MO MO - Kara Kopetsky, 17, Belton, 4 May 2007 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Petition below was stopped around Christmas time in 2007. Did they decide the petition was invalid since it did not have written signatures or did they stop it because they received word that there would be a new investigation?

We, the undersigned, are in support of the Governor of Missouri, Matt Blunt to order Attorney General Jay Nixon of the State of Missouri to take charge of the investigation of the missing child Kara Kopetsky, and to remove all evidence collected by the Belton MO Police and it agents. We further petition the Governor of Missouri, Matt Blunt to conduct an investigation in to the mishandeling of the Kara Kopetsky case by the Belton MO Police, and to make changes that require all Police Departments to investigate missing child cases, and file reports with the office of the Attorney General within eight (8) hours of the initial report.

Here is something else interesting. Note the word believe. It's not definite, but according to this there was a good chance. Did the police go to the employees knowing she was in the area. They did raid a house and confirm she "was" there. All 3 of the employees(not just 1) confirmed it was her. Hard to argue it wasn't.

Belton Police "believe" Kara Kopetsky was seen on Thursday, May 21st in Louisburg, Kan. in the company of a young man. The sighting is unconfirmed.

Police showed a photo of Kopetsky to three employees, and they agreed that she was the person they saw.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Going off topic for a minute:

Now the conversation with Kara and her mom was see you after school. School gets out at Belton High School at 2:35. But Kara asked for her mom to wash her uniform. Her work shift started at 4pm. Can't find anything out of the ordinary there. Anyone?

I just made a quick edit here: After the teacher/student argument at 10:30, she most likely didn't have any plans on going home, since her mother was most likely there and Kara wouldn't have to explain what happened for why she was not in school. Would there be a place she could hang out from 10:30 until when she is scheduled to arrive home at 3pm?

*Nobody is going to drive in the vicinity of a school at 10:30 in the morning to abduct someone.

*She probably wasn't abducted at the school, with so many people around, however on the flip side of the coin, it didn't stop Hall from doing it, but I'm sure he wasn't involved.

I was hoping to get some more help, seems like the case it totally cold and dead and everybody would rather just move on. Too bad. No responses from the 3 people that I had emailed.

thewizard, thank you for bringing a fresh voice and outlook to kara's case. i agree, it seems like hardly anyone cares about what happened to Kara two years ago and where she might be.

for sleuthing/research purposes, i recommend checking out the "Help Find Kara" Facebook page. There are a lot of interesting comments spanning over two years by locals and friends of Kara's.

http://www.facebook.com/#/group.php?v=wall&ref=search&gid=2419425743

Hi MissGinger,

I'm not sure how I missed that, but there were a lot of interesting comments. I'm not sure if it confirms my suspicions, but a couple of her friends thought she had run away.

Thinking of Kara...indeed!

As time passes, I personally feel even more convinced that Kara would not simply orchestrate her own vanishing act all this time without letting her mother and little brother know she was okay and just decided to leave home.

From the very beginning, Kara (like many) was maligned, dismissed and ignored by those in law enforcement and in the community. Place Kara in NYC, L.A., Chicago etc. and the vicious character attacks against her would, in my own opinion, never have taken place because all things relative, Kara was simply a teenager. But, in a small town with a small town mentality, she was accused of having an attitude, being rebellious etc. ---as if that somehow made her the first teen ever to have these traits and justified her going missing.

Kara may not have had the best home life and did not get along with her stepdad, she may not have been the best student and Kara may not have been an 'angel' relatively speaking, but she's someone's daughter, sister, friend, cousin etc. Her missing case is agony for so many.

A while ago, before Kara would turn 18, I thought for a little while, maybe, just maybe she DID willingly do all this on her own and due to being so unhappy and possibly deeply conflicted, she was waiting to reach legal age to communicate. But, I always felt that as unhappy as Kara might have been in Belton, I just could not believe she would put her brother especially through so much hurt. If Kara could orchestrate a vanishing, she could certainly have the will and know-how to simply send some message that she was okay.

Anyhow, just my thoughts on Kara on a random day since she disappeared and hoping, praying, this case will be resolved very soon.

Thinking of Kara...indeed!

As time passes, I personally feel even more convinced that Kara would not simply orchestrate her own vanishing act all this time without letting her mother and little brother know she was okay and just decided to leave home.

