Found Deceased MO - John Forsyth, 49, doctor, Mercy ER Clinic, Cassville, 21 May 2023 *car found*

Status
Not open for further replies.
It can be done in US Medical schools, usually if the student has substantial pre-enrollment education that would duplicate the academic first year.

For a foreign medical school, such as Dr. F did, I would be suspicious that their program is lacking in sufficient clinical experience or appropriate quality academics.

I read elsewhere that he graduated from a Caribbean medical school and he was Board Certified in Family Practice.

Family Practice has one of the shorter required residency at 3 years of training in a qualified residency program after graduation from a qualified medical school. Internal Medicine and Pediatrics are also 3 years. Emergency Medicine is 3-4 years.

Most other Medical Board residency types require 4-7 years of additional residency training after medical school. ( Ob-Gyn, General Surgery, Anesthesiology, Radiology, Pathology, Neurosurgery)
No, this cannot be done in US medical schools. I am a physician and there are no undergraduate courses that you can “apply” to the first two years of academic work. You absolutely cannot graduate medical school in less than four years in the US.
ETA: there are residencies you can complete in 3. But not medical school itself.

No, this cannot be done in US medical schools. I am a physician and there are no undergraduate courses that you can “apply” to the first two years of academic work. You absolutely cannot graduate medical school in less than four years in the US.
ETA: there are residencies you can complete in 3. But not medical school itself.
He graduated from Ross University in the Caribbean. Perhaps they have a 3-year option, if one attends summer school?

The last court order is for child support, property division and debt. Alimony isn't mentioned. I'm not a lawyer but it reads to me that JF owes the ex a very large sum of money. It's heartbreaking to see his family left in the lurch, if he did disappear himself. moo

BBM

Scheduled For: 05/10/2023; 9:00 AM; MATTHEW RAY KASPER; Lawrence
Judgment on Dissolution
JUDGMENT AND DECREE OF DISSOLUTION OF MARRIAGE PETITIONER APPEARS AND WITH COUNSEL RYAN F RICKETTS RESPONDENT, DOES NOT APPEAR HOWEVER RESPONDENT EXECUTED A VOLUNTARY ENTRY OF APPEARANCE AND WAIVER OF SERVICE OF PROCESS ON APRIL 18, 2022. CUSTODY AND VISITATION PER THE PARENTING PLAN ATTACHED AS EXHIBIT "1" THE COURT ORDERS RESPONDENT TO PAY TO PETITIONER THE SUM $3999.00 PER MONTH AS AND FOR CHILD SUPPORT PAYABLE THROUGH THE FAMILY SUPPORT PAYMENT CENTER IN JEFFERSON CITY, MO. SUCH CHILD SUPPORT PAYMENTS SHALL COMMENCE ON MAY 15, 2023 AND THE 15TH OF EACH MONTH THEREAFTER UNTIL FURTHER ORDER OF THIS COURT. DIVISION OF PROPERTY AND DEBT PER THE DECREE THE COURT ORDERS HUSBAND TO PAY TO WIFE THE SUM OF $15,000.00 PER MONTH COMMENCING MAY 15, 2023 AND THE 15TH OF EACH MONTH THEREAFTER UNTIL FURTHER ORDER OF THIS COURT OR UNTIL THE REMARRIAGE OF WIFE OR DEATH OF HUSBAND. SUCH MAINTENANCE PAYMENTS SHALL BE PAID TO THE FAMILY SUPPORT PAYMENT CENTER IN JEFFERSON CITY, MO. JUDGMENT ENTERED. /S/ JUDGE MATTHEW R KASPER FOR DETAILS SEE ATTACHED CERTIFIED COPY MAILED TO APET AND RES COPY GIVEN TO CHILD SUPPORT DIVISION IN CIRCUIT CLERK'S OFFICE

Reading through the docket, it looks like the Dr could not be served and/or did not respond, and the judgement was granted in default. There are limitations on the length of alimony in Missouri, depending on how long you have been married. While it doesn’t mention alimony, it says “these maintenance payments” which generally means support payments. It could be division of assets or alimony. Either way, it does not appear the DR tried to protect his interests the way one usually does in a divorce, based on the linked docket.

Forsyth, who is the father of seven children, had recently gotten engaged, just days after his divorce was finalized earlier this month, Richard explained. The newly engaged couple had been texting the morning he vanished.

'His fiancé was texting him around 7am… and as he was leaving he was texting her things like 'Hey, my shift's over' and 'I'll see you a little bit later,' Richard said.

'And then minutes later, he stops responding to text messages and is seen walking toward his RV.'

snip

Family members said Forsyth spent most of his downtime trying to determine how to make cryptocurrency beneficial to society - which sometimes got them into trouble, like one 'hacker battle with some internet dude, Richard admitted.

