Found Deceased MO - John Forsyth, 49, doctor, Mercy ER Clinic, Cassville, 21 May 2023 *car found*

Status
Not open for further replies.
How long after defaulting on court-ordered child support / alimony payments does he go into default and get any legal notice attached to his records?

If he had unpaid child support / alimony payments, it may reflect on his ability to renew his medical license, his privledges to work in the ER or his work contract with the hospital Could it affect his ability to leave the US?

The required payments and his disappearance seem more than co-incidental to me.

How long after defaulting on court-ordered child support / alimony payments does he go into default and get any legal notice attached to his records?

If he had unpaid child support / alimony payments, it may reflect on his ability to renew his medical license, his privledges to work in the ER or his work contract with the hospital Could it affect his ability to leave the US?

iirc in Missouri, she can push for charges as soon as a payment is late. Now there's no telling how long it will take the county of the order to act. If she uses her attorney, could be faster/more likely.

jmho ymmv lrr

The failure of a parent to support a minor child that the parent is legally obligated to support is a crime in the State of Missouri. Nonsupport may be charged as a felony if the obligated parent fails to pay six months within a twelve-month period or has accumulated an arrearage in excess of five thousand dollars. The obligated parent may have a defense to the charge if they can show good cause as to why support was not provided. Good cause may be illness, incapacitation or incarceration.
(he's already 3 times over the felony $ limit.

The FSD can also suspend the driver's license of a person who has not paid child support. Professional licenses, such as a medical license, teaching license, or law license can also be suspended. This can pressure a person who refuses to pay child support to do so or continue to be unable to drive or work in their profession.
The last link also says the state can garnish wages for non-support

Dr. F's profile on https://wellfound.com/u/j-r-forsyth,
"(*Finished medical school in 3 years. Board certified. Active license to practice as physician and surgeon.)"

Who finishes med school in US in three years? Anybody know? Is it possible?
Other countries?

Does not identify med school.
Says board certified, does not indicate specialty.

His profile at this website is to attract investors for his biz IIUC?, not applying for medical job, but seems, well, hinky imo?

icbw. Maybe very wrong.

**Four years in US, per---.
"Once enrolled in a medical school the four years progressive study is divided into two roughly equal components: pre-clinical ... and clinical.... The degree granted at the conclusion of these four years of study is Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (D.O.) depending on the medical school; both degrees allow the holder to practice medicine after completing an accredited residency program.[1][2]" sbm

"(*Finished medical school in 3 years. Board certified. Active license to practice as physician and surgeon.)"

Other countries?

His profile at this website is to attract investors for his biz IIUC?, not applying for medical job, but seems, well, hinky imo?

icbw. Maybe very wrong.

"Once enrolled in a medical school the four years progressive study is divided into two roughly equal components: pre-clinical ... and clinical.... The degree granted at the conclusion of these four years of study is Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (D.O.) depending on the medical school; both degrees allow the holder to practice medicine after completing an accredited residency program.[1][2]" sbm

It can be done in US Medical schools, usually if the student has substantial pre-enrollment education that would duplicate the academic first year.

For a foreign medical school, such as Dr. F did, I would be suspicious that their program is lacking in sufficient clinical experience or appropriate quality academics.

I read elsewhere that he graduated from a Caribbean medical school and he was Board Certified in Family Practice.

Family Practice has one of the shorter required residency at 3 years of training in a qualified residency program after graduation from a qualified medical school. Internal Medicine and Pediatrics are also 3 years. Emergency Medicine is 3-4 years.

Most other Medical Board residency types require 4-7 years of additional residency training after medical school. ( Ob-Gyn, General Surgery, Anesthesiology, Radiology, Pathology, Neurosurgery)

Forsyth, who is the father of seven children, had recently gotten engaged, just days after his divorce was finalized earlier this month, Richard explained. The newly engaged couple had been texting the morning he vanished.

'His fiancé was texting him around 7am… and as he was leaving he was texting her things like 'Hey, my shift's over' and 'I'll see you a little bit later,' Richard said.

