did not take that to mean that one had been officially appointed as her counsel.

Is Prozac the drug that causes homicidal & suicidal thoughts in teens?

I have a feeling this girl will never see the inside of a prison, but most likely a mental institution.

It can also cause hostility, aggression, and even hallucinations. Plus if she was doing drugs on top of it, it could definitely have affected her mental state. I knew someone who was on Prozac and some sort of anti-anxiety medication, and he'd still smoke pot. I was around him once after he had smoked, and he was completely irrational, paranoid, aggressive, and frightening. (I cut off contact with him after that.)

But regardless of her mental state, I still think she'll end up in prison. People are out for blood, I don't think it'll matter to the jury if she was suffering from some sort of a psychotic episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member