GENERIC HEADER NEWS MISSING PERSONS

Identified! MO - Kara Kopetsky, 17 - 2007; Jessica Runions, 21 - 2016; found deceased - *ARREST*

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by beach, Apr 4, 2017.

1. Vail

Vail Justice for Kara & Jessica

Still Nov. 4

Bravo, Jewels53, Niner and 2 others like this.
  2. Niner

Niner Long time Websleuther

Sorry @Vail - I meant the next court hearing - not trial. What I have is jury selection starts on 10/31. But thought there might be a hearing before that.

TIA!

Bravo likes this.
  3. ManicMuggle83

ManicMuggle83 Well-Known Member

This is such an excellent point. Also, he was able to navigate back potentially drunk.

(Apologies if a recent update dispels this idea. I haven't read the thread to the end yet)

SouthernMom and DianeElaine like this.
  4. Jewels53

Jewels53 Forever in my Heart!

7CA-CR00957-01 - ST V KYLR CHARLES YUST (E-CASE)

MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 16, 2019
    Judge/Commissioner Time Day Setting Event
    WILLIAM B COLLINS 1:30 PM 1 OF 1 Case Review
    Event Text: Location: DIVISION I COURTROOM Cass
    Address: Cass County Justice Center 2501 West Mechanic HARRISONVILLE MO

MONDAY, NOVEMBER 4, 2019
    WILLIAM B COLLINS 9:00 AM 1 OF 1 Jury Trial

09/03/2019 Case Review Scheduled
    Scheduled For: 09/16/2019; 1:30 PM ; WILLIAM B COLLINS; Cass
    Case Review Held
    State appears by Assistant Prosecutor, Julie Tolle. Defendant appears in person and by counsel, Sharon Turlington and Robert Lundt. Court hears defendant's Motion for Mental Examination and Orders Mental Examination on defendant. Court hears defendant's Motion for Discovery. Court makes rulings per the record made. Cause continued by agreement to 9/16/19 at 1:30 PM. WBC/kf
    Scheduled For: 09/03/2019; 1:30 PM ; WILLIAM B COLLINS; Cass
    Judge/Clerk - Note
    Emailed to DMH 09-03-2019
    Case Suspended - Mental Eval
    Order for Mental Examination
    Emailed to CCSO on 09-03-2019.

5. Niner

So no trial on 11/4??? Dragging out again....

and Thanks! Jewels! :)

6. Jewels53

This here says Jury Trial.

MONDAY, NOVEMBER 4, 2019
    WILLIAM B COLLINS 9:00 AM 1 OF 1 Jury Trial

Niner and Suglo like this.
  7. Vail

One of Kylr's friend's family owns the property (or the field just adjacent). From what I know, that friend will be testifying at the trial. There is also an old church/cemetery and a quarry on the other side of that small wood where Kylr would hang out at. One theory is Kylr took Jessica to that graveyard to hang out or park that night and killed her right there (I believe Kara was killed in the dealer/friend's basement as originally rumored. Her story is the one I want to understand the most). We know he called a girl named Jenna around 2am that night/Friday morning to go driving and told her he was at his grandpa's, so we can reasonably conclude he did in fact make it back there by 2am, allowing for only about 2 hours for the murder to have taken place, and he probably hadn't sobered up much. He probably took Blue Grass Pkwy all the way there IMO. Grandpa Alfred saw Jessica's car in the driveway that next morning so Kylr probably drove it home. Now the question is, was she still in it or did Kylr already dump and bury her the same night he killed her? I am thinking he returned later to finish the job before he ran. Friday night he calls FF to "go driving" around 8pm. Jessica's car is found torched at 2am. Someone helped him do that. By the next morning he is with Jessep getting out of dodge. I am looking forward to hearing FF's testimony.

