Found Deceased MO - John Forsyth, 49, doctor, Mercy ER Clinic, Cassville, 21 May 2023 *car found*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve been in your shoes, I’m sorry. I promise you that this will get better. His memory will be a blessing.

I think there will be very knowledgeable experts around you and your family that will give you excellent advice and explanations that will help.
I feel badly for his family, especially his children.I do hope they get help coping now and in the months ahead.

Travel by Water?

snipped for focus
@bestill @MOgirlWAworld
Lots of water --- rivers, lakes, reservoirs---in so. MO. and no. AR, but w a quick look at maps, I'm not seeing a direct waterway connection between Cassville. MO. & Lost Bridge St. Park in AR.

Could be missing it.
I was thinking more about entering at the most northern arm of the lake to float with currents to where he was found. Very well could be dried up lake arms.

Hmmm...
My first guess is that he committed suicide; but if there's no weapon found...
What a sad outcome if it was self-harm.

Regardless, my utmost condolences to his loved ones.

I'm assuming they're conducting a thorough investigation as we type ?

Yes, and they're doing an autopsy.
It's a busy time for local LE - the beginning of vacation/tourist season.

I don't think it was John exiting the car. (blurry image)
I think it was the vehicle drop, they knew what they were doing...
Have LE said if John was FOUND in the clothes he was last seen in (leaving the hospital, going to his RV???)

Snipped...
...“We have the white vehicle leaving about 3 minutes after that and then 10 to 15 minutes after that, someone looking quite a bit like my brother, the image is a bit blurry, exiting his car,” Richard said. “The clothing he was wearing fits his last known description, [walked] around a bit and then walk away.”

According to his brother, the doctor "mentioned many times he was in danger" and had been "kidnapped" before??

WHY? Why was he in danger and why was he kidnapped before? And no police report re: previous kidnapping?

Really bizarre

I don't think it was John exiting the car. (blurry image)
I think it was the vehicle drop, they knew what they were doing...
Have LE said if John was FOUND in the clothes he was last seen in (leaving the hospital, going to his RV???)

Snipped...
...“We have the white vehicle leaving about 3 minutes after that and then 10 to 15 minutes after that, someone looking quite a bit like my brother, the image is a bit blurry, exiting his car,” Richard said. “The clothing he was wearing fits his last known description, [walked] around a bit and then walk away.”
I haven’t seen anything, although I’d think clothes are how they may have ID’d the body. I also suspected the person leaving the car may not have been him. They never say it was for sure him. I’ve been wondering if someone was waiting in the RV for him. There isn’t much information about surveillance other than the aquatic center and him walking towards the RV.

Oh noooo..... I just came here to see if there were any updates and saw the Title of thread has been changed...and my heart dropped.

I am heartbroken for you and your family @Brown bear

My condolences to you and your family.

We appreciate having you here with us and please know that we are all here for you.

“We’re devastated, especially at the nature of his passing,” Richard Forsyth said, adding that authorities haven’t given them more details about the investigation.

The last time the two brothers met in person was at dinner on Wednesday, May 17.

“I told him this is the happiest I’d seen him in a long time. His divorce was final May 11, and I think that gave him energy for the future,” Richard Forsyth said.

John Forsyth had recently gotten engaged to be married, his brother said, and his fiancée was the last known person to communicate with him, texting at around 7 a.m. on Sunday, May 21.

“I don’t believe it,” he said. “John would never do that. I won’t accept that possibility.”

“I’m grieving, I’m afraid,” his sister, Tiffany Andelin, wrote Monday, “and it feels like the world has tipped into sheer chaos.”
*eta:
Gina Forsyth-Farlaino said her brother was smart, confident, loved to help people and was devoted to his family. In the days since his disappearance, she said the family has heard at least three stories of people who he persuaded not to take their own lives. But Forsyth never mentioned those cases to his family, she recalled in an interview Wednesday from Price, Utah.

“I miss him terribly,” Forsyth-Farlaino said. “And I’m devastated that he’s not here.”

Last edited:
This article says Dr Forsyth's brother told LE that he had been kidnapped before.

According to the grieving brother, Forsyth was mysteriously kidnapped and released in February 2022.

Quote about a previous kidnapping:
Thank you for posting this. The only link I found had been deleted. It seems to me that this would have been a good time for JF, he had settled with his ex-wife, he was newly engaged and really didn't appear to have financial worries. Hard to understand committing suicide at this time in his life and he was soon going on a trip to see his family out west.

The new info on the mysterious kidnapping is so out there and if he was living in fear why didn't he go to LE for help? Who did he piss off so much that they would threaten and kidnap him?

ETA: I hope his family is being cautious, especially his brother.

All JMO

Hmmm...
My first guess is that he committed suicide; but if there's no weapon found...
What a sad outcome if it was self-harm.

Regardless, my utmost condolences to his loved ones.

I'm assuming they're conducting a thorough investigation as we type ?

I dont think this was suicide, 8 hour walk to where he was found. This is highly sus for foul play, why would he walk that far? I think the story of him being kidnapped is odd. Fox news story quotes his brother saying He was zip tied, taken to a bridge and made to feel unsafe. ?? Really odd

So his car and camper were unlocked with belongings inside, wallet etc. He stays in the camper while working, and his car was found at the aquatic center. Could someone have been waiting for him in the camper? Cassville, like every place on earth has a huge meth problem. Maybe he caught someone in the act of breaking into his camper. I’m curious about the white vehicle that is on the surveillance video.

I dont think this was suicide, 8 hour walk to where he was found. This is highly sus for foul play, why would he walk that far? I think the story of him being kidnapped is odd. Fox news story quotes his brother saying He was zip tied, taken to a bridge and made to feel unsafe. ?? Really odd
It would be a difficult walk, unless he followed the roads, which, would still be difficult in my mind. Very little flat ground in the area between Cassville and Beaver Lake, which is considered to be in the Ozark Mountains. It gets pretty hilly south of Cassville.

It would be interesting to see how long he had been in the water.

Temps from Time and Date dot com.

1685572568112.png

According to his brother, the doctor "mentioned many times he was in danger" and had been "kidnapped" before??

WHY? Why was he in danger and why was he kidnapped before? And no police report re: previous kidnapping?

Really bizarre
Does anyone know if his ex-wife, or his fiancee, has made any kind of statement?

I also have a feeling that crypto wasn't the only shady thing he was involved in.

Really bizarre
He and his brother reportedly owned a cryptocurrency company, and in some of the articles about JF being missing his brother mentioned they had made some enemies in the past while doing their business.

I think this seems to be foul play, unless he somehow owed a massive sum of money, or had way less than he had let on to the new fiance. One of the articles I read said he owed his new ex $19,000 per month in child support and alimony, although it also mentioned he didn't contest the divorce settlement, so he may have been able to swing that payment.

It would be a difficult walk, unless he followed the roads, which, would still be difficult in my mind. Very little flat ground in the area between Cassville and Beaver Lake, which is considered to be in the Ozark Mountains. It gets pretty hilly south of Cassville.

It would be interesting to see how long he had been in the water.

Temps from Time and Date dot com.

View attachment 425727
But he knew he had to be back at work for his shift at 7, and I dont think this was suicide. But, if it was then maybe he would have gone for a long walk, but I doubt it.

But he knew he had to be back at work for his shift at 7, and I dont think this was suicide. But, if it was then maybe he would have gone for a long walk, but I doubt it.
The distance to the lake is too far. The 2 lane roads going there are very narrow and winding, hilly. In many spots, there's very little shoulder to walk on. As someone else mentioned in a previous post, last weekend was Memorial Day and the lake and resort & camping areas around there were full. Probably a lot of traffic. If he had walked down there, someone would have seen him. It would have been unusual. The same situation would apply to his body in the lake. There were a lot of people down there boating, fishing, etc. Seems fairly likely someone would have seen his body.

He was missing for 9 days. Where was he during that time?

I've followed a few unusual suicide stories here at WS, so I'm not ruling anything out yet.

Another unusual detail was his car hidden at the maintenance lot at the aquatic center. One article mentioned it was parked behind a dumpster or something, where cars don't usually park. From cases I've read here at WS, people who are suicidal don't usually go to great lengths to hide their car. They usually just leave it in a parking lot, etc. In outdoor suicides, some will make sure to hide themselves, going far into the woods, etc. But their car is usually not of concern to them.

One example, George Zinkhan, a professor at Univ. of Georgia.

I agree with whomever posted they thought the scene on security cam of him leaving his car might have been staged. Not sure, but it seems somewhat possible.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member