Found Deceased MO - John Forsyth, 49, doctor, Mercy ER Clinic, Cassville, 21 May 2023 *car found*

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's interesting that the couple divorced and remarried twice.
"Dr. John Forsyth, 49, was last seen alive on May 21, when security cameras in the parking lot of a public pool in Cassville show him getting into a vehicle, after leaving his own car unlocked with his wallet, two phones, a laptop and other items inside. That’s according to his brother, Richard Forsyth, who said the doctor had texted his new fiancee that morning saying he would see her soon." ( From the ap news article I am replying to just above)

I read earlier in this thread IMO that the day he went missing, his car pulls into the aquatic park and then shortly after another car pulls in closeby. Iirc the car that pulled up after him was described as a White SVU. This article indicates, that per brother Richard, securlty cameras have John getting into a vehicle. I wonder if the Whiite SVU was that car?

Earlier upthread there was also a news video at the park IMO. That reporter indicated that the area the car was found in was closeby to the soccer fields - and that it isn't a busy area unless there are a bunch pf soccer games going on. Did he voluntarily get in to the other car in this quiet area/ did he leave all his possession in the car thinking he was just going to give/take something from the person/people in the car. And circumstances changed. IMO the RV was also left unlocked. If he lived with the finacee IMO he may not have much of value inside and may offer it to other staff to use too to catch a nap between shifts etc - or in a town of 3000 maybe everybody leaves their doors unlocked ?

Also odd IMO that his ex and kids live in Idaho. He has been a doc here in the Aurora area for 20 yrs ish. And yes a little different that the couple married twice and divorced twice in a pretty short span of time. And the last divorce said to be amicable.

Lots of moving parts and many scenarios with this one.
I hope if LE has identified the car he got into and that they are well into unraveling things.
Tragic
ALL IMO

"Dr. John Forsyth, 49, was last seen alive on May 21, when security cameras in the parking lot of a public pool in Cassville show him getting into a vehicle, after leaving his own car unlocked with his wallet, two phones, a laptop and other items inside. That’s according to his brother, Richard Forsyth, who said the doctor had texted his new fiancee that morning saying he would see her soon." ( From the ap news article I am replying to just above)

I read earlier in this thread IMO that the day he went missing, his car pulls into the aquatic park and then shortly after another car pulls in closeby. Iirc the car that pulled up after him was described as a White SVU. This article indicates, that per brother Richard, securlty cameras have John getting into a vehicle. I wonder if the Whiite SVU was that car?

Earlier upthread there was also a news video at the park IMO. That reporter indicated that the area the car was found in was closeby to the soccer fields - and that it isn't a busy area unless there are a bunch pf soccer games going on. Did he voluntarily get in to the other car in this quiet area/ did he leave all his possession in the car thinking he was just going to give/take something from the person/people in the car. And circumstances changed. IMO the RV was also left unlocked. If he lived with the finacee IMO he may not have much of value inside and may offer it to other staff to use too to catch a nap between shifts etc - or in a town of 3000 maybe everybody leaves their doors unlocked ?

Also odd IMO that his ex and kids live in Idaho. He has been a doc here in the Aurora area for 20 yrs ish. And yes a little different that the couple married twice and divorced twice in a pretty short span of time. And the last divorce said to be amicable.

I hope if LE has identified the car he got into and that they are well into unraveling things.
Tragic
ALL IMO
That account of him "getting into" the white SUV is different than earlier media reports, which was that an unclear image of him was seen, after the SUV left, getting out of his car, walking around a bit, then walking away.

JMO

Why do you think he left his car and RV unlocked with all his important stuff?

Do you think he went to the aquatic park to meet someone and the meeting unexpectedly went bad?

I do think things went south there at the aquatic park. I think he got into the white tahoe for a chat - the temperature on Saturday has a high of 56 and Sunday (the early morning) it would still have been cool. So maybe he went to sit in the car to not be in the chilly weather.

IF it was, in fact, him getting into the car. It's said the video was crap quality, so it's possible it was just someone who looked like Johnny. Who knows, though.

We also don't know that Johnny was the person who left the RV unlocked. All we know is that it was unlocked --- maybe he didn't lock his trailer when he thought he would be right back? Maybe someone was in the trailer after the aquatic park? Heck, it's possible someone else was in the trailer the night before and left it unlocked when they left.

If he was planning on leaving and chose to leave the RV unlocked, why would he also leave his keys in his unlocked car? he could have just left the keys and then when they were found, his RV could have been unlocked. It's redundant to leave it unlocked and also leave keys to it.

In my mind, there is too many unknowns from LE and about Johnny's habits to make a clear call on why he would do that.

Tragic
ALL IMO
I'm not sure I read any account that says he got into the white SUV. But the video image has been reported as blurry. So I don't think we really know what happened.

Regarding where his ex and kids lived, I don't really know where they lived as the kids were growing up. Perhaps the family lived in Missouri but some of the kids moved to Utah and Idaho as young adults. I don't know where his ex and younger kids live.

Thank you.

From the article...

LE has consistently said they will not make any comment until their investigation is done. So I will somewhat patiently wait for more announcements or action by them.

waiting-bored.gif
Just to be clear (and too late to edit my original post), I am not trying to be flippant. It's about being frustrated in waiting for answers. I can't imagine what John's family is going through. This must be absolutely devastating to them.

I hope they find the answers they are looking for.

loving <hugs> from a stranger

A very good question. It is 48 miles between Cassville MO and Beaver Lake AK, where his body was found.

I don't believe he walked it.. So how did he get from Cassville to Beaver Lake?

JMO
I agree that walking from Cassville Aquatic Park to Lost Bridge South Park doesn't make sense. According the Google, the walking distance is 25.6 miles.

Why do you think he left his car and RV unlocked with all his important stuff?

Do you think he went to the aquatic park to meet someone and the meeting unexpectedly went bad?

The CNN article mentions a white SUV pulling up behind him shortly after he arrived - what it doesn't mention is, was anyone else in the car with him?

I think it is plausible this was a robbery, hence why everything was left unlocked. Late at night - could have been taken to an ATM, obviously interesting to see what his phone and bank records state. Was he a victim of his routine/pattern, did he recognize someone involved, etc.? If he was being robbed though, and no one else was in his vehicle...I can't imagine why he wouldn't try to use his cell phone to call or text for help.

The robbers wouldn't want to take his cell phone or any of his identifying documents - it mentions his wallet was left behind, but not if any cash was left in it, etc. The way his personal possessions were left behind, RV unlocked, and a vehicle pulling up behind him shortly after him, etc. leads me in that direction.

Just basing my estimate on this,
48 miles by highway.

Even at 26 miles, I don't think he walked to his death. IMO, there is at least someone else involved in his death.

JMO
In my opinion, Vresia's distance estimate is more accurate to the place where JRF's body was found. Your map shows a route that goes around the end of the lake and to the south side. That's not where he was found and it is not nearly as close to Cassville. I just wanted to point this out to others who might look at both maps/routes.

And I agree with you that it seems unlikely that he walked 26 miles, but this case is strange and I'm not discounting anything at this point. I don't believe he was in the water shortly after he was last seen. I have no idea where he might have been for the time immediately/shortly after his disappearance. Was he holed up somewhere? Was he being held somewhere? Was he walking aimlessly?

I'm trying to keep up with Richard's statements.

Missouri doctor John Forsyth last seen getting into mystery car before being found dead in lake: brother

Security cameras show Dr. John Forsyth entering the car in the parking lot of a public pool in Cassville, Missouri on May 21, his brother, Richard Forsyth, told The Associated Press.

After entering the unknown car, Forsyth apparently got out before the driver left the parking lot.

His brother had previously told the Daily Beast, citing police, the surveillance video showed Forsyth walking around in the parking lot about “10 to 15 minutes” after the car left.

1685763745259.png

Time Lapse w "Amicable" Split? Where was Divorce Petition Filed?
....On May 10 of this year, a judge ordered Forsyth to pay his ex-wife $3,999 in child support a month, plus another $15,000 a month.
Missouri court records show he was married and divorced twice to the same woman between 1995 and 2022. Both his brother and Ryan Ricketts, the ex-wife’s divorce attorney, say the split was amicable.
The pair initially married in Clark County, Nevada. He filed for divorce in April 2019 but the couple remarried in July 2020 in Greene County, Missouri. Court records show that the woman filed a second divorce petition in April 2022, in Lawrence County, Missouri.....
snipped for focus @gliving Thanks for your post, w good points about questions remaining. A couple things caught my attn.

1. Time Lapse. April 2022 divorce petition was filed; May 10, 2023, judge ordered Dr. F to pay ChSupt & continuing payments to ex-wife. A YEAR + elapsed in this "amicable" split?
Maybe the split itself was AMICABLE, but $ agreement/ negotiations were not.
There may be legit reasons for ChSupt, PropDiv., other $ matters to take time in amicable split (e.g. wait for house to be listed, to sell, to close), but a year seems longish if it was a $$$ "amicable" split imo. IDK.
And consider one of the sources---her divorce atty.

2. Jurisdiction. Petition was filed in Lawrence County, Missouri. Had Dr. F. or his then-wife been residing in that co. at time of filing? Per below,* one or other should have been.
Was Dr. F. actually living in RV at or near hosp. in Cassville in Barry Co. or elsewhere, maybe in Lawrence Co?
Not saying anything about RV living there (if he was) was inappropriate. Then-wife may have been Lawrence Co. resident at the time. Per a post here, seems she &(some?) kids now live in another state.
(Online legal directories show Ricketts' law offices in Marionville, Lawrence Co.)

Neither point may be of any significance whatsoever. Just caught my attn.
Petition to be filed in county where "petitioner resides or in the county in which the respondent resides....
452.305. ... for "ninety days immediately preceding the commencement of the proceeding."

Last edited:
It seems to me, by leaving the RV unlocked, then leaving his car unlocked with phones, laptop, and briefcase he was sending a message by doing the exact opposite of normal behavior. He wanted people to know and know right away that he did not voluntarily leave.

As bad as this sounds, I am guessing if they look into his crypto business at people who suffered major loses, you'll find who the perpetrator is. Crypto is sketchy and I am guessing some one lost a lot of money or someone was not able to cash out.

It seems to me, by leaving the RV unlocked, then leaving his car unlocked with phones, laptop, and briefcase he was sending a message by doing the exact opposite of normal behavior. He wanted people to know and know right away that he did not voluntarily leave.
That was my initial thought, then I caught myself not locking my door when I was just running around the corner quickly the other day. I thought I always locked my doors and people will probably tell you I always lock my door, but apparently, sometimes when I only expect to be gone a couple minutes I don't. There are always variables and exceptions to the rule. Not everything that seems abnormal really is.

I think he had a phone on him and called an Uber or Taxi. How easy is it to buy a gun in MO and AR? Maybe that is what he was doing if he wasn't dead right after disappearing.

He was found on the bank of the lake, correct? I would think someone disposing of a body would put it out in the water, otherwise what is the point of dumping at a lake? I'm very much thinking suicide. The only part I can't make sense of, is where is the gun if he took his life on the bank?

I don't think we have enough factual information to really know what happened. I'm sorry that his family will have to wait so long for answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong