Found Deceased MO - John Forsyth, 49, doctor, Mercy ER Clinic, Cassville, 21 May 2023 *car found*

Status
Not open for further replies.
From your standpoint, a person who is not the user but a company owner, with a certain psychological traits to be interested in it, would he be expected to diversify his bitcoin portfolio to the max, so to say?

There are a million different ways to hold crypto and there are also a million different hacks and scams to steal it.

I couldn't even begin to speculate on how the doctor managed his holdings. Some enthusiasts are prudent to the point of paranoia while others act recklessly and put their money at grave risk.

I believe that info originated here:

"Sgt. Donnie Privett, with the Cassville Police Department, said a cell phone with a cracked screen was located in the vehicle, and two additional cell phones were recovered at Forsyth’s motor home parked at Mercy Cassville. A laptop was also recovered, and Cassville Police are running forensics on all devices."
Thank you. That’s a big difference regarding a cracked screen.

I've been thinking about a possible kidnapping and having someone watching him head from the hospital to his RV. I had originally thought his RV was parked immediately beside the hospital so that an abduction there would be difficult. But it turns out he didn't park RIGHT beside the hospital but across a road and over a slight hill in a less visible spot.

Mercy Hospital Cassville · 94 Main St, Cassville, MO 65625

You can see it in the satellite image on the center left while the hospital is on the right. If you go to street view you will see that it is difficult to see that parking spot from the road behind the hospital (Gravel St). (Street view is from 10 years ago so the RV isn't there in that view.)

RJ Forsyth RV parking spot.JPG

I believe that's where he was parked the day he went missing because the report points out the location in this news video:

Police reveal a cause of death for Cassville, Mo., doctor; body found in Beaver Lake

It hasn't been mentioned on this thread, but 2022 was the year of the crypto company collapse. Many people stored their crypto on exchanges where they were promised huge monthly interest in exchange for holding their coins. Several: Celsius, Voyager, Luna, and FTX among them, collapsed because the founders were gambling with users crypto and paying returns from new users' coins. When the crypto prices bottomed out, the exchanges were left majorly in the red. They declared bankruptcy, with users coins long spent. Users were left with nothing.

It's quite possible that JF lost vast sums of money in the crypto collapse. Some people lost everything and even took their own lives. He may have not wanted to admit that he lost his fortune, hence not fighting his court ordered payments. Just one possibility of many in this puzzling case.

I guess there’s no info available about the first kidnapping in 2022, as He apparently didn’t file a police report. It wouldn’t be a surprise if there’s a connection, IMO.
What on earth was going on.

“Previously, Forsyth’s brother told Fox News that the doctor was kidnapped during a February 2022 incident in which he was zip-tied, driven to a bridge, and threatened. He said his brother was released, but he never filed a police report because he still feared for his safety.”

The kidnapping story seems like it came right out of a thriller novel. As far as I am aware, no evidence that the kidnapping took place (other than “hearsay”) has been released to the public. I am curious whether the police will find any evidence to corroborate the story. Obviously, if the story is true, that would lead to clear suspects.

RSBM
(It is not like: a safe full of dollars, and no will. It is cryptocurrency invented to be intraceable.)
Fun fact: A number of cryptocurrencies, including Bitcoin, maintain public ledgers with all activity involving the cryptocurrency visible to the public and traceable by law enforcement. If they are able to identify his Bitcoin wallet ID (likely his brother would know), they will get a trove of information.

RSBM...fwiw...

Snipped...
...Online court records show Forsyth settled a wrongful death lawsuit against him in Lawrence County, Missouri, in March 2022, but the settlement terms were confidential.

He was initially named as a defendant in a wrongful death case, also in Lawrence County, in 2006. But he and another doctor were dismissed from the case before a local hospital settled the case for $100,000.

Another fun fact about crypto...

There are several "stashes" which are infamous blocks if you will that are known to be stolen/confiscated. The largest is 700 million. The US government seized I think something like 250 million from silk road (there are still 400k btc in dread pirate Roberts wallet that had not been recovered as of 2013...they would be worth over a trillion dollars at today's value!). As I understand it some of these "stolen" coins recirculate.

All of it is identifiable I believe because of addresses in the block chain.

The most famous stash is Satoshi's original wallet. The creator of btc he put the first btc blocks he mined in the first wallet and I think I've read that they are still there. As of Jan 2023 Satoshi is worth 18.5 billion dollars.

Last edited:
Thank you. That’s a big difference regarding a cracked screen.

from the linked article

Sgt. Donnie Privett, with the Cassville Police Department, said a cell phone with a cracked screen was located in the vehicle, and two additional cell phones were recovered at Forsyth’s motor home parked at Mercy Cassville. A laptop was also recovered, and Cassville Police are running forensics on all devices.

Also, his 2 personal phones were found in his motor home, not his car.

I've double-checked a lot of media reports and there's a bit of confusion of the facts. I'd try to clean things up a little, but am busy tomorrow. I'll see what I can do.

Last edited:
I've been thinking about a possible kidnapping and having someone watching him head from the hospital to his RV. I had originally thought his RV was parked immediately beside the hospital so that an abduction there would be difficult. But it turns out he didn't park RIGHT beside the hospital but across a road and over a slight hill in a less visible spot.

Mercy Hospital Cassville · 94 Main St, Cassville, MO 65625

You can see it in the satellite image on the center left while the hospital is on the right. If you go to street view you will see that it is difficult to see that parking spot from the road behind the hospital (Gravel St). (Street view is from 10 years ago so the RV isn't there in that view.)

View attachment 426620

I believe that's where he was parked the day he went missing because the report points out the location in this news video:

Police reveal a cause of death for Cassville, Mo., doctor; body found in Beaver Lake

That's another article that says his car was found with two phones and laptop inside. The quote from LE says the phones were found at his motor home.

Here's the streetview from your Google Maps view. It's from 2013 and his motor home isn't parked there, but you can see the walkway from a back door from the hospital, across the street to the parking lot.

General question: what difference would it mean - what would change - where the phones were? The phones (however many) seem to be all found relatively close by.

Was his 'regular phone' (primary/main phone) found in the car? or is it missing?

That's another article that says his car was found with two phones and laptop inside. The quote from LE says the phones were found at his motor home.

Here's the streetview from your Google Maps view. It's from 2013 and his motor home isn't parked there, but you can see the walkway from a back door from the hospital, across the street to the parking lot.

Here's a screen capture from your particular street view. If you see the silver SUV, slightly to the left, in the back parking lot, and look past it you will see the roof of a low-rise light brown building through the trees. The RV was parked immediately to the right of it. Due to the knoll, you can't see the area. (Note that the building in the center is actually further back than it appears. It is a low-rise apartment building that has a view of the RV spot partially blocked by trees.) The net message is that the RV would not have been visible from the back entrance of the hospital. I presume that the 'back' parking lot did have a partial view. And I presume that there was a shift change at 7 am. So it's possible that someone was departing or arriving at the lot at the time Dr Forsyth was heading to his RV. But that lot looks sparsely used.

View from Mercy Hospital - Cassville MO.JPG

And here is a view of his RV from the news report that I mentioned:

1685933159148.png

Last edited:
Here's a screen capture from your particular street view. If you see the silver SUV, slightly to the left, in the back parking lot, and look past it you will see the roof of a low-rise light brown building through the trees. The RV was parked immediately to the right of it. Due to the knoll, you can't see the area. (Note that the building in the center is actually further back than it appears. It is a low-rise apartment building that has a view of the RV spot partially blocked by trees.) The net message is that the RV would not have been visible from the back entrance of the hospital. I presume that the 'back' parking lot did have a partial view. And I presume that there was a shift change at 7 am. So it's possible that someone was departing or arriving at the lot at the time Dr Forsyth was heading to his RV. But that lot looks sparsely used.