From the very beginning, Kara (like many) was maligned, dismissed and ignored by those in law enforcement and in the community. Place Kara in NYC, L.A., Chicago etc. and the vicious character attacks against her would, in my own opinion, never have taken place because all things relative, Kara was simply a teenager. But, in a small town with a small town mentality, she was accused of having an attitude, being rebellious etc. ---as if that somehow made her the first teen ever to have these traits and justified her going missing.

Kara may not have had the best home life and did not get along with her stepdad, she may not have been the best student and Kara may not have been an 'angel' relatively speaking, but she's someone's daughter, sister, friend, cousin etc. Her missing case is agony for so many.

A while ago, before Kara would turn 18, I thought for a little while, maybe, just maybe she DID willingly do all this on her own and due to being so unhappy and possibly deeply conflicted, she was waiting to reach legal age to communicate. But, I always felt that as unhappy as Kara might have been in Belton, I just could not believe she would put her brother especially through so much hurt. If Kara could orchestrate a vanishing, she could certainly have the will and know-how to simply send some message that she was okay.

Anyhow, just my thoughts on Kara on a random day since she disappeared and hoping, praying, this case will be resolved very soon.

Very well said. And i totally agree with you. Its thats same small town mentality that has been the cause of so much disrespect, disregard and egotistical police work in this case also. Kara would not have walked away. She would not have been gone this long without getting in touch with someone. There are to many people that love her and that she loved to not get in touch with someone. I pray she is alive and well but the reality of it doesnt fit. Denial is easy, brutal reality is alot harder to take.
I have the highest faith she will be found, and i take a very small bit of comfort in knowing those that done her harm will never be at peace, will never stop looking over their shoulders and them knowing that we will never ever stop until she is found and they are put to (saying it nicely) "Justice".

SearchHawk and rccook,

I have worked on this case and have been doing a lot of online investigating. You would be quite amazed the number of teen runaways that have turned up 20-30 years later, some with loving and caring families. This was why I have pretty much ignored any quotes by Kara's family, often times, in these situations, parents of missing children will claim or exaggerate(not saying Kara's parents are), how much of a close family they were etc etc, however the only beliefs that matter is Kara's. Just because the parents view it as a good situation, doesn't mean this is the case for the child living at home. At 17, any number of things can set someone off. If you do a search for runaway + message boards you would be quite surprised.

I haven't seen one iota of evidence of foul play in this case. Not even a trace that would suggest she was abducted or killed. Certainly no disrespect intended here, however even though there were a couple of small theories in your posts of her disappearance, you failed to provide any evidence of Kara being abducted or killed. All I'm saying is if you present one side of the argument, you have to counter it with the other side to strengthen your initial debate.

Finally, I could very well be mistaken, there is a chance something might have happened to her. If I had all the answers, I could tell you her exact whereabouts. If you can go back and reread my two pages of posts on the case, it may change your mind. I'm willing to look at your point of view if you can provide some logical reasoning.

Respectfully yours,

thewizard

SearchHawk,

I should've mentioned that I did concur with your statement that not every missing person that has family issues is a runaway.

rccook,

I had a quick question if you wouldn't mind answering. You mentioned there were too many people that loved her. Was this before or after she went missing? In my opinion, the love that was shown was out of bad feeling from quite a few of her acquaintances after she went missing. If there were many people that loved her, outside of her mom, step dad and dad who else from her family and friends cared for her so much.?

I am talking about people that loved her before she went missing. I am not going to name names if thats what you are getting at. There are those that stepped forward as there are in many cases like this that claimed to have cared, if out of guilt, bad feelings or just attention.
I am just wondering your theory on if she just wanted to get away, what was the point of walking off without any of her possessions? Clothes, makeup, cigarettes, money, all left at home. She had her cell but it was never used again. What would the point be of making it look like something more sinister than it was if she just decided to leave? What is the actual statistics of girl teenage runaways that walk away from all that and never get in touch with anyone, just walk off into a unknown life with nothing and noone to run to?
I am not saying that it doesnt happen, im sure it does, but i dont think that situation applies in this case.
I appreciate your fresh voice and outlook on this case and for taking the time to research and work on this case. I just pray it is solved soon.

SearchHawk,

I should've mentioned that I did concur with your statement that not every missing person that has family issues is a runaway.

rccook,

I had a quick question if you wouldn't mind answering. You mentioned there were too many people that loved her. Was this before or after she went missing? In my opinion, the love that was shown was out of bad feeling from quite a few of her acquaintances after she went missing. If there were many people that loved her, outside of her mom, step dad and dad who else from her family and friends cared for her so much.?

