MO - Kansas City Mother Charged in Death of one child, neglect of another, 2022

2216-CR05643 - ST V ADAIR R FISH

01/12/2023Order for Continuance
The Court FINDS GOOD CAUSE to continue this Bond Review Hearing due to Defense requesting additional time to receive evaluations and additional records, and the Bond Review Hearing is continued to and set in Division 11 on JANUARY 26, 2023 at 10:00 A.M.
Bond Review Hearing Scheduled
Scheduled For: 01/26/2023; 10:00 AM ; ADAM CAINE; Criminal Justice Center
Hearing Continued/Rescheduled
Hearing Continued From: 01/12/2023; 10:00 AM Bond Review Hearing Scheduled

THURSDAY, JANUARY 26, 2023
Judge/CommissionerTimeDaySettingEvent
ADAM CAINE10:00 AM1 OF 1 Bond Review Hearing Scheduled
Event Text: Location: 2ND FLOOR-CIRCUIT COURTROOM Criminal Justice Center
Address: 1315 Locust KANSAS CITY MO

Thank you! :)

Thursday, January 26th:
*Bond Review Hearing (@ 10am CT) - MO – Girl (5) died & girl (5) survived & found on Nov. 3, 2022 in home, Kansas City - *Adair R. Fish (43) arrested (12/1/22) & charged (12/5/22) with 1 count of felony abuse/neglect of a child resulting in death, 1 count of felony abuse/neglect of a child-serious emotional or physical injury, 1 count of 1st degree endangering the welfare of a child-death of child & 1 count of 1st degree endangering the welfare of a child-serious physical injury. Held without bond.
Case & court info from 12/1/22 thru 12/12/22 reference post #18 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...ed-in-death-of-one-neglect-of-another.648819/

12/15/22 Update: Bond review hearing was reset on 1/12/23. 1/12/23 Update: Bond review hearing rescheduled on 1/26/23.

@Jewels53 - only when you have time - is there another court date for Fish yet? Did she get her bond changed?

TIA!
 Girl Waving Hello Smiley

01/26/2023 Motion no Longer an Issue
Associated Entries: 12/07/2022 - Motion for Bond Reduction
tree-collapse_button.jpg
Order
Defendant and Counsel WAIVE Bond Review for the time being. This matter is continued for Arraignment, set in Division 11 on FEBRUARY 21, 2023 at 9:00 A.M. Pursuant to 22.09, the Court finds that examinations of the Defendant and continuances requested by the Defendant, which the Court finds is good cause shown for the preliminary hearing to be held more than 30 days from the date of Defendant's Initial Appearance.
Arraignment Scheduled
Scheduled For: 02/21/2023; 9:00 AM ; ADAM CAINE; Criminal Justice Center
Hearing Held

TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 21, 2023
Judge/CommissionerTime Day Setting Event
ADAM CAINE 9:00 AM 1 OF 1 Arraignment

@Niner

01/26/2023Motion no Longer an Issue
tree-collapse_button.jpg
Order
Defendant and Counsel WAIVE Bond Review for the time being. This matter is continued for Arraignment, set in Division 11 on FEBRUARY 21, 2023 at 9:00 A.M. Pursuant to 22.09, the Court finds that examinations of the Defendant and continuances requested by the Defendant, which the Court finds is good cause shown for the preliminary hearing to be held more than 30 days from the date of Defendant's Initial Appearance.
Arraignment Scheduled
Hearing Held

TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 21, 2023
Judge/CommissionerTimeDaySettingEvent
ADAM CAINE9:00 AM1 OF 1 Arraignment

@Niner

Thank you! :)

Tuesday, February 21st:
*Arraignment Hearing (@ 9am CT) - MO – Girl (5) died & girl (5) survived & found on Nov. 3, 2022 in home, Kansas City - *Adair R. Fish (43) arrested (12/1/22) & charged (12/5/22) with 1 count of felony abuse/neglect of a child resulting in death, 1 count of felony abuse/neglect of a child-serious emotional or physical injury, 1 count of 1st degree endangering the welfare of a child-death of child & 1 count of 1st degree endangering the welfare of a child-serious physical injury. Held without bond.
Case & court info from 12/1/22 thru 12/12/22 reference post #18 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...ed-in-death-of-one-neglect-of-another.648819/

12/15/22 Update: Bond review hearing was reset on 1/12/23. 1/12/23 Update: Bond review hearing rescheduled on 1/26/23.
1/26/23 Update: Motion for bond reduction. Order: Defendant & Counsel waive bond review for the time being. Matter is continued for arraignment on 2/21/23 @ 9am. Pursuant to 22.09, the Court finds that examinations of the defendant & continuances requested by the defendant, which the Court finds is good cause shown for the preliminary hearing to be held more than 30 days from the date of defendant's initial appearance.

@Jewels53 - any updates yet on her next court date?

TIA! :)

02/10/2023 Casefile Tranf GrandJury Indmt
Associated Entries: 01/26/2023 - Arraignment Scheduled
02/06/2023 Response Filed
DEFENDANTS RESPONSE TO STATES REQUEST FOR DISCOVERY; Electronic Filing Certificate of Service.
Filed By: ANTHONY RAY VIBBARD
On Behalf Of: ADAIR R FISH
Standard Discovery Filed
request for discovery under rule 2503; Electronic Filing Certificate of Service.
Filed By: ANTHONY RAY VIBBARD
Answers to Disclosure Filed
Notice of Disclosure; Electronic Filing Certificate of Service.
Filed By: DANIELLE SEDIQZAD
01/26/2023 Motion no Longer an Issue
tree-collapse_button.jpg
Order
Arraignment Scheduled
Associated Entries: 02/10/2023 - Casefile Tranf GrandJury Indmt
Hearing Held

Looks like it is being transferred back to the Grand Jury for Indictment.