Hraefn, ManicMuggle83, Niner and 2 others like this.
  8. Niner

Monday, Sept. 16th:
    *Case Review Hearing (@ 1:30pm CT) – MO – Kara Elise Kopetsky (17) (May 4, 2007) & Jessica S. Runions (21) (Sept. 8, 2016) – *Kylr Charles Yust (29/18 in 2007) indicted (3/1/18) & arraigned (6/18/18) on 2 counts of 1st degree & 2 counts of abandonment of a corpse. Plead not guilty. $1M cash only bond; originally charged with burning Jessica’s car.
    Felony charges for arson dismissed on Oct. 5, 2017.
    Trial starts on 11/4/19. Jury selection starts 10/31/19. Trial should run 2 weeks. Held in Cass County, jurors from St. Charles County.
    3/1/18: waived his prelim hearings. 6/18: Arraignment. 7/18/18: Motion hearing held. Parties pass on the Change of Venue motion. Court denies Motion for defendant to change to civilian clothes for pre-trial hearings. 10/1/18: Change of venue & trial date set. Jury selection on 10/31/19, trial set for 11/4/19 & should run 2 weeks. Trial will be held in Cass County & jurors will be from St. Charles County. Status hearing on 1/22/19.
    1/22/19 Update: Had motion hearing on 2/22 re Discovery/DNA. Case Review hearing on 4/15. Trial set for 11/4/19. 4/15/19: Case review hearing continued to 6/3. 6/3/19: Hearing rescheduled to 6/17. 6/17/19: Case Review hearing on 9/3.
    8/27/19 Update: Court documents just released reveal that a proposed court order says Yust lacks capacity to understand the murder trial proceedings against him due to mental disease, and that he must be transferred to the custody of the director of the dept. of mental health. The proposed order goes before a Cass County judge on Sept. 3 according to online records. Yust is ordered to be in court for that motion hearing. According to court documents, Yust will remain in the custody of the dept. of mental health "for as along as the mental unfitness endures or until the charges or proceedings against the defendant are disposed according to law." The dept. of mental health will have to report back in 180 days on whether Yust has regained competency to stand trial. Around Feb. 4, 2020. 8/26/19: Order for appearance. 8/27/19: Request for media in the court room.
    9/3/19 Update: Court hears defendant's Motion for Mental Examination and Orders Mental Examination on defendant. Court hears defendant's Motion for Discovery. Court makes rulings per the record made. Cause continued by agreement to 9/16/19 at 1:30 PM. The judge ordered the state mental health exam and said no matter what the defense throws at him, this trial will begin on November 4. Case suspended for mental exam. Next Case Review hearing on 9/16.

Hraefn, Gardener1850, Suglo and 2 others like this.
  9. Jewels53

Another Delay!

The trial for Kylr Yust, the man accused of killing two Cass County women in separate incidents a decade apart, has been delayed, according to court records.

The trial, which had been scheduled to begin Nov. 4, was continued Tuesday due to discovery issues.

Yust will be in court for another hearing Sept. 30 in Cass County Circuit Court.

The decision to push back the trial comes one day after new evidence was submitted in the case.

Kylr Yust trial delayed due to discovery issues

Niner, Dontknow?, Vail and 3 others like this.
  10. Jewels53

17CA-CR00957-01 - ST V KYLR CHARLES YUST (E-CASE)

09/17/2019
    Cert of Transcript Filed
    09-03-2019 hearing
    Hearing/Trial Cancelled
    Scheduled For: 11/15/2019; 9:00 AM ; WILLIAM B COLLINS; Cass
    Hearing/Trial Cancelled
    Scheduled For: 11/14/2019; 9:00 AM ; WILLIAM B COLLINS; Cass
    Hearing/Trial Cancelled
    Scheduled For: 11/13/2019; 9:00 AM ; WILLIAM B COLLINS; Cass
    Hearing/Trial Cancelled
    Scheduled For: 11/12/2019; 9:00 AM ; WILLIAM B COLLINS; Cass
    Hearing/Trial Cancelled
    Scheduled For: 11/11/2019; 9:00 AM ; WILLIAM B COLLINS; Cass
    Hearing/Trial Cancelled
    Scheduled For: 11/08/2019; 9:00 AM ; WILLIAM B COLLINS; Cass
    Hearing/Trial Cancelled
    Scheduled For: 11/07/2019; 9:00 AM ; WILLIAM B COLLINS; Cass
    Hearing/Trial Cancelled
    Scheduled For: 11/06/2019; 9:00 AM ; WILLIAM B COLLINS; Cass
    Hearing/Trial Cancelled
    Scheduled For: 11/05/2019; 9:00 AM ; WILLIAM B COLLINS; Cass
    Hearing/Trial Cancelled
    Scheduled For: 11/04/2019; 9:00 AM ; WILLIAM B COLLINS; Cass
    Order
    Order for Continuance of Jury Trial

Displaying 1 thru 1 of 1 scheduled hearings and trials returned for case 17CA-CR00957-01.

MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 30, 2019
    WILLIAM B COLLINS 1:30 PM 1 OF 1 Case Review

https://www.courts.mo.gov/casenet/cases/events.do

Niner, Dontknow?, Hraefn and 3 others like this.
  11. Vail

Niner, Jewels53, Dontknow? and 3 others like this.
  12. Vail

Yust’s attorneys argue he shouldn't have to appear in court

Kylr Yust’s defense team filed a motion Friday to prevent him from being required to appear in court.

