Found Deceased MO - John Forsyth, 49, doctor, Mercy ER Clinic, Cassville, 21 May 2023 *car found*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there cooperation between cryptocurrency creators, or can they be in conflict at times?

"Forsyth’s death is the latest in a series of crypto founder deaths that have rocked the space in the last year. In 2022, Nikolai Mushegian, credited as one of the founders of MakerDAO, was found dead on a beach in Puerto Rico. However, there was no foul play found in relation to his death.

In early May 2023, Cash App founder Bob Lee was stabbed multiple times and died during surgery."​

Add to this Gerald Cotton, who died mysteriously in India in 2018 at age 30 (QuadrigaCX cryptocurrency).
With regards to your question, I am no expert, but I don't think there's conflict between different businesses in the crypto industry. It's like in the 70's and 80's, there were dozens of different kinds of computer brands, before Apple and Microsoft began to dominate.

I can't see any connections between these cases:

Bob Lee's case has a thread on here, his death was related to his personal life.

In the case of Gerald Cotton, the suspicion was not that he'd been murdered, but that he'd faked his own death. The mysterious death of a 30-yr-old conman who stole $215m in bitcoin

JMO

The one thing that stands out to me is he just got engaged. That might be a trigger for something. Jealousy, rage, even money if he were to get married.
Just a loose thread I noticed: his last message was reportedly to his fiance saying he'd see her soon, before he stopped answering her calls. Yet when he was reported missing, it was by the hospital the next day.

Just wondering what the fiance was thinking that first day/night.

With regards to your question, I am no expert, but I don't think there's conflict between different businesses in the crypto industry. It's like in the 70's and 80's, there were dozens of different kinds of computer brands, before Apple and Microsoft began to dominate.

I can't see any connections between these cases:

Bob Lee's case has a thread on here, his death was related to his personal life.

In the case of Gerald Cotton, the suspicion was not that he'd been murdered, but that he'd faked his own death. The mysterious death of a 30-yr-old conman who stole $215m in bitcoin

JMO
Turns out Gerald Cotton did not fake his own death, he really is dead age 30 in India from a mysterious gastrointestinal difficulty.

Cotton expected big 'wins' through moving digital money. He gambled and lost. After his death, his business account was hacked, it was empty. He had moved the money to other cryptocurrency accounts and only he had the information.

I'm curious. From the crypto creator's perspective, if an account is dormant for a period of, say, 3 years, can they claim the investment as their own? In 2018, Gerald Cotton's millions vanished into other crypto accounts. Who keeps the untraceable money when Cotton is dead?

Just a loose thread I noticed: his last message was reportedly to his fiance saying he'd see her soon, before he stopped answering her calls. Yet when he was reported missing, it was by the hospital the next day.

Just wondering what the fiance was thinking that first day/night.
He's an emergency room doctor, maybe it's not the first time he was expected soon but had to pull a double shift.

I wondered about this quote as well, but for a different reason. Other reports say the last time family spoke to him was at the beginning of his 7 AM shift.

What time did he arrive at the Aquatic Park? 8 or 12 hour shift?

I'm curious about the location of his vehicle. Did he drive there? Has he parked there before? Is there any CCTV of his trip between the hospital and the park?

The things we learn on Websleuths! I had no idea there are “mystery shoppers “ with Realtors!
Bankers are also subjected to "shoppers"
I have been in finance/Banking all my life and have been shopped by internal shoppers.
I have also been sent out to "shop" others, either in our own financial institution or a neighboring /competitive one.

evanmetre@ky3.com

ky3.com

June 1:
4:41:
-The autopsy is complete. The coroner isn’t giving details out yet that we don’t know (ie: gunshot wound).
-The coroner also brought up that there are a lot of rumors going on— be cautious before you believe what you’re hearing. What happened… where the gunshot wound was… how long he was in the water. hasn’t been released by any official on the case.
2:42pm:
-The Benton County Sheriff’s office had no updates. The Deputy I’m working with has not seen the report from the coroner yet. I’m hopeful we will have something end of day.
-Yesterday evening family of Dr. Forsyth we’re visited by law officials for updates. I’m hoping to touch base with family today to see how everyone is doing.

LE is saying he died by homicide per SillyBilly's post above.
no they said they are investigating it as a homicide

Not only that, but the brother said LE told him they're investigating it as a homicide.

John Forsyth’s brother, Richard Forsyth, spoke with authorities in Arkansas yesterday who told him they are investigating Forsyth’s death as a homicide

Yes, IIRC, it is protocol for police to always assume homicide when the determination is still uncertain (ie could potentially be suicide).

They can't wait a few days until a coroner makes the determination of homicide, before collecting clues. If it was murder, those clues won't sit around and wait. Also, any evidence that turns up pointing to homicide will help make the determination.

This was what happened, if anyone followed Debbie Collier's case. They aggressively pursued the possibility of homicide, but then ruled it out.

JMO

Last edited:

In a statement to The Daily Beast, a spokesperson for the Cassville Police Department in Missouri reportedly said that investigators were still uncertain as to whether foul play was involved in Forsythe’s death or if the fatal gunshot wound was self-inflicted, saying it was “too early in the investigation.” The department added that investigators are waiting for the results of an autopsy before making any determinations.

It surprises me that if he had, in fact, been kidnapped previously and lived in concern if not real fear from someone, that he continued to live in the RV and didn't seem to change his lifestyle for safety. MOO MOO MOO

Last edited:
“He had no guns,” Richard Forsyth said. “I talked to him about that. He didn’t want to have a gun.”

“We need to get to the bottom of this,” Richard said. “We need to find out what happened. We’re not satisfied with just that he was found. This kind of barbaric behavior has to be uncovered. We, this has to be dealt with.”

“We have the white vehicle leaving about 3 minutes after that and then 10 to 15 minutes after that, someone looking quite a bit like my brother, the image is a bit blurry, exiting his car,” Richard said. “The clothing he was wearing fits his last known description, [walked] around a bit and then walk away.”
*eta:
“At this point, it looks like he was abducted and killed and thrown into a lake,” Richard said. “Just looking at it from my point of view, that’s what it seems like.”

Last edited:
He's an emergency room doctor, maybe it's not the first time he was expected soon but had to pull a double shift.

I wondered about this quote as well, but for a different reason. Other reports say the last time family spoke to him was at the beginning of his 7 AM shift.

What time did he arrive at the Aquatic Park? 8 or 12 hour shift?

I'm curious about the location of his vehicle. Did he drive there? Has he parked there before? Is there any CCTV of his trip between the hospital and the park?

He texted his fiancée that morning at about 7 a.m., and said he would see her later, his brother Richard Forsyth told CNN. He stopped replying to messages after that.

He didn't show up for his afternoon shift, his brother told The Daily Beast.
*what time did his afternoon shift start?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998