MO - Furious Friends Demand Answers After 3 Men Found Dead at Kansas City Home Days After Watching Football Game, January 2024 #4

Cuffs
yes ty my post was mostly rhetorical
I have no doubt if she had been arrested or just cuffed, we would have heard about it by now, especially in the early days when the families were so angry
and I have no doubt the cops were more worried about three bodies in a backyard than how someone got in the house
@LadyL Maybe your question was asked "mostly rhetorically," but I and perhaps others did not necessarily read it that way.

Some ppl may assume if vid or still pix of fiancee in cuffs is not shown online, then she must not have been cuffed.
A very common comment online: "Post pix or it didn't happen."
So I posted a few reasons why pix of her in cuffs may not have surfaced.

"peer pressure" at almost 40 years old? Oh my, the denial is strong with this woman.

Peer pressure doesn't stop just because someone has reached adulthood. It is visible in the work place and other settings because people continue want to be accepted and liked by their social groups.

I do think the families are in the process of coming to terms with what happened, their loved one suddenly dead after a football game with their three friends, found outside in a residential back yard frozen to death. It will take time, but with each stage of information they get from LE, it will help with the processing, even though painful and will have to be worked through cognitively and emotionally.

Cuffs
yes ty my post was mostly rhetorical
I have no doubt if she had been arrested or just cuffed, we would have heard about it by now, especially in the early days when the families were so angry
and I have no doubt the cops were more worried about three bodies in a backyard than how someone got in the house

@LadyL Maybe your question was asked "mostly rhetorically," but I and perhaps others did not necessarily read it that way.

Some ppl may assume if vid or still pix of fiancee in cuffs is not shown online, then she must not have been cuffed.
A very common comment online: "Post pix or it didn't happen."
So I posted a few reasons why pix of her in cuffs may not have surfaced.

'What matters is that he didn't take that to die... It just means that there's more to the story, there's more to it than just that,' the grieving mother told Chris Cuomo when asked about the report. 'He didn't take that to die. if he took the drugs on his own, he took them to get high.'

Jon Harrington, on his part, said the toxicology reports don't fully explain the tragedy, adding that 'somebody gave them something that would kill them.'

'We keep getting answers that [police] are still investigating, so, there's something there that they're saying "maybe that's not right,"' Theresa added.
I feel for them, I really do, but I don't understand why even after finding out their 37 year old son died of an overdose they still maintain the stance that somebody else is responsible. Some of the most effective advertising for warnings about drinking and driving or drug overdoses is when grieving family members advertise how easy it is to die from alcohol and drugs. I remember years ago, four kids got killed in a vehicle where they'd all been drinking. The mother of the driver asked the town to display the vehicle that killed all those kids as a stark reminder of what can happen. Most young kids think they are invincible and warnings don't apply to them but the older you get you become aware of your own mortality, especially when statistics don't lie. Most people don't want their loved ones to become a Public Service Announcement but they can be incredibly effective.

My mama was the beloved manager of the high school cafeteria in our town when my brother overdosed on cocaine. The funeral was full of students and parents giving testament of how his life wouldn’t be in vain. Students in recovery spoke and they put up posters about the dangers in all about the lunch room. The support helped her tremendously and she felt proud she was helping her students know the dangers of drugs.

I read they were together for 20 years and Clayton actually posted a picture of them together when they were young like 15 - still no guarantee I know but I think they probably lived together.

She was very young then, when they got together. Daily Mail says she's 34. So, she was 14 when they got together. All I can find in MSM is that they were "engaged for 12 years." (Part of the series of DM articles).

IMO.

She was very young then, when they got together. Daily Mail says she's 34. So, she was 14 when they got together. All I can find in MSM is that they were "engaged for 12 years." (Part of the series of DM articles).

IMO.
I do not remember which link but I am sure I have read here several times that Clayton had a 16 year old daughter from a PREVIOUS relationship, which would add up to his and April's relationship starting 12 years ago.
JMO as I do not have a link.

ETA: changed Heather to April

"peer pressure" at almost 40 years old? Oh my, the denial is strong with this woman.
I thought the same. I have a lot of empathy for these families. It's bad enough to lose a loved one but must be so much worse with the sensationalism surrounding this case. They must be getting bombarded from all sides with little time to properly grieve. Bless her.

I do not remember which link but I am sure I have read here several times that Clayton had a 16 year old daughter from a PREVIOUS relationship, which would add up to his and April's relationship starting 12 years ago.
JMO as I do not have a link.

