MO - Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Grand Jury breakdown is 9 white, 3 black, 5 women, 7 men. (FOX)

David Carson ‏@PDPJ 1m
#Ferguson protesters have moved N down W Florissant arguing with each other, now moving back south less organized now

That must have been the blood-curdling screaming I heard.

Some woman live now saying it is "About to go down." But "reporter" saying he thinks things are cooling down. Woman (oy the language) talking about going to City Hall on Monday.

[I'm sorry...talking about people getting "disrespected," while she's calling people the N word?! I don't get it...just don't get it].

So what the heck is up with DJs lawyer? :scared:

And who was the other guy??? I'm so confused, I thought it was the dad at first?????

I feel bad for whomever has to transcribe that segment :giggle:

I think it is disgusting to have a Sen passing along misleading information this many days after the fact.

Bosley seemed really nervous. He was not making much sense. jmo

That must have been the blood-curdling screaming I heard.

Some woman live now saying it is "About to go down." But "reporter" saying he thinks things are cooling down. Woman (oy the language) talking about going to City Hall on Monday.

[I'm sorry...talking about people getting "disrespected," while she's calling people the N word?! I don't get it...just don't get it].

which link r u watching? Rebelutionz?

Bosley seemed really nervous. He was not making much sense. jmo

I think he forgot to take his meds.

Who was her other guest with him??? I couldn't figure it out, nor could I understand what he was ranting about?

The Grand Jury breakdown is 9 white, 3 black, 5 women, 7 men. (FOX)

From Wiki: "The population of Ferguson grew rapidly during the first six decades of the twentieth century, from 1,015 people in 1900 to 22,149 people in 1960, an average growth rate of 5% per year. Since 1960 the population has remained nearly constant. The racial composition of Ferguson has shifted since 1990, however. In 1990, residents of Ferguson who were identified in the U.S. Census as White comprised 73.8% of the total, while those identified as Black made up 25.1%.[24] (The remainder, 1.1%, identified with other racial categories.) In the 2000 census, 44.7% were White and 52.4% were African American. In the 2010 census, 29.3% were White and 67.4% were African American. "

So why are 9 of the jurors white, given that Ferguson is 64% African American? Doesn't seem to accurately reflect the demographics of the area. That concerns me, especially combined with the type of racism spouted by a recent poster's cop friend. Note: I'm not suggesting that racists are the majority in MO, but race issues do seem to be prevalent there.

All bullets from the front, is that correct dr baden?

Yes, thats correct...

baden just said there were NO INJURIES on MB's hand---what about the GASH?

From Wiki: "The population of Ferguson grew rapidly during the first six decades of the twentieth century, from 1,015 people in 1900 to 22,149 people in 1960, an average growth rate of 5% per year. Since 1960 the population has remained nearly constant. The racial composition of Ferguson has shifted since 1990, however. In 1990, residents of Ferguson who were identified in the U.S. Census as White comprised 73.8% of the total, while those identified as Black made up 25.1%.[24] (The remainder, 1.1%, identified with other racial categories.) In the 2000 census, 44.7% were White and 52.4% were African American. In the 2010 census, 29.3% were White and 67.4% were African American. "

So why are 9 of the jurors white, given that Ferguson is 64% African American? Doesn't seem to accurately reflect the demographics of the area. That concerns me, especially combined with the type of racism spouted by a recent poster's cop friend. Note: I'm not suggesting that racists are the majority in MO, but race issues do seem to be prevalent there.

I heard an atty on MSNBC saying they used the demographics of the county, not just Ferguson itself.

Are jurors pulled from registered voters only?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa