MO - Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the game plan for the protestor/looters if they don't get the end results that they believe in or want to hear?
What is their Plan B?
I'm not really sure I'm clear on their Plan A after listening to the chants of "OW dead".

But what will they do if the AG comes back that OW was justified based on the investigation?

What happens next?

They'll probably just wait around until Sharpton/Jackson/NBP/Crump et al tell them what to do.IMO

Missouri Revised Statutes, Chapter 565, Offenses Against the Person

Assault of a law enforcement officer ... in thefirst degree, definition, penalty.

1. A person commits the crime of *advertiser censored*ault of a law enforcement officer, [et al*].... in the first degree if such person attempts to kill or knowingly causes or attempts to cause serious physical injury to a law enforcement officer [et al*]....

2. [defines emergency personnel]
[defines corrections officer]
[defines highway worker]
[defines utility worker]
6. [defines cable worker]

[SIZE=-2] 7. Assault of a law enforcement officer, [et al*]... in the first degree is a class A felony.

(L. 1989 S.B. 215 & 58, A.L. 2003 S.B. 5, A.L. 2005 H.B. 353, A.L. 2009 H.B. 62 merged with H.B. 683, A.L. 2012 H.B. 1647) [SIZE=-2] (2001) Definition of "law enforcement officer" does not require State to prove that the officer was acting within his or her legal authority. State v. Summers, 43 S.W.3d 323 (Mo.App.W.D.).
[/SIZE][/SIZE]--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Assault of a law enforcement officer ...
in the second degree, definition, penalty.
1. A person commits the crime of assault of a law enforcement officer
[et al*]... in the second degree if such person:

(1) Knowingly causes or attempts to cause physical injury to a law enforcement officer [et al*]....by means of a deadly weapon or dangerous instrument;

(2) Knowingly causes or attempts to cause physical injury to a law enforcement officer [et al*]... by means other than a deadly weapon or dangerous instrument;

(3) Recklessly causes serious physical injury to a law enforcement officer[et al*]... or
(4) While in an intoxicated condition or under the influence of controlled substances or drugs, operates a motor vehicle or vessel in this state and when so operating, acts with criminal negligence to cause physical injury to a law enforcement officer [et al]...;
(5) Acts with criminal negligence to cause physical injury to a law enforcement officer, [et al]...by means of a deadly weapon or dangerous instrument;

(6) Purposely or recklessly places a law enforcement officer, [et al*]... in apprehension of immediate serious physical injury; or

(7) Acts with criminal negligence to create a substantial risk of death or serious physical injury to a law enforcement officer, [et al]...

[defines emergency personnel]
[defines corrections officer]
[defines highway worker]
[defines utility worker]
6. [defines cable worker]

7. Assault of a law enforcement officer [et al] ... in the second degree is a class B felony
unless committed pursuant to subdivision (2), (5), (6), or (7) of subsection 1 of this section in which case it is a class C felony.

For any violation of subdivision (1), (3), or (4) of subsection 1 of this section, the defendant must serve mandatory jail time as part of his or her sentence.

(L. 1989 S.B. 215 & 58, A.L. 2003 S.B. 5, A.L. 2004 H.B. 1055, A.L. 2005 H.B. 353, A.L. 2008 H.B. 1715, A.L. 2009 H.B. 62 and A.L. 2009 H.B. 683, A.L. 2011 H.B. 315, A.L. 2012 H.B. 1647)

* [ et al ] is a list of persons (in addition to LEOs) to whom these sections apply: emergency personnel, corrections officer, highway worker, utility worker, cable worker.

What is the game plan for the protestor/looters if they don't get the end results that they believe in or want to hear?
What is their Plan B?
I'm not really sure I'm clear on their Plan A after listening to the chants of "OW dead".

But what will they do if the AG comes back that OW was justified based on the investigation?

What happens next?

Well, one of their city council (?) women told us that if that happens, then the reaction will make what they've done to the city so far look like a picnic or somesuch.

Then we have the terroristic threats to shut down the interstate.

I believe a lot of people from the PD, FBI, and the two new PR firms are working hard to find the best way to publicly present all the information to show why the grand jury came back with a no-bill, and divert attention to the DOJ investigation, to minimize the rioting.

I would also bet they won't tell us until they have that and the grand jurors themselves prepared and protected.

I also wouldn't be shocked if Holder and Co try to get the GJ to indict him for something just as a bone to throw to the mob.

/all personal speculation

Sent via Tapatalk

O/T but we just lost a 24 year old officer in Merilville Indiana today, shot in the line of duty. I suppose he should have just tased the guy. :gaah:

MY bolding & snipping.
1. A person commits the crime of assault of a law enforcement officer....in the first degree if such person attempts to kill or
knowingly causes or attempts to cause serious physical injury to a law enforcement officer

[SIZE=-2] 7. Assault of a law enforcement officerin the first degree is a class A felony.
[/SIZE]
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. A person commits the crime of assault of a law enforcement officer... in the second degree if such person:

(1) Knowingly causes or attempts to cause physical injury to a law enforcement officer ...by means of a deadly weapon or dangerous instrument;

(2) Knowingly causes or attempts to cause physical injury to a law enforcement officer ... by means other than a deadly weapon or dangerous instrument;

(3) Recklessly causes serious physical injury to a law enforcement officer... or
(4) While in an intoxicated condition or under the influence of controlled substances or drugs, operates a motor vehicle or vessel in this state and when so operating, acts with criminal negligence to cause physical injury to a law enforcement officer ...;
(5) Acts with criminal negligence to cause physical injury to a law enforcement officer, ...by means of a deadly weapon or dangerous instrument;

(6) Purposely or recklessly places a law enforcement officer, ... in apprehension of immediate serious physical injury; or

(7) Acts with criminal negligence to create a substantial risk of death or serious physical injury to a law enforcement officer,...
7. Assault of a law enforcement officer ... in the second degree is a class B felony
unless
committed pursuant to subdivision (2), (5), (6), or (7) of subsection 1 of this section in which case it is a class C felony.

