MO MO - Kansas City, George Rd, WhtFem 32-52, UP5310, in remote area, PMI: 2 weeks, May'81

The post-mortem details state the bones showed signs of "degenerative osteoarthritic changes".
Which to me, means an older person. Aged approx. late 50's at a minimum, as generally speaking degenerative osteoarthritis doesn't start much before then?

MOO.

If this person were, say, anorexic or malnourished- their bones could look that way, or osteoporotic, at any age.

The post-mortem details state the bones showed signs of "degenerative osteoarthritic changes".
Which to me, means an older person. Aged approx. late 50's at a minimum, as generally speaking degenerative osteoarthritis doesn't start much before then?

MOO.

And degenerative osteoarthritis in the spine can be present in someone as young as 25 years- it depends on a lot of factors.

So, interesting fact- I have this condition (diagnosed at age 35) and it is a condition found more commonly in East Asians.

Ossification of the Ligamentum Flavum

If you don't mind sharing, what are the implications of the condition? Like would people who knew her have seen any visible symptoms or changes?

If you don't mind sharing, what are the implications of the condition? Like would people who knew her have seen any visible symptoms or changes?

The only way I discovered this was from a CT scan I had prior to cervical spine surgery. There was no way to know this from just looking at or observing me.

826UFMO - Unidentified Female
No_Image_Available_female.jpg

Date of Discovery: May 16, 1981
Location of Discovery: Kansas City, Jackson County, Missouri
Estimated Date of Death: Two weeks prior to discovery
State of Remains: Partial Skeletal - one or both hands missing
Cause of Death: Unknown

Physical Description
Estimated Age: 33-45 years old
Race: White
Sex: Female
Height: 5'5", Estimated.
Weight: Unknown
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Unknown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Bilateral depressed skull fractures. Fracture lines into occipital, frontal, sphenoid, maxillae and right palatine bones. Possible pre-mortem bleeding into the right sigmoid sinus. Degenerative osteoarthtritic changes of the right TMJ. Old periosteal reaction of left zygomatic. Moderate periodontic and alveolar resorbtion in maxillae and mandible. Slight to moderate osteoarthritic changes in the vertebral column: primarily as ossified ligamentum flavum attachments, well healed fractures of left ribs (8-9-10), anterior compression fracture of the tenth thoracic vertebra. Nasal septum deviation to left probably causing some nasal assymetry, assymetry in heights of orbits - the right being 1-2 mm higher than the left.

Identifiers
Dentals: Available. Reparative work noted. All first premolars and third molars absent.
Fingerprints: Not Available.
DNA: Not available at the Medical Examiner's Office. Remains were buried. Police may have a specimen for DNA sampling.

Clothing & Personal Items
Clothing: None
Jewelry: None
Additional Personal Items: None

Circumstances of Discovery
A person looking for firewood in a desolate area discovered the remains of the victim on George Road, just north of Noland Road. Afraid that dogs would carry off the remains, the person put the remains in a box and took them home and called police. No one was seen at or near the recovery site when the remains were found.

Investigating Agency(s)
Agency Name: Jackson County Medical Examiner’s Office (MO)
Agency Phone Number: 816-881-6600
Agency E-Mail: medexaminer@jacksongov.org
Agency Case Number: 81-ME-148

NCIC Case Number: N/A
NamUs Case Number: UP #5310
Former Hot Case Number: 2287

Information Source(s)
NamUs
826UFMO

Google indicates that this is most prevalent in Asian women:

CLF results in posterior spinal cord compression, which may cause myelopathy and successive neurological deficits. It mostly occurs in the Asian population

Extensive calcification of the ligamentum flavum causing cervical myelopathy in a Caucasian woman

jmho ymmv lrr

I have ossification of the posterior longitudinal ligament (OPLL)- common in older Asian gentlemen but I am a "white" woman with Polish and Brazilian genetics.
Not much in those studies makes sense, anymore, lol.

This Jane Doe's shares alot of characteristics with Rita Rinehart. They found her in the same area close to where Rita lives. Her age fits.
The one thing that caught my attention is that Rita had a deformed hand. Jane Doe was found with her arm/arms missing. I would like to find out if Rita was ruled out I'm not sure how to do that, I'm new at this but I love it. Any advice would be welcomed.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back