MO - Kara Kopetsky, 17 - 2007; Jessica Runions, 21 - 2016; found deceased - *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry @Vail - I meant the next court hearing - not trial. What I have is jury selection starts on 10/31. But thought there might be a hearing before that.

TIA!

I will also say that I think he knew the area because he was able to go back in those woods and put Jessica with Kara. I grew up on property that had a lot of wooded area, and I can say from experience that it's not always easy to remember where you're going in places like that even with markers. And that was my home, not some random place I didn't know. I'd say Kylr has been back in those woods more than once since he put Kara there. Perhaps visiting his crime scene. I think he chose it in part because of the no trespassing signs. With that, he would know it was a place that not many people would likely be trudging though unlike many other parts that hunters and the like use. No one would wander in and see what he was doing. It wouldn't be likely that someone would stumble upon his crime scene. The thought of it all gives me chills.

This is such an excellent point. Also, he was able to navigate back potentially drunk.

(Apologies if a recent update dispels this idea. I haven't read the thread to the end yet)

Sorry @Vail - I meant the next court hearing - not trial. What I have is jury selection starts on 10/31. But thought there might be a hearing before that.

TIA!

7CA-CR00957-01 - ST V KYLR CHARLES YUST (E-CASE)

MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 16, 2019
Judge/Commissioner Time Day Setting Event
WILLIAM B COLLINS 1:30 PM 1 OF 1 Case Review
Event Text: Location: DIVISION I COURTROOM Cass
Address: Cass County Justice Center 2501 West Mechanic HARRISONVILLE MO

MONDAY, NOVEMBER 4, 2019
WILLIAM B COLLINS 9:00 AM 1 OF 1 Jury Trial

09/03/2019 Case Review Scheduled
Scheduled For: 09/16/2019; 1:30 PM ; WILLIAM B COLLINS; Cass
Case Review Held
State appears by Assistant Prosecutor, Julie Tolle. Defendant appears in person and by counsel, Sharon Turlington and Robert Lundt. Court hears defendant's Motion for Mental Examination and Orders Mental Examination on defendant. Court hears defendant's Motion for Discovery. Court makes rulings per the record made. Cause continued by agreement to 9/16/19 at 1:30 PM. WBC/kf
Scheduled For: 09/03/2019; 1:30 PM ; WILLIAM B COLLINS; Cass
Judge/Clerk - Note
Emailed to DMH 09-03-2019
Case Suspended - Mental Eval
Order for Mental Examination
Emailed to CCSO on 09-03-2019.

Jewels from court site said:
Case Suspended - Mental Eval
Order for Mental Examination

So no trial on 11/4??? Dragging out again....

and Thanks! Jewels! :)

So no trial on 11/4??? Dragging out again....

and Thanks! Jewels! :)
This here says Jury Trial.

MONDAY, NOVEMBER 4, 2019
WILLIAM B COLLINS 9:00 AM 1 OF 1 Jury Trial

This is such an excellent point. Also, he was able to navigate back potentially drunk.

(Apologies if a recent update dispels this idea. I haven't read the thread to the end yet)

One of Kylr's friend's family owns the property (or the field just adjacent). From what I know, that friend will be testifying at the trial. There is also an old church/cemetery and a quarry on the other side of that small wood where Kylr would hang out at. One theory is Kylr took Jessica to that graveyard to hang out or park that night and killed her right there (I believe Kara was killed in the dealer/friend's basement as originally rumored. Her story is the one I want to understand the most). We know he called a girl named Jenna around 2am that night/Friday morning to go driving and told her he was at his grandpa's, so we can reasonably conclude he did in fact make it back there by 2am, allowing for only about 2 hours for the murder to have taken place, and he probably hadn't sobered up much. He probably took Blue Grass Pkwy all the way there IMO. Grandpa Alfred saw Jessica's car in the driveway that next morning so Kylr probably drove it home. Now the question is, was she still in it or did Kylr already dump and bury her the same night he killed her? I am thinking he returned later to finish the job before he ran. Friday night he calls FF to "go driving" around 8pm. Jessica's car is found torched at 2am. Someone helped him do that. By the next morning he is with Jessep getting out of dodge. I am looking forward to hearing FF's testimony.