Okay - thank you @Jewels53 - I guess I shall be back in a couple of weeks & see what is going on. :)

KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Vibrant learning posters for toddlers taped on the walls, a stained backpack, and a pink-tasseled bike parked outside the building are the only indicators that a child ever lived in an apartment on St. John Avenue.

Or in this case, two children – twins.

In early November, court records show Kansas City, Missouri, resident Adair Fish, 43, called 911 and said one of her children had been dead for several days and the other was unresponsive.

“When something like this happens, it shakes, not just the community, but it shakes the whole system to its core because this is the worst possible case scenario, this is what everyone dreads happening,” Rep. Keri Ingle, D-Lee’s Summit, said.

@Niner I wish I could show you the pictures of the girls, it won't let me. I hope you can read the article.

KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Vibrant learning posters for toddlers taped on the walls, a stained backpack, and a pink-tasseled bike parked outside the building are the only indicators that a child ever lived in an apartment on St. John Avenue.

In early November, court records show Kansas City, Missouri, resident Adair Fish, 43, called 911 and said one of her children had been dead for several days and the other was unresponsive.

“When something like this happens, it shakes, not just the community, but it shakes the whole system to its core because this is the worst possible case scenario, this is what everyone dreads happening,” Rep. Keri Ingle, D-Lee’s Summit, said.

@Niner I wish I could show you the pictures of the girls, it won't let me. I hope you can read the article.

I had to put the link into my paywall link - it didn't show any pictures though. And I tried searching for her picture - since it had her name in the article - plus I changed my notes to include her name.
All came up with is pictures of ivy...

I had to put the link into my paywall link - it didn't show any pictures though. And I tried searching for her picture - since it had her name in the article - plus I changed my notes to include her name.
All came up with is pictures of ivy...

They only gave initials for her twin of AH. Very sad situation they were placed in foster care then given back to the mother.

They only gave initials for her twin of AH. Very sad situation they were placed in foster care then given back to the mother.

Especially when she was in that mental hospital & on drugs... shaking my head...

I'm not sure we should share pictures of the children, so I'll share a photo of the condition the family dog was found in. This is from the Fox4KC article quoted above.

"Lenny" has been rehabilitated and adopted, FYI.

Attachments

• 3F002848-1774-442C-B6F6-4E1B19ECE973.png
    3F002848-1774-442C-B6F6-4E1B19ECE973.png
    554 KB · Views: 8

From the article:
"A 2016 mental evaluation revealed Fish was diagnosed with unspecified schizophrenia and a psychotic disorder."

Just for clarification purposes, there's no such thing. Either she has schizophrenia or she doesn't. But she doesn't have schizophrenia AND a psychotic disorder. I also don't know what unspecified schizophrenia is. My guess (and it is only a guess having never met this woman and not privy to her medical records, but based on extensive experience with these types of errors), the media got it wrong. The woman's actual diagnosis is an unspecified psychotic disorder, period, and the differential (meaning the possibilities) includes schizophrenia, though she doesn't have that diagnosis. This is usually documented as Dx: Unspecified Psychotic Disorder; rule out schizophrenia. Further, my guess extends to a substance-induced psychosis (meaning drugs caused the psychosis, not schizophrenia), which is why they're giving her an unspecified psychotic d/o diagnosis.

This above is all important because every time a criminal is mislabeled as being schizophrenic, it increases fear and stigma in the public toward those who legitimately have the illness and that's not fair.

From the article:
"A 2016 mental evaluation revealed Fish was diagnosed with unspecified schizophrenia and a psychotic disorder."

Just for clarification purposes, there's no such thing. Either she has schizophrenia or she doesn't. But she doesn't have schizophrenia AND a psychotic disorder. I also don't know what unspecified schizophrenia is. My guess (and it is only a guess having never met this woman and not privy to her medical records, but based on extensive experience with these types of errors), the media got it wrong. The woman's actual diagnosis is an unspecified psychotic disorder, period, and the differential (meaning the possibilities) includes schizophrenia, though she doesn't have that diagnosis. This is usually documented as Dx: Unspecified Psychotic Disorder; rule out schizophrenia. Further, my guess extends to a substance-induced psychosis (meaning drugs caused the psychosis, not schizophrenia), which is why they're giving her an unspecified psychotic d/o diagnosis.

This above is all important because every time a criminal is mislabeled as being schizophrenic, it increases fear and stigma in the public toward those who legitimately have the illness and that's not fair.
Thank you for clarifying!

This article is horrible. CPS needs to be held accountable. From this article, it doesn’t look like she entirely completed the required benchmarks to get her kids back. What’s the point in requiring negative (with no trace of anything) drug tests, counseling etc if the parent doesn’t do it completely and still gets kids back?

@Jewels53 - just wondering if there might be an update on next court hearing - or if the Grand Jury indicted her?

TIA! :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74
Back