View attachment 426647

And here is a view of his RV from the news report that I mentioned:

View attachment 426649
Thank you for pointing that out! He probably parked back there for some quiet and privacy from all the street traffic.

Unfortunateliy, it’s isolated, too. Unlikely anyone from the hospital would have known if he was having a problem.

JF seemed to have a good relationship with his children. Would he commit suicide without giving the crypto key to a trusted family member?

I missed the part of a smashed cell phone. Did LE release this information?
Smashed phone was in the car along with other personal items: keys, laptop, and weren't the keys to his RV inside his car. Possibly all of his keys on a ring together - even tho he didn't bother to lock the RV - bc he thought he would be coming back and returning to his RV.

John may have been duped into giving up anything while at the SUV. Esp, if faced with a deadly weapon. He could have been catfished to the location where his Infiniti was found behind the fence at the dead end of the street. <modsnip - "fact" posted with no link available after request>

Did you hear the older son speak to a reporter; the only one that has? He loves his father but they didn't comm often. He said he'd had a tough last semester and just didn't chat with dad until one time recently. This victim possessed delightful social skills but he was complicated.

There's no doubt he loved his children. Maybe he loved everything: his job, the nurses, his large family, math everyday, ex wives, working always working, his children, crypto, busy, ya know.

JMO I don't know what happened.

Last edited by a moderator:
Personality-wise, I can imagine in being a suicide. A brilliant man whose life starts accelerating before the disappearance - what does it remind you of? A divorce, work, an engagement, lots of activities and plans, it all indicates some impulsivity... and then a precipitous descent. It is not impossible.
A divorce matches with the new engagement. This is beginning of a beautiful life.
However, when money is involved, and it seems, big money, of the type not easily traced, and there are many people in his life, with conflicting interests, the chance of a homicide vs suicide becomes 50/50.
No way can I believe he took himself willingly to Lake Beaver to off himself with a gunshot. He didn't even own a gun. Would he know how to shoot one? We don't know if he was a multi millionaire or close to flat out broke. I feel it's the former: He had Bitcoin. He'd had it for years.
(It is not like: a safe full of dollars, and no will. It is cryptocurrency invented to be intraceable.)
Crypto can essentially be traced but can go into that topic if it proves prudent. Part of the security in JRF's company OnFO was that it did not charge fee to "earn" a crypto code. One requires an invitation. The keys in the invitations allowed those to have access to purchasing OnFo. When you purchase OnFo, whomever gave you their invitation key, would gain/benefit from your monetary investment. And, so on and so forth.

JMHOO
Taking advantage of innocence is why they approached youth and college age students. Promise the sky is the limit!

If you had a hardware wallet with a thousand btc on it you would have 25 million dollars...on one small handheld electronic device. Sounds very dangerous to me!
Consider the billionaires who possess stacks of virtual Bitcoin. Their investments are safe just as mine are. Dr Forsythe, I don't think, had issues with the security of his own Bitcoin investments dating decades back. The doctor was wealthy enough and brilliant enough to develop a new cryptocurrency marketed as ONFO. That's the company he had issues with that may or may not have included a zipting of the Dr. in 2022.

<modsnip - posting a "fact" without being willing to provide a link>

JMHOO

I have almost zero understanding about cryptocurrency, it just makes no sense to me. This puts it in fairly simple terms, FYI.

Interesting fact:

“The market value of cryptocurrencies is very volatile—their worth can go up and down quickly.

In 2010, someone bought 2 pizzas for 10,000 BTC, worth $30. That same pizza purchase would have cost $687,900,000 in November 2021 (bitcoin's all-time high) and $192,709,000 today (September 2022).”

<modsnip - quoted post was snipped for not providing a link to something posted as fact>

I'm still not sure whether he got in the car. News reports on that have been conflicting. Same with the cell phones, 1 says only the cracked phone was found in the car, the other two were at his RV.

If I get some time, I'm going to try to research it a little more and find some LE quotes.

Here's a Law and Crime article that seems fairly well sourced, not perfect\

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members