For any violation of subdivision (1), (3), or (4) of subsection 1 of this section, the defendant must serve mandatory jail time as part of his or her sentence.

O/T but we just lost a 24 year old officer in Merilville Indiana today, shot in the line of duty. I suppose he should have just tased the guy. :gaah:

:( That's so sad to hear.

Yes, it's been amazing to see how little most people and media understand about how tasers work, and all the dangers & limitations involved. :shocked:

Sent via Tapatalk

I'm admittedly slow today, but I'm not sure how anyone is getting to a "half a dozen" witnesses who counter ODW's version?

I see
Darian Johnson
Piaget
Tiffany
... Mike Brady, who I'm not sure about, but his statements have "evolved" too

Who am I missing?

Sent via Tapatalk

I figured maybe they were counting the article about the 2 workers who were interviewed today. Adding their stories in truly complicates the eye witness claims even more. It's so hard to know the truth through these witness statements because they all tell it differently. This workers story though has MB coming back towards OW, although he adds he doesn't know if it was in a "I'm gonna get you way" or giving up. Either way IMO him advancing towards ODW in ANY way would've been taken aggressively given what had taken place 10secs prior. IMO

On a boring Saturday night, with no serious new news (outside of the new witness coming forward) I was wondering if it would be ok to take an informal poll? I was wondering who you initially "sided" with (MB/OW for clarity,) if you opinion has changed and what your tipping point was that perhaps changed your change in direction, either way.

For me, I initially sided with MB and began to lean toward OW after the store video and completely flipped when I learned of the punch in the face.

TIA

They'll probably just wait around until Sharpton/Jackson/NBP/Crump et al tell them what to do.IMO

OMG, you took the exact answer right out of my mouth....(or fingers, as it were) :D

I just want to add to what another poster wrote on previous thread about witness version(s) in general. Witnesses "see" different things during an event regardless of motive or credibility. In this case, we have a "shooting" incident and which would be very scary imo if I were a witness. I think the fact that a shooting occurred may add an additional layer of why there are so many conflicting statements; it may have caused shock-like responses to how witnesses viewed things. Witnesses didn't expect that OW/MB incident and would be caught off guard by it. (i.e Like this "Steve" person call from the ? talk show, which isn't posted on WS). It illustrated to me that one's first reaction would be to get away from windows/porch and where the shooting took place. That's why the physical evidence like autopsies etc. are so important imo.

I think GJ witnesses are not sworn to secrecy after they testify in front of GJ, but they also don't have to share publicly. imo we are not hearing about all of the witnesses for many reasons. I think there are witnesses who corroborate OW's version, but just don't want to publicly discuss for whatever reason. all imo and speculation.

Wilson must have been justified in shooting Brown. If Brown was a threat, that would justify the shooting. Therefore Brown was a threat even when he was running away.

The logic is backwards, but that type of thinking is all too common.

What is clear is that Brown's alleged crimes are being exaggerated. Shoving the store clerk and stealing cigars is the kind of crime that seldom results in a jail sentence unless the perpetrator has a prior record.

Slugging a police officer is more serious, but even that does not always result in a jail sentence. Neither of these crimes are even close to capital offenses. But you might not know that from reading this thread.

I respectfully disagree with your opinions in this post, with the exception of your first sentence.
I don't need links, but I would really like to hear your views/opinions/feelings regarding the shooting from start to finish.
If you don't chose to start at the strong-armed robbery, please start wherever you like.
I'm truly interested in your opinions and what you think really happened in this incident. What do you think should have happened? What are your feelings regarding OW's actions, what are your opinions regarding MB's actions.
Thankie Sai in advance. :smile:

eta: do you think that a public apology to the shopkeeper would be a good idea? what do you think of the behavior of Al Sharpton, Crump, the family permitting them to be a part of this? how do you feel about what they have said? (peeps in previous sentence), what do you think about the family calling for the death penalty of OW?

Eyewitnesses saw:
1 cop
3 cops
OW drive over MBs feet :facepalm:
Saw MB with his hands up.
Saw MB with his hands down.
Saw MB with his hands down facing inward.
Saw MB with his hands down facing outward.
:juggling::kickcan::drama:

On a boring Saturday night, with no serious new news (outside of the new witness coming forward) I was wondering if it would be ok to take an informal poll? I was wondering who you initially "sided" with (MB/OW for clarity,) if you opinion has changed and what your tipping point was that perhaps changed your change in direction, either way.

For me, I initially sided with MB and began to lean toward OW after the store video and completely flipped when I learned of the punch in the face.

TIA

Ditto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members