'And then minutes later, he stops responding to text messages and is seen walking toward his RV.'

snip

Family members said Forsyth spent most of his downtime trying to determine how to make cryptocurrency beneficial to society - which sometimes got them into trouble, like one 'hacker battle with some internet dude, Richard admitted.

'We've made some enemies,' he added.

(LE statement saying they think JF is somewhere and alive Search continues for missing Cassville doctor; family reacts)

We do not know all LE knows (as usual), and they probably already know a lot. LE is not going to share everything with the public and not everything with even with the family.

If the FBI is involved, they probably have a good idea of what has happened. With the resources they have, they probably got all of the cell records already from the cell phones except for any burner phones. Known bank accounts will have been checked and now monitored.

If the fiancé is so close to him, did she notice any changes in his demeanor recently or anxiety over the huge impending alimony & child support payments? Anything different lately?

There is just so much that could have gone on with Doctor John. When we have so few facts, all we can do is speculate.

To those who think John has vast sums of money, why do you think he'd run off instead of just paying the child support/alimony or getting a lawyer to fight it? He'd be causing significant harm to his children, both emotionally and financially, by taking off.

Other countries?

icbw. Maybe very wrong.

I've heard of medical schools that had a year-round option, so maybe it was possible. However, most people who take summer classes while in medical school are in a dual MBA, MPH, or other master's degree program.

To those who think John has vast sums of money, why do you think he'd run off instead of just paying the child support/alimony or getting a lawyer to fight it? He'd be causing significant harm to his children, both emotionally and financially, by taking off.
The last court order is for child support, property division and debt. Alimony isn't mentioned. I'm not a lawyer but it reads to me that JF owes the ex a very large sum of money. It's heartbreaking to see his family left in the lurch, if he did disappear himself. moo

BBM

Scheduled For: 05/10/2023; 9:00 AM; MATTHEW RAY KASPER; Lawrence
Judgment on Dissolution
JUDGMENT AND DECREE OF DISSOLUTION OF MARRIAGE PETITIONER APPEARS AND WITH COUNSEL RYAN F RICKETTS RESPONDENT, DOES NOT APPEAR HOWEVER RESPONDENT EXECUTED A VOLUNTARY ENTRY OF APPEARANCE AND WAIVER OF SERVICE OF PROCESS ON APRIL 18, 2022. CUSTODY AND VISITATION PER THE PARENTING PLAN ATTACHED AS EXHIBIT "1" THE COURT ORDERS RESPONDENT TO PAY TO PETITIONER THE SUM $3999.00 PER MONTH AS AND FOR CHILD SUPPORT PAYABLE THROUGH THE FAMILY SUPPORT PAYMENT CENTER IN JEFFERSON CITY, MO. SUCH CHILD SUPPORT PAYMENTS SHALL COMMENCE ON MAY 15, 2023 AND THE 15TH OF EACH MONTH THEREAFTER UNTIL FURTHER ORDER OF THIS COURT. DIVISION OF PROPERTY AND DEBT PER THE DECREE THE COURT ORDERS HUSBAND TO PAY TO WIFE THE SUM OF $15,000.00 PER MONTH COMMENCING MAY 15, 2023 AND THE 15TH OF EACH MONTH THEREAFTER UNTIL FURTHER ORDER OF THIS COURT OR UNTIL THE REMARRIAGE OF WIFE OR DEATH OF HUSBAND. SUCH MAINTENANCE PAYMENTS SHALL BE PAID TO THE FAMILY SUPPORT PAYMENT CENTER IN JEFFERSON CITY, MO. JUDGMENT ENTERED. /S/ JUDGE MATTHEW R KASPER FOR DETAILS SEE ATTACHED CERTIFIED COPY MAILED TO APET AND RES COPY GIVEN TO CHILD SUPPORT DIVISION IN CIRCUIT CLERK'S OFFICE

mmmmm.....it does not name it alimony and there isn't an end date for either monetary order.
That's a lot of money to have to pay every month!
Plus he planning on getting married and starting a new life? Plus doesn't he have children in college?
That's an awful lot to handle!
Maybe he did just run away.
But with the way others have spoken of him he really loves his job, his children and the rest of his family. So I don't think he'd do that to them.
moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member