Monday, Sept. 16th:
*Case Review Hearing (@ 1:30pm CT) – MO – Kara Elise Kopetsky (17) (May 4, 2007) & Jessica S. Runions (21) (Sept. 8, 2016) – *Kylr Charles Yust (29/18 in 2007) indicted (3/1/18) & arraigned (6/18/18) on 2 counts of 1st degree & 2 counts of abandonment of a corpse. Plead not guilty. $1M cash only bond; originally charged with burning Jessica’s car.
Felony charges for arson dismissed on Oct. 5, 2017.
Trial starts on 11/4/19. Jury selection starts 10/31/19. Trial should run 2 weeks. Held in Cass County, jurors from St. Charles County.
3/1/18: waived his prelim hearings. 6/18: Arraignment. 7/18/18: Motion hearing held. Parties pass on the Change of Venue motion. Court denies Motion for defendant to change to civilian clothes for pre-trial hearings. 10/1/18: Change of venue & trial date set. Jury selection on 10/31/19, trial set for 11/4/19 & should run 2 weeks. Trial will be held in Cass County & jurors will be from St. Charles County. Status hearing on 1/22/19.
1/22/19 Update: Had motion hearing on 2/22 re Discovery/DNA. Case Review hearing on 4/15. Trial set for 11/4/19. 4/15/19: Case review hearing continued to 6/3. 6/3/19: Hearing rescheduled to 6/17. 6/17/19: Case Review hearing on 9/3.
8/27/19 Update: Court documents just released reveal that a proposed court order says Yust lacks capacity to understand the murder trial proceedings against him due to mental disease, and that he must be transferred to the custody of the director of the dept. of mental health. The proposed order goes before a Cass County judge on Sept. 3 according to online records. Yust is ordered to be in court for that motion hearing. According to court documents, Yust will remain in the custody of the dept. of mental health "for as along as the mental unfitness endures or until the charges or proceedings against the defendant are disposed according to law." The dept. of mental health will have to report back in 180 days on whether Yust has regained competency to stand trial. Around Feb. 4, 2020. 8/26/19: Order for appearance. 8/27/19: Request for media in the court room.
9/3/19 Update: Court hears defendant's Motion for Mental Examination and Orders Mental Examination on defendant. Court hears defendant's Motion for Discovery. Court makes rulings per the record made. Cause continued by agreement to 9/16/19 at 1:30 PM. The judge ordered the state mental health exam and said no matter what the defense throws at him, this trial will begin on November 4. Case suspended for mental exam. Next Case Review hearing on 9/16.

Another Delay!

The trial for Kylr Yust, the man accused of killing two Cass County women in separate incidents a decade apart, has been delayed, according to court records.

The trial, which had been scheduled to begin Nov. 4, was continued Tuesday due to discovery issues.

Yust will be in court for another hearing Sept. 30 in Cass County Circuit Court.

The decision to push back the trial comes one day after new evidence was submitted in the case.

Kylr Yust trial delayed due to discovery issues

17CA-CR00957-01 - ST V KYLR CHARLES YUST (E-CASE)

09/17/2019
Cert of Transcript Filed
09-03-2019 hearing
Hearing/Trial Cancelled
Scheduled For: 11/15/2019; 9:00 AM ; WILLIAM B COLLINS; Cass
Hearing/Trial Cancelled
Scheduled For: 11/14/2019; 9:00 AM ; WILLIAM B COLLINS; Cass
Hearing/Trial Cancelled
Scheduled For: 11/13/2019; 9:00 AM ; WILLIAM B COLLINS; Cass
Hearing/Trial Cancelled
Scheduled For: 11/12/2019; 9:00 AM ; WILLIAM B COLLINS; Cass
Hearing/Trial Cancelled
Scheduled For: 11/11/2019; 9:00 AM ; WILLIAM B COLLINS; Cass
Hearing/Trial Cancelled
Scheduled For: 11/08/2019; 9:00 AM ; WILLIAM B COLLINS; Cass
Hearing/Trial Cancelled
Scheduled For: 11/07/2019; 9:00 AM ; WILLIAM B COLLINS; Cass
Hearing/Trial Cancelled
Scheduled For: 11/06/2019; 9:00 AM ; WILLIAM B COLLINS; Cass
Hearing/Trial Cancelled
Scheduled For: 11/05/2019; 9:00 AM ; WILLIAM B COLLINS; Cass
Hearing/Trial Cancelled
Scheduled For: 11/04/2019; 9:00 AM ; WILLIAM B COLLINS; Cass
Order
Order for Continuance of Jury Trial

Displaying 1 thru 1 of 1 scheduled hearings and trials returned for case 17CA-CR00957-01.

MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 30, 2019
WILLIAM B COLLINS 1:30 PM 1 OF 1 Case Review

https://www.courts.mo.gov/casenet/cases/events.do

Yust’s attorneys argue he shouldn't have to appear in court

Kylr Yust’s defense team filed a motion Friday to prevent him from being required to appear in court.

According to the court filing, Yust is “currently incompetent to proceed based upon a mental disease or defect” and “has extreme anxiety about appearing in court.”

Dr. Jose Matthews filed a report with the court through Yust’s lawyers, which detail his symptoms. The report said Yust isn’t receiving “appropriate medical treatment” for his condition.

Yust’s attorneys, Sharon Turlington and Robert Lundt, argue that keeping him from appearing in court will “prevent him from additional psychological suffering.”

Yust isn’t due again in court until Nov. 18 for another case review.

Thanks ALL for the updates! :)

Here's what I have - updates in red - that way I can shorten this up a bit.