According to the court filing, Yust is “currently incompetent to proceed based upon a mental disease or defect” and “has extreme anxiety about appearing in court.”

Dr. Jose Matthews filed a report with the court through Yust’s lawyers, which detail his symptoms. The report said Yust isn’t receiving “appropriate medical treatment” for his condition.

Yust’s attorneys, Sharon Turlington and Robert Lundt, argue that keeping him from appearing in court will “prevent him from additional psychological suffering.”

Yust isn’t due again in court until Nov. 18 for another case review.

13. mocity

mocity Verified Insider

I wonder if Yust considered Jessica and Kara's psychological suffering or the families that live with it forever. Insert EYE ROLL

Vail, Suglo and Dre like this.
  14. Niner

Thanks ALL for the updates! :)

Here's what I have - updates in red - that way I can shorten this up a bit.

Monday, Sept. 30th:
    *Case Review Hearing (@ 1:30pm CT) – MO – Kara Elise Kopetsky (17) (May 4, 2007) & Jessica S. Runions (21) (Sept. 8, 2016) – *Kylr Charles Yust (29/18 in 2007) indicted (3/1/18) & arraigned (6/18/18) on 2 counts of 1st degree & 2 counts of abandonment of a corpse. Plead not guilty. $1M cash only bond; originally charged with burning Jessica’s car.
    Felony charges for arson dismissed on Oct. 5, 2017.
    Trial starts on 11/4/19-cancelled. Held in Cass County, jurors from St. Charles County.
    3/1/18: waived his prelim hearings. 6/18: Arraignment. 7/18/18: Motion hearing held. Parties pass on the Change of Venue motion. Court denies Motion for defendant to change to civilian clothes for pre-trial hearings. 10/1/18: Change of venue & trial date set. Jury selection on 10/31/19, trial set for 11/4/19 & should run 2 weeks. Trial will be held in Cass County & jurors will be from St. Charles County. Status hearing on 1/22/19.
    1/22/19 Update: Had motion hearing on 2/22 re Discovery/DNA. Case Review hearing on 4/15. Trial set for 11/4/19. 4/15/19: Case review hearing continued to 6/3. 6/3/19: Hearing rescheduled to 6/17. 6/17/19: Case Review hearing on 9/3.
    8/27/19 Update: Court documents just released reveal that a proposed court order says Yust lacks capacity to understand the murder trial proceedings against him due to mental disease, and that he must be transferred to the custody of the director of the dept. of mental health. The proposed order goes before a Cass County judge on Sept. 3 according to online records. Yust is ordered to be in court for that motion hearing. According to court documents, Yust will remain in the custody of the dept. of mental health "for as along as the mental unfitness endures or until the charges or proceedings against the defendant are disposed according to law." The dept. of mental health will have to report back in 180 days on whether Yust has regained competency to stand trial. Around Feb. 4, 2020. 8/26/19: Order for appearance. 8/27/19: Request for media in the court room.
    9/3/19 Update: Court hears defendant's Motion for Mental Examination and Orders Mental Examination on defendant. Court hears defendant's Motion for Discovery. Court makes rulings per the record made. Cause continued by agreement to 9/16/19 at 1:30 PM. The judge ordered the state mental health exam and said no matter what the defense throws at him, this trial will begin on November 4. Case suspended for mental exam. Next Case Review hearing on 9/16. 9/16/19: Trial has been delayed because of discovery issues. Next hearing on 9/30.

9/30/19 Update: Defense team filed a motion Friday to prevent him from being required to appear in court. According to the court filing, Yust is “currently incompetent to proceed based upon a mental disease or defect” and “has extreme anxiety about appearing in court.” Next case review hearing set for 11/18.

Alice253, Vail, Gardener1850 and 2 others like this.
  15. Jewels53

Attorneys for accused killer Kylr Yust are seeking a second opinion after a state doctor found that he was “competent to proceed.”

According to documents filed Thursday in Cass County court, Yust suffers from “mood-related symptoms, including anxiety, depression and suicidal gestures.”

His lawyers objected to the competency finding and also want Yust to undergo a second evaluation from a doctor chosen by the defense team.

A judge ordered the new examination to be completed in 60 days.

Kylr Yust’s attorneys ask for another medical evaluation after state finds him competent for trial

Here we go again!

16. Tssiemer

Tssiemer Well-Known Member

As a mental health professional... MDD and GAD do not make you incompetent to stand trial lol.

Dre, Alice253, Niner and 3 others like this.