Recovered/Located MO - Kavian Elder, 19, Fort Leonard Wood, 3 May 2024

TwinkieDefense

Reaction score
May 22, 2024 short article

[…]

Fort Leonard Wood is searching for a 19-year-old Marine who went missing “without a trace,” according to the Pulaski County Sheriff’s Department.

[…]

Last edited:
May 22, 2024 article

[…]

“Mentally, he wasn’t there,” said Elder. “It’s like he had a full mental breakdown. Because he had a memory loss, and I’ll be specific with you. His words were like, I’m seeing red, I’m seeing blue stars. He couldn’t remember his sibling’s name, his cousin’s name, even his