MO - Furious Friends Demand Answers After 3 Men Found Dead at Kansas City Home Days After Watching Football Game, January 2024 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly. Goes directly into the lungs, with all of that space, then, straight to the brain.

No one can make sense of what people who are doing drugs do, when they did it, why they did it, whatever else. There is no making sense of things that are nonsensical. Nothing nefarious. Nothing to see here, bad batch. They all took the same bad stuff.

The real question is where did they get it from?! And who else is taking it...may as well keep Narcan right next to EAD kits.

I wonder if there was a spike in ODs in KS during and after that game on Jan 7th.

We have boxes everywhere at the addiction and recovery centers I manage. I think everyone should have some. You just never know. I give it away to anyone who take it. We hold free classes on how to use it. It’s not hard and anyone can administer it. It truly saves lives.
Thank you for the work that you do! This case and the news stories have been eye-opening for us not just because it has hit so close to home but also because of the magnitude of this public health crisis.

In one of the articles about this case, Clayton McGeeney's uncle mentioned that Clayton had been injured in a motorcycle accident near Lake of the Ozarks, spent two weeks in the hospital and he had recovered. But what if his brain hadn't recovered? It wouldn't surprise me if he became dependent on pain killers, his fiancée knew it and that is why she broke into the house.

A couple of weeks ago, we watched a "60 Minutes" program about ground-breaking treatments for Alzheimer's and drug addiction by a neurosurgeon in West Virginia. A young man who was injured playing high school football was featured. He became addicted to opiates after his injury, and addiction was destroying his life. A brain implant treatment has saved his life.

JMO

The human brain contains 100 billion neurons. That's as many cells as there are stars across the milky way. Dr. Ali Rezai has spent 25 years exploring this frontier of medicine. The surgical techniques and therapies he pioneered are in use around the world. Dr. Rezai allowed us to see his latest research over the last year at the Rockefeller Neuroscience Institute in Morgantown, West Virginia. It includes revolutionary treatments for a brain disease suffered by 24 million Americans - addiction. The results so far have been life changing for the people we met once trapped by drugs...

...Dr. Ali Rezai: It's a brain disease, it's an electrical and chemical abnormality in the brain that occurs over time with recurrent use of drugs. And this can be any substance, alcohol, can be opioids, amphetamines, cocaine and they all are involving the same part of the brain.

Sharyn Alfonsi: And so your idea was what with the implant?

Dr. Ali Rezai: Parkinson's we implant that in the movement part of the brain that is electrically malfunctioning causing shaking. In this case, we're going in the behavioral regulation, anxiety, and craving parts of the brain.

Dr. Rezai has seen the impact of addiction in his community. The problem is so severe in Morgantown...a vending machine dispenses the overdose antidote Narcan for free.

They can’t let go of the tabloid sensationalism I guess.

Way too many news outlets indulged the whole, “JW murdered them because they saw something they shouldn’t have” claim.

I suppose some people considered 3 deaths suspect if they haven’t been paying attention to the opioid epidemic. News outlets don’t have that excuse.

Once the toxicology report came back though, common sense should have kicked in.
I think Daily Mail and NY Post operate on the assumption that their readers want to be outraged every time they click a link. And they deliver.

Now the children will receive social security benefits, perhaps and most likely the mothers will receive more than they were collecting in child support. And it will be on time and in full. One of the deceased was criminally charged and had to do supervisedprobation for non payment of child support.

Unless JW was a sociopath or psychotic, there would have to be something for him to gain by intentionally killing his friends.
Usually crimes are committed for money, power or love. Or furious jealousy.

I do believe JW was on drugs and may have been the provider, but I personally, my own opinion, cannot see what he would have gained by intentionally killing his three buddies.
And we still don’t know if the provider was JW, Weamer-Lee, or purchased and brought by one of the three who died.

JMO
Would LE be able to find out if one of the men purchased the drugs and who they got it from?

Potentially lethal dose. I assume it would be a person complete unhabituated to opiates. That's why I'm asking or maybe assuming that most people buying fentanyl know they are buying fentanyl and have some former experience with opiates.

From the article I linked (DEA):

Six out of 10 pills can kill. Interestingly, the pictures they post of xanax are the scored xanax bars - which many people would try to make into four doses, thereby lowering their chances of taking a fatal dose. The adderall isn't scored, though it is a capsule that can be opened and snorted (which is what most illicit adderall users do or so I've been told by LEO's).

Perhaps many of these pill buyers try to stretch the use of their drug over a few doses - although why anyone seeking an adderall high would be okay with the fentanyl effect, I do not know. This is the part that really puzzles me.
Jmo, most users/buyers do not know their coke is laced, nor do their local dealers. I know of 2 dealers who got out of that business because they were finding out too late that their coke was laced. I also think most dope is created or stepped on in our own countries, US and Canada, not cartels, just at a much higher level than the average dealer. Jmo

I’ve seen cases where they’ve been able to trace this chain, and to arrest and charge the drug dealer. Whether it will be possible in this case remains to be seen.
I'm hopeful the dealer's supplier will be arrested in this case.

iirc, JW gave LE permission to search his home that night. LE has made it very clear he isn't a suspect, yet they obtained a search warrant and went back. That might be an indication LE is on the trail of the dealer and LE wanted to make sure it isn't JW.

JMO

So they could be seen out the windows?