I wasn't asking for names necessarily, however I'll take your word for it if you are an acquaintance or friend of her's. Otherwise, I may take what you're saying with a grain of salt.

It's my belief that she wanted to vanish without a trace and make it appear to look like an abduction. If you focus your energy on investigating a potential crime that is an abduction, it makes it harder to trace her whereabouts if she ran away. It's possible she's been in touch with a few people, friends she can trust that won't rat her out. This case is not being actively investigated at the current time, because they know she has run away or it's just a cold case. One thing I can tell you is that you won't get much help from LE.

I firmly believe that was her sighted in Louisburg a few weeks after her disappearance. Word is that that had raided a house and confirmed that she had been at that location. I'm sure it's possible she found a guy and may be well taken care of. The sketch of the man she was with isn't anything close to Edwin Hall, in my personal investigation I've already ruled him out and the ex bf.

FWIW, I requested a Forensic Astrology chart for Kara. If someone chooses to do a chart for her, it will be interesting to see what it says.

I have thought about Kara quite often in the last 2 and a half years. And she is truly never far from my mind. I PERSONALLY believe that Kara met with foul play, whether on the day she disappeared, or later down the road. There is very little known about Kara's case, but there are LOTS of rumors. When I break it down, and exclude all the rumors, I'm left with the fact that Kylr held Kara against her will not long before she went missing. His own words in the news article were that he didn't hold her against her will, but rather was trying to make her leave so that he could slit his wrists, and he actually showed the scabs/scars to the reporter doing the story. That doesn't add up with me. To me, this says that he was mentally manipulating Kara. She wanted to leave, he threatened suicide to make her want to stay with him and make sure he wouldn't kill himself. My opinion remains that Kylr is involved in her disappearance.

I admit that I may be wrong, and I sincerely hope that I am. I truly pray that Kara DID just run away, and is living her life somewhere, happy.
And I thank everyone who has worked on her case, offered their opinions and theories, and keeps Kara in their minds and hearts.

Hi NM,

I respect your opinion about Kylr being responsibility for her disappearance. Even though it was confirmed by the paper and I checked on this, that he passed two polygraphs and LE made an official announcement that he was not a suspect.

There's no question he's off the deep end. Kylr's alibi checked out. Slight possibility that Kara left because she was afraid of him?

At this point, I don't care if I'm right or wrong, it bugs me more and more this case isn't close to being solved and there is nothing more I can do and have looked into just about everything. Where does one go from here?

Whether you're correct or not, I'm convinced at least one of her friends knows something and is keeping quiet.

BTW: I also thought it was quite laughable that the psychic thought she was at the bottom of the Atlantic Ocean. I suppose it's a good way to earn your money without getting proved to be incorrect.

This is interesting, brand new information. Could be rubbish, who knows. The post was from Davis. Does anyone know who Davis is? Any ideas? The poster was from Belton, MO.

Kara ran away.

She is alive.

They are tracking her down, I know because I have been working with the police on this.

She has no connection to Kelsey's case.

I was " close " to kara, was one of her best friends, and as odd for her personality to do this, I'm certain she is alive, and is a run away.

Thoughts and prayers for Kara as another Christmas passes without her.

Hello all, new to the boards and I had a few questions about this case. I have been trying to catch up and read all the posts, but was there ever any info on the last video of kara at school? Or are there other videos besides the one where she is talking to some girl? I watched the video with close attention to non-verbals and just wondered if this aspect of the case has been addressed.

Thanks!

This is interesting, brand new information. Could be rubbish, who knows. The post was from Davis. Does anyone know who Davis is? Any ideas? The poster was from Belton, MO.

Kara ran away.

She is alive.

They are tracking her down, I know because I have been working with the police on this.

She has no connection to Kelsey's case.

I was " close " to kara, was one of her best friends, and as odd for her personality to do this, I'm certain she is alive, and is a run away.

Davis is the same person I was conversing with on Myspace not long after Kara went missing. He is also the same person who posted on KCSR about the police having raided a home and found evidence that Kara had been there but was not there any longer.
He also claims to be the person or one of the people Kara called during school that day. He said she wanted to cut school and hang out and he told her she should stay in school.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mtnbee