Monday, Sept. 30th:
*Case Review Hearing (@ 1:30pm CT) – MO – Kara Elise Kopetsky (17) (May 4, 2007) & Jessica S. Runions (21) (Sept. 8, 2016) – *Kylr Charles Yust (29/18 in 2007) indicted (3/1/18) & arraigned (6/18/18) on 2 counts of 1st degree & 2 counts of abandonment of a corpse. Plead not guilty. $1M cash only bond; originally charged with burning Jessica’s car.
Trial starts on 11/4/19-cancelled. Held in Cass County, jurors from St. Charles County.
3/1/18: waived his prelim hearings. 6/18: Arraignment. 7/18/18: Motion hearing held. Parties pass on the Change of Venue motion. Court denies Motion for defendant to change to civilian clothes for pre-trial hearings. 10/1/18: Change of venue & trial date set. Jury selection on 10/31/19, trial set for 11/4/19 & should run 2 weeks. Trial will be held in Cass County & jurors will be from St. Charles County. Status hearing on 1/22/19.
1/22/19 Update: Had motion hearing on 2/22 re Discovery/DNA. Case Review hearing on 4/15. Trial set for 11/4/19. 4/15/19: Case review hearing continued to 6/3. 6/3/19: Hearing rescheduled to 6/17. 6/17/19: Case Review hearing on 9/3.
8/27/19 Update: Court documents just released reveal that a proposed court order says Yust lacks capacity to understand the murder trial proceedings against him due to mental disease, and that he must be transferred to the custody of the director of the dept. of mental health. The proposed order goes before a Cass County judge on Sept. 3 according to online records. Yust is ordered to be in court for that motion hearing. According to court documents, Yust will remain in the custody of the dept. of mental health "for as along as the mental unfitness endures or until the charges or proceedings against the defendant are disposed according to law." The dept. of mental health will have to report back in 180 days on whether Yust has regained competency to stand trial. Around Feb. 4, 2020. 8/26/19: Order for appearance. 8/27/19: Request for media in the court room.
9/3/19 Update: Court hears defendant's Motion for Mental Examination and Orders Mental Examination on defendant. Court hears defendant's Motion for Discovery. Court makes rulings per the record made. Cause continued by agreement to 9/16/19 at 1:30 PM. The judge ordered the state mental health exam and said no matter what the defense throws at him, this trial will begin on November 4. Case suspended for mental exam. Next Case Review hearing on 9/16. 9/16/19: Trial has been delayed because of discovery issues. Next hearing on 9/30.

9/30/19 Update: Defense team filed a motion Friday to prevent him from being required to appear in court. According to the court filing, Yust is “currently incompetent to proceed based upon a mental disease or defect” and “has extreme anxiety about appearing in court.” Next case review hearing set for 11/18.

Attorneys for accused killer Kylr Yust are seeking a second opinion after a state doctor found that he was “competent to proceed.”

According to documents filed Thursday in Cass County court, Yust suffers from “mood-related symptoms, including anxiety, depression and suicidal gestures.”

His lawyers objected to the competency finding and also want Yust to undergo a second evaluation from a doctor chosen by the defense team.

A judge ordered the new examination to be completed in 60 days.

Kylr Yust’s attorneys ask for another medical evaluation after state finds him competent for trial

Here we go again!

Monday, November 18th:
Trial starts on 11/4/19-cancelled. Held in Cass County, jurors from St. Charles County.

Court info from 3/1/18 thru 9/16/19 reference post #994 here:
Identified! - MO - Kara Kopetsky, 17 - 2007; Jessica Runions, 21 - 2016; found deceased - *ARREST*

9/30/19 Update: Defense team filed a motion Friday to prevent him from being required to appear in court. According to the court filing, Yust is “currently incompetent to proceed based upon a mental disease or defect” and “has extreme anxiety about appearing in court.” Next case review hearing set for 11/18.
10/16/19 Update: Defense filed motion (10/16/19) seeking a second opinion after a state doctor found that he was “competent to proceed in Cass County court. Yust suffers from “mood-related symptoms, including anxiety, depression and suicidal gestures.” His lawyers objected to the competency finding and also want Yust to undergo a second evaluation from a doctor chosen by the defense team. A judge ordered the new examination to be completed in 60 days.

Monday, November 18th:

Court info from 3/1/18 thru 9/16/19 reference post #994 here:
Identified! - MO - Kara Kopetsky, 17 - 2007; Jessica Runions, 21 - 2016; found deceased - *ARREST*

10/16/19 Update: Defense filed motion (10/16/19) seeking a second opinion after a state doctor found that he was “competent to proceed in Cass County court. Yust suffers from “mood-related symptoms, including anxiety, depression and suicidal gestures.” His lawyers objected to the competency finding and also want Yust to undergo a second evaluation from a doctor chosen by the defense team. A judge ordered the new examination to be completed in 60 days.
:rolleyes: They’re going doctor shopping until they find the one who will give him the diagnosis they want. What a waste of taxpayer money not to mention how the victims’ families must feel about all these delays.

Any news on "what" happened? TIA! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members