Next she walked upstairs, looked out the large back windows and saw a grisly tableau on the snow-covered patio.

Mahoney first spotted the frozen body of one man, David Harrington, seated upright in a lawn chair.

Last edited:
How was the drugs used? Was it a joint they all smoked?
Afaik that is unknown by the public same as we don't know who at the gathering, or if all, brought/carrying drugs, and the order of consumption, and we don't know how much beer was drank etc. Investigation is underway. Bless their families, so very sad. Assumptions can be very hurtful imo.

Experts are now weighing in on the international attention this case continues to get - some three weeks later.

Marijana Kotlaja, a criminologist with UMKC, said the two things play a role in grabbing attention from around the world. It has to be relatable, and it has to do with the victim’s race.​

“It’s a big Sunday night football game; you have these individuals that have gotten together to watch the Chiefs game,” Kotlaja said. “If you are at home, you can see yourself in the shoes of those individuals.” Katlaja also said their data shows race is a factor, saying they saw the same thing with the Gabby Petito case.

“These men were white, race ends up having a really big component of this, and these men were found in a somewhat affluent neighborhood, relative to where we typically think of crime occurring.”

“Right now, we don’t have all the details of the case, and so it allows the public to come up with a million theories,” Kotlaja said

On Friday, a spokesperson with the Platte County prosecutor’s office told KCTV5 there is no update regarding the full toxicology report, saying “our office does not have the case file as of this date.”

Jmo, most users/buyers do not know their coke is laced, nor do their local dealers. I know of 2 dealers who got out of that business because they were finding out too late that their coke was laced. I also think most dope is created or stepped on in our own countries, US and Canada, not cartels, just at a much higher level than the average dealer. Jmo
I think the Mexican drug cartels are bringing in the chemicals and regional labs are concocting the drugs. It reminds me of meth labs using drugs that were sold in bulk back then and meth addiction was epidemic.

JMO

Perhaps when JW thought his friends were leaving, he misunderstood what they meant and they were really just popping out for a few minutes.

Maybe to buy something he didn't know about. Maybe not.
This is kind of what I was saying the other day. He was dozing off on the couch and he heard them say goodnight or similar and HEARD A door open and close. He may of been unaware of which door he heard, as he was half asleep/passing out and assumed they left from the front door.
Jmo

Thank you for the work that you do! This case and the news stories have been eye-opening for us not just because it has hit so close to home but also because of the magnitude of this public health crisis.

In one of the articles about this case, Clayton McGeeney's uncle mentioned that Clayton had been injured in a motorcycle accident near Lake of the Ozarks, spent two weeks in the hospital and he had recovered. But what if his brain hadn't recovered? It wouldn't surprise me if he became dependent on pain killers, his fiancée knew it and that is why she broke into the house.

A couple of weeks ago, we watched a "60 Minutes" program about ground-breaking treatments for Alzheimer's and drug addiction by a neurosurgeon in West Virginia. A young man who was injured playing high school football was featured. He became addicted to opiates after his injury, and addiction was destroying his life. A brain implant treatment has saved his life.

JMO

The human brain contains 100 billion neurons. That's as many cells as there are stars across the milky way. Dr. Ali Rezai has spent 25 years exploring this frontier of medicine. The surgical techniques and therapies he pioneered are in use around the world. Dr. Rezai allowed us to see his latest research over the last year at the Rockefeller Neuroscience Institute in Morgantown, West Virginia. It includes revolutionary treatments for a brain disease suffered by 24 million Americans - addiction. The results so far have been life changing for the people we met once trapped by drugs...

...Dr. Ali Rezai: It's a brain disease, it's an electrical and chemical abnormality in the brain that occurs over time with recurrent use of drugs. And this can be any substance, alcohol, can be opioids, amphetamines, cocaine and they all are involving the same part of the brain.

Sharyn Alfonsi: And so your idea was what with the implant?

Dr. Ali Rezai: Parkinson's we implant that in the movement part of the brain that is electrically malfunctioning causing shaking. In this case, we're going in the behavioral regulation, anxiety, and craving parts of the brain.

Dr. Rezai has seen the impact of addiction in his community. The problem is so severe in Morgantown...a vending machine dispenses the overdose antidote Narcan for free.
Fascinating research and with good results in some areas, particularly with Parkinsons disease and with altzehimer disease in early stages. The research related to drug addiction may yield some good results, although as of the writing of this article, it seems like it is still too early to say.

Experts are now weighing in on the international attention this case continues to get - some three weeks later.

Marijana Kotlaja, a criminologist with UMKC, said the two things play a role in grabbing attention from around the world. It has to be relatable, and it has to do with the victim’s race.​

“It’s a big Sunday night football game; you have these individuals that have gotten together to watch the Chiefs game,” Kotlaja said. “If you are at home, you can see yourself in the shoes of those individuals.” Katlaja also said their data shows race is a factor, saying they saw the same thing with the Gabby Petito case.

“These men were white, race ends up having a really big component of this, and these men were found in a somewhat affluent neighborhood, relative to where we typically think of crime occurring.”

“Right now, we don’t have all the details of the case, and so it allows the public to come up with a million theories,” Kotlaja said

On Friday, a spokesperson with the Platte County prosecutor’s office told KCTV5 there is no update regarding the full toxicology report, saying “our office does not have the case file as of this date.”
What is the crime? The deaths or the drug taking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radnewal