MO - Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will just reiterate...casenet IS our legal cases. Not just something offered to the public. Not just some independent gathering of documents or arrest records. These are ACTUALLY our cases because we have gone electronic. In other words, lawyer wants to file a Motion for Bond Reduction, they do NOT file a paper version. They electronically file it on casenet and it shows up on there for the whole world to see. Lawyers have a bit more access to different documents but that doesn't change what you see IS the case, not a reporting of the case.

I use this site on a regular basis and agree with you 100%. If I described it inappropriately, it was unintentional. I think it should be far more reliable and legally sound than anything from the MSM.

The same law firm got a settlement for Trayvon Martin's family from the HOA insurance. I'm thinking they are going to try to do the same here, except it will be Ferguson PD.

What's HOA insurance?

I heard 6 shots and then 4 shots.

I guess that without video, the audio of the shots doesn't really mean anything in this case. IDK, maybe it will or maybe it won't. Maybe I'm just not putting it all together right. But they would already be able to tell how many shots DW fired based on the shell casings found + the bullets in MB's body, right? Also how many bullets were missing from OW.

Of course, one thing we have to consider is possibility that police department would try to cover things up or hide things. I mean, that is a possibility. I know some people don't like when I bring up the Chrisman case, but I'm just saying because in that case Juan was trying to say that police officers and detectives moved some things around in favor of the police officer. So it is GOOD however much outside information we get - meaning outside of both MB and also the police departments.

I'm sure this audio will end up being very helpful, just can't think how right now. But one thing is that we can hear, obviously, the timings of the shots fired and how they group together.

I haven't paused and rewinded yet - but doesn't that sound like WAY more than 6 shots???

His attorney said she counts 11. Don Lemon heard 11 I heard 10, for sure. JMO

I use this site on a regular basis and agree with you 100%. If I described it inappropriately, it was unintentional. I think it should be far more reliable and legally sound than anything from the MSM.

You described it well. I was just trying to reiterate it. Missouri casenet is no different than if someone went down to the courthouse in another state and asked to see a copy of State vs. John Doe. As long as you have the right John Doe, then the records can't be any more authentic.

I have lived in Troy Missouri. It isn't as far away from St. Louis as some believe. My first child was born in a Florissant hospital when I lived there. Also I believe it was in some articles that ODW also lived there until his divorce. It is 14 miles give or take from Wentzville. Many people work in St. Charles and St. Louis county who live there. jmo

All they need to know is the capacity of the weapon ( I have heard 12, and 1 in chamber)...and how many were left when they (hopefully) secured the weapon in evidence. JMO

I have lived in Troy Missouri. It isn't as far away from St. Louis as some believe. My first child was born in a Florissant hospital when I lived there. Also I believe it was in some articles that ODW also lived there until his divorce. It is 14 miles give or take from Wentzville. Many people work in St. Charles and St. Louis county who live there. jmo

I have lived there as well. The whole town closes up at 5:00pm

Thank you...after I hit refresh it hit me :blush:

Kinda crazy that they were able to sue them/it :dunno:

It happens all the time. I guess it's good the have an insurance policy because you never know what can happen.

On other cases we were allowed to link to casenet for info. jmo

Gentle Giant was anything but gentle to that little shop owner, and allegedly to Officer Wilson.
To others as well. Imo
He went to 5 high schools...
This says he graduated in May?
But that he couldn't keep his grades up...
It has some other conflicting info as well.

"Mr. Brown showed a rebellious streak. One time, his mother gave him her A.T.M. card so he could buy shoes, said Mr. Brown’s friend Brandon Lewis. Mr. Brown bought himself a PlayStation console. His mother made him give the system to his brother."

"Mr. Brown rarely got into physical confrontations, Mr. Lewis said, because he was so big that nobody really wanted to test him. Mr. Brown tended to use his size to scare away potential trouble, Mr. Lewis said.
“He’ll swell up like, ‘I’m mad,’ and you’ll back off,” he said."

"He left McCluer and went to two other high schools before going to Normandy for most of his final two years."
http://mobile.nytimes.com/2014/08/2...grappling-with-lifes-mysteries.html?referrer=

All posts are MOO

Based on the reaction of the neighbors gathering at the scene after the shooting, I doubt gunfire would just be taken with a grain of salt.

If you've heard the 10 minute video of the scene after the shooting with the anonymous witness, he does describe the shots the same way. "I heard like 8 shots- it's like Boom boom boom, then it was like 4 more. it's like pop pop pop pop pop, stopped for a minute then pop pop pop. I'm thinking that- dude was still standing- I'm thinking he's missing him then he kept coming towards him." that's how that portion of the eyewitness tapes sounds to me, anyway. I hope I'm allowed to post this, it is a video of the scene and hard to tune out the other noise to hear this background conversation.

I agree. I talking about the guy on the recording who knows where he came from or his background as to why he did not react. My husband would not pay it any mind. But he grew up around guns was in the military for a bit etc. When we had a domestic abuse incident around the corner from our house a yr ago. Husband shot near his wife to get her to listen to him. My husband was in the middle of a conversation finished his sentence said that was gun shots then continued on. I ran to check on the kids, spying out the windows etc.
( by the way it did not work after he emptied the gun on the floor in front her feet. She stabbed him in the leg and ran)

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by TheDuchess Well, luckily we do have one very highly solid and believable witness - a well trained police officer with a spotless police record.

I really don't mean to sound snarky here but how do you know he is believable?....
BBM SBM

reedus23
In these threads, I have respectfully disagreed w you on more than one issue, but you raise a good point about Wilson's believability.
Wilson's status as LE does not give me complete faith in his believability.
His believability standing starts in neutral, for me. Ditto, everyone else.
No blanket thoughts, positive or negative, about one group or another. Not about one individual either.

Ex:
Early on, Dorian said something like (my paraphrasing), this started ~2:00pm & after tussle w LE, MB & I ran for 2 minutes. Plus more.
Turns out, 2:00pm was about 2 hrs off. And if he & MB ran for 2 min, they would not have been on same block as LE car.
Were his stmts inaccurate by accident or design? May or may not matter.
But when SwisherSweet vid was released, appeared, imo, his failure to disclose was enlightening to me.
Finally, when his outstanding warrant-w giving LE wrong name - surfaced, then clear he was not believable imo.
I refuse to place trust in a person who does not give LE his actual name.

JMO MOO IMO

I agree. I talking about the guy on the recording who knows where he came from or his background as to why he did not react. My husband would not pay it any mind. But he grew up around guns was in the military for a bit etc. When we had a domestic abuse incident around the corner from our house a yr ago. Husband shot near his wife to get her to listen to him. My husband was in the middle of a conversation finished his sentence said that was gun shots then continued on. I ran to check on the kids, spying out the windows etc.
( by the way it did not work after he emptied the gun on the floor in front her feet. She stabbed him in the leg and ran)
Oh god! Your re telling made me :giggle: although I'm sure it scared the heck out of you!

All they need to know is the capacity of the weapon ( I have heard 12, and 1 in chamber)...and how many were left when they (hopefully) secured the weapon in evidence. JMO

bbm

I am really fearful of the kinds of things we might hear during forensics i.e. mistakes (whether intentional or not) that they made collecting and testing evidence.

Let's hope not, but I'm just imagining things like....gun got passed around by many cops and all the fingerprints got smudged all over so they couldn't get any discernible fingerprints. Or something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd