Found Deceased MO - John Forsyth, 49, doctor, Mercy ER Clinic, Cassville, 21 May 2023 *car found*

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I read that in the beginning of the case, my arms truly did do that amazing tingling thing they do, when surprised. First thoughts, were "Is he Mormon?". I didn't know at that time, but certainly, living in MO, a spiritual Mormon center, made me wonder. Did find out he was Mormon relatively quickly.

I did think about how soooo many MLM's are owned by Mormons, how Utah is the MLM capital of the world, and how there might be many disgruntled people "out there", in the MLM world. Think "Luluroe".

It is a question that I asked myself as soon as I started reading the article. Many things would prompt the question. But what is pertinent - if I am not wrong, a letter or a note in case of a suicide is a must in LDS? Of course there will be exceptions, but absence of a suicide note might indicates a foul play vs suicide (staged as foul play) to me. If Dr. Forsyth was LDS. Even a lapsed one.

I just do not see suicide as a genuine option.

I just don't think he walked to the lake.
It's been reported he hated guns and did not own one.
No suicide letter that been found -- LE first said he was gone on his own, and now homicide is still on the table.

I think someone wants you to think it could have been suicide but IMHO what we know does not support that. Thus far.

Edited to add: the idea that a whole year ago he made up some kidnap situation to cover for his own suicide over a year later is just unrealistic

Personality-wise, I can imagine in being a suicide. A brilliant man whose life starts accelerating before the disappearance - what does it remind you of? A divorce, work, an engagement, lots of activities and plans, it all indicates some impulsivity... and then a precipitous descent. It is not impossible.

However, when money is involved, and it seems, big money, of the type not easily traced, and there are many people in his life, with conflicting interests, the chance of a homicide vs suicide becomes 50/50.

(It is not like: a safe full of dollars, and no will. It is cryptocurrency invented to be intraceable.)

I missed the part of a smashed cell phone. Did LE release this information?
I believe that info originated here:

"Sgt. Donnie Privett, with the Cassville Police Department, said a cell phone with a cracked screen was located in the vehicle, and two additional cell phones were recovered at Forsyth’s motor home parked at Mercy Cassville. A laptop was also recovered, and Cassville Police are running forensics on all devices."

Certainly a puzzling case, the timing has to play a role in his death. Recently divorced, recently engaged. IMO his passing was not random.
Looking back at the Rhoden Family case the murders were over a paternity case, wondering if there are any parallels here.
<modsnip>
This is all my opinion only.

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe that info originated here:

"Sgt. Donnie Privett, with the Cassville Police Department, said a cell phone with a cracked screen was located in the vehicle, and two additional cell phones were recovered at Forsyth’s motor home parked at Mercy Cassville. A laptop was also recovered, and Cassville Police are running forensics on all devices."
So at least 3 cell phones... I could certainly see having one just for hospital work, and one for personal use. The third one is intriguing to me.

So at least 3 cell phones... I could certainly see having one just for hospital work, and one for personal use. The third one is intriguing to me.

The interview with Pascal that Richard gave said Johnny always had two work phone --- one got service in areas the second one did not, and vise versa. He had both so he was sure to always have a signal and be contactable.

If someone else has his key code and has taken control of those assets, would anyone know?

If I invested into cryptocurrency, in other words, used someone's invention meant to make money untraceable, sure.

But Dr. F was the man who organized such thing for others. I'd assume, character-wise, he'd be spending a lot of time to make his own assets five times less traceable. And he'd be investing a lot of time into it. He probably had a very good memory, too, and relied on it a lot.

There is an analogy of human memory I use. In 19th century, writing desks were made with hidden drawers. Unknowingly, I have bought a modern replica of such a table. Once, important papers disappeared from the drawer. After giving 3d degree to all housemates and doing a lot of thinking, i called a furniture store asking about a possible hidden drawer, and how the heck to find it without axing the table. (Eventually, I found a trove of stuff in it, as with time, papers were falling into that capacity. Not a well-made table it was).

Human memory is like it too. We shelve information. We use passwords. If we have photographic memory when young (I suspect Dr. Forsyth had at least excellent one), we rely on it more and organize less. After we reach the age of 29, our body starts slowly aging. If we use no meds, we notice the changes by mid-50es. On meds or substances, things might happen faster. Worst are the meds causing anomia, then we might suddenly forget passwords. We might forget about hidden drawers of our memory, too. Hidden wallets. But if we are impulsive or prone to different moods, small surprise we might accidentally share the passwords/information with someone we trust. We might not be with these people any longer, or forget they know, but they don't forget anything.

JMO, there probably are tons of hidden wallets in Dr. F's life. If he divorced and remarried, there might have been someone in his life in between. I think he might have shared information with different people he'd trust in his life.

If he agreed to the terms of the divorce and then lapsed on payments, something might have happened. JMO. Find why he lapsed, and this might be the beginning of the thread leading to the end.

Just my opinion. I don't know much about cryptocurrency at all.

RIP, Dr. Forsyth. He looks like an attractive man on the photos. Definitely he was an outstanding man. Regardless of his hobbies or job or the way he organized his life, I suspect he was warm-hearted, maybe a tad spontaneous. I hope this case will be solved.

Doesn't surprise me at all. Especially if they are from different providers. Even coverage inside the country or abroad might prompt a different line/phone.

Doesn't surprise me at all. Especially if they are from different providers. Even coverage inside the country or abroad might prompt a different line/phone.

I have family that lives farther east in the Ozarks. Can confirm that cell phone coverage varies greatly. Verizon may work in one area and TMobile in another. It's Missouri. Internet service in most areas is also poor.

Crypto keys can be stored in 'hot wallets' or 'cold wallets'. Hot wallets are web-based. Cold wallets are thing like a USB, -memory stick - or smart card. Cold wallets are somewhat safer because it's not internet based so can't be hacked. But a memory stick can be stolen.

Need to know how John kept his keys. Did he keep them on a memory stick in his RV? MOO

So essentially, people might have several wallets?

Is it customary for someone to (sorry for a newbie question) rent a bank box and keep the cold wallet there?

The question is multi-prong. Actually, the bank boxes aren't safe as I found out. But if there is a cold wallet it might be encrypted too?

So essentially, people might have several wallets?

Is it customary for someone to (sorry for a newbie question) rent a bank box and keep the cold wallet there?

The question is multi-prong. Actually, the bank boxes aren't safe as I found out. But if there is a cold wallet it might be encrypted too?

Having multiple wallets would be pretty common amongst crypto enthusiasts. If you're making frequent transactions that a hot wallet is much more convenient than a cold one, but is also more vulnerable to hacking.

Users may even have multiple hot and cold wallets. Because transactions to a wallet can be monitored, you may want to use multiple wallets to make your crypto holdings less obvious and to obfuscate your purchases and sales. Additionally, you can split your holdings among wallets so a hack will only cost you a portion of your stash.

Having multiple wallets would be pretty common amongst crypto enthusiasts. If you're making frequent transactions that a hot wallet is much more convenient than a cold one, but is also more vulnerable to hacking.

Users may even have multiple hot and cold wallets. Because transactions to a wallet can be monitored, you may want to use multiple wallets to make your crypto holdings less obvious and to obfuscate your purchases and sales. Additionally, you can split your holdings among wallets so a hack will only cost you a portion of your stash.

Thank you very much.

From your standpoint, a person who is not the user but a company owner, with a certain psychological traits to be interested in it, would he be expected to diversify his bitcoin portfolio to the max, so to say?

I'd expect him to. Maybe try different new things, ideas, not sit on one.

Also: I don't expect the person to keep cold wallets in one home safe. Probably in different places too. Maybe even in different states.

If the police is not sure if it is Dr. F they see on the last video, it still must be a person resembling him... is there someone looking like him among the people he knows?

In my mind: same situation applies to any banks. A person resembling Dr. F walks into a bank, shows a fake ID (having rented a box, I can say, no one really looks at you - and it was "my" bank! The security is meh, but they have to journal the visits!), and pulls out some cold wallets?

They are probably encrypted? This is where Dr. F's head is needed.

He is abducted, the password is found out, then there needs to be some time to check...(a computer, right? Or an IPad? Or is it one of phone memory sticks?) If the password fits, Dr. is not needed.

Phones in the vicinity of Dr. F's phones?

Safes in hospital?

Perhaps one of the phones, or several, were being used as hot wallet(s) for transactional purposes. I would assume JF had a hardware wallet as well maybe a few of them.

I’m learning about cryptocurrency with this thread.

What happened with the coins with the keys involved that he created? I know some were compromised. But in a video he said he was going to create gold coins. Gold, cryptocurrency and untraceable diamonds tend to factor into many crimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Janewiththedogs