ETA: changed Heather to April

This is why I am uncertain about the nature of their relationship. The only way it matters to me is that I know people in that age group who have a variety of types of relationships (steady relationships) and may even share lots of expenses, but both parties have recourse to crashing at their parents' homes and sometimes do this for a few days - or even longer. Or they have other relatives or friends they sometimes stay with, many reasons (including where exactly their work is the next day).

IMO.

I feel absolutely horrible for the men's family members but at this point, I'm just not sure what their "angle" is particularly media wise. These are grown men, known to party by drinking and using drugs which was their choice. Most likely they had not knowingly used fentanyl or drugs laced with it in the past but again we do not even know that and are just assuming for the most part. With myself being right around that age as well, I personally don't think they would have been knowingly experimenting with fen but that is just a hunch based on their current life situations (having 3 children, wedding coming up etc)

Their families seem to be in somewhat denial about the situation and their accountability, and understandably so to a certain extent but I just don't understand what they want with all of the "there is more to the story" comments. Is there? Or did three grown men make a poor choice that ended horribly and that is the story?

Of course, where they got it from is important to them but at the same time, I don't feel that "blaming" whoever sold/gave them the drugs is going to change anything or make them feel better. It would be great to figure out who the dealer was as it is criminal, was clearly lethal and that person should be held accountable as the supplier but users always know there is a risk. I wonder if anyone else who purchased/partook from that batch OD'd.

All three men were almost 40 year old adults and made a decision that night they'd probably made many times before that ended up just fine which was what they were expecting that night as well. Unfortunately, this is the risk you take with drugs, especially these days, but I dont believe these men were peer pressured or tricked into taking what turned out to be fatal for them all or that there is anyone to "blame" here. If whoever sold/gave it to them knew it had fentanyl and did not tell them it did that is not right by any means but these days you know taking drugs from anyone is a gamble no matter what and certainly one I'd not be willing to take anymore MOO. Hopefully, with this story garnering so much media attention, this will scare the bejesus out of anyone wanting to take drugs for "fun" anymore.
If it were my loved ones, I would want a full investigation and the provider held accountable, if possible. It didn't seem like the police were initially pursuing the investigation very thoroughly. Their strategy has been effective, IMO.

If it were my loved ones, I would want a full investigation and the provider held accountable, if possible. It didn't seem like the police were initially pursuing the investigation very thoroughly. Their strategy has been effective, IMO.

I imagine many families would feel the same way.

<modsnip - off topic>

All JMO. These are deep issues. Whole thing would sit better with me if the family were trying to raise funds for an ongoing boost to drug enforcement in their area. Trying to find out more about the cause of such obviously drug-fueled deaths doesn't accomplish much, LE-wise. Or in terms of Justice. I'm sure LE are going to look hard at where the drugs came from - and I wouldn't be surprised if someone who knows the three deceased has some clues (the family could aid by trying to find that information - several "friends" of the deceased were involved in trying to find them or are speaking out about them). I suspect AWD (5th guy) knows something - but he has lawyered up. And therein are another set of barriers/problems when "accidental overdoses" occur. Some family (father of Harrington for example) have publicly acknowledged that their son would have been seeking a "high," not death. Well...that quest for a high and the use of street drugs killed him. There was an easy way to prevent it (don't do drugs) and it's very difficult and expensive to now try and find the chain of bad behavior (drug dealers) that lead to his death.

MOO

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a report from the Cincinnati Ohio region. There is a great deal of information this report, but one thing I found interesting: Out of 155 drug related deaths in this 6 month period, in 65.8 percent of the victims heroin was present and in those heroin deaths 61.8% contained fentanyl.

MOO fentanyl is so common that anyone doing drugs should consider the possibility that fentanyl is present. JMO

Chances are the families and significant others of the three deceased had a pretty good idea what their "partying" was likely to have consisted of. And as a result of not wanting to get their loved ones into unnecessary trouble, they didn't call the police until they realized they had no other choice; i.e. when they found the bodies.

<modsnip - quoted post was off topic>
At any rate, the basement was described as "finished" in the real estate ad. And we can't be 100% sure there's not another way out of the basement besides that teeny-tiny high window (and the carpeted stairs, of course.) We don't have photos of one end of the house, for example. MOO

Last edited by a moderator:
There's something so sad about the mother's statement imo. It shows how normalized taking drugs to get high must have been. MOO.
I agree. And not just, as in this case, the risk of death, but the very real risk of addiction.

I wonder, is this widespread ignorance about addiction, the real problem?

People who approve of, or experiment with drugs, don't understand addiction. People who disapprove of other people's drug use don't understand addiction.

And addicts themselves don't understand addiction! They stubbornly believe it's the solution to their problems, they can't break free until they understand it IS the problem.

JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back