'We've made some enemies,' he added.

(LE statement saying they think JF is somewhere and alive Search continues for missing Cassville doctor; family reacts)
So, he co-owns a crypto business with his brother, his brother indicated that they have had shady dealings with people on the internet. He’s last seen on camera walking away from his car, after a white suv leaves. All so strange.

“I’ll see you a little bit later,’” the doctor told her, according to an interview his brother Richard gave to the Daily Beast.

But within minutes, the father of seven stopped responding and was seen walking to the RV where he stayed in the hospital parking lot. Security footage then showed Forsyth’s Infiniti sedan arriving at the nearby Cassville Aquatic Center before a white SUV pulled up near him.

“It leaves a few minutes later and [Forsyth] is seen walking around maybe 10 to 15 minutes after that,” Richard said he was told by police, “And then he walks away from his car.”

So, he co-owns a crypto business with his brother, his brother indicated that they have had shady dealings with people on the internet. He’s last seen on camera walking away from his car, after a white suv leaves. All so strange.

“I’ll see you a little bit later,’” the doctor told her, according to an interview his brother Richard gave to the Daily Beast.

But within minutes, the father of seven stopped responding and was seen walking to the RV where he stayed in the hospital parking lot. Security footage then showed Forsyth’s Infiniti sedan arriving at the nearby Cassville Aquatic Center before a white SUV pulled up near him.

“It leaves a few minutes later and [Forsyth] is seen walking around maybe 10 to 15 minutes after that,” Richard said he was told by police, “And then he walks away from his car.”
This brings back memories of a traveling nurse (RN) I worked with. She traveled for nursing when hospitals were short staffed. Her husband came along. They stayed in their R.V. in the hospital parking lot near the back.
Her husband was in the R.V. one day when a man came walking in and tried to rob him! He was able to chase him off and called L.E. and hopsital security. I can't help but wonder how safe it was for Dr Forsyth to stay in the R.V. :(

Last edited:
How close is a body of water in relation to where Doctor John parked his vehicle? Where is our map person? By now we would usually have maps of the whole area. I'm not good at that sort of thing.

So, 35 deputies from the area and surrounding areas grid searched a 90 acre area? Sorry, but I am skeptical of it being a really thorough search.

My thoughts are all over the place because none of this makes sense. Wallet and passport left in vehicle along with briefcase and laptop = suicide.

His business plus a tremendous amount of support due every month and being behind on payments = pressure to disappear.

Suspicious white SUV entering the aquatic car park soon after Dr. John got there = someone maybe bringing false passport, money, and new identity papers to him and Dr. John being seen after the SUV left = disappearing.

With Dr. John's son and brother (brother in business with him) being very close with him, I wonder what they both really think happened.

Just my own thoughts here......

This brings back memories of a traveling nurse (RN) I worked with. She traveled for nursing when hospitals were short staffed. Her husband came along. They stayed in their R.V. in the hospital parking lot near the back.
Her husband was in the R.V. one day when a man came walking in and tried to rob him! He was able to chase him off and called L.E. and hopsital security. I can't help but wonder how safe it was for Dr Forsyth to stay in the R.V. :(

I’ve been thinking the same.

I find myself wondering if he is dead-broke, filthy-rich or is guilty of crimes.
His family says he tried to withdraw bunch money recently . <modsnip>He has money and lots I believe. He's been into crypto since crypto started. I believe he worked at two different hospitals ,a crypto business and a former practice in Springfield. He has to pay 15,000 a month alimony for life . Add another 4,000 in child support . He's never missed a days work til now . Never had any run ins with law. Very well loved member of community. But I'm sure even 19,000 a month has some influence on his choices.

Last edited by a moderator:
With meth and heroin being such big problems in this region, one wonders if the wrong person found out that a certain RV was occupied by a physician.

I am finding his FB page a bit strange, but must admit its partly because there is NO OTHER news coming our way to occupy my thoughts.

But he has 58,000 followers. But usually only has about 8-10 responses, and most of those are family... lots of extended family.

But I can "see" when the fiance likely entered his life, by when she started responses.
Maybe some of those who are responding have more to add to the story....

Just wandering thoughts. I think this case is going to end up being one we long remember.....

That report was a link behind a paywall. So, "luxury RV in parking lot" is dead end for me unless we see a link from verified MSM or LE. Thanks for checking it out. Where he was living, i.e. staying or sleeping is a curiosity to me.
moo
From the article BBM:

In his 15 years at Mercy Hospital, Dr. John Forsyth never missed a shift without letting someone know. The 49-year-old emergency medicine physician even parked his luxury RV outside of the Cassville, Missouri, hospital so he would always be steps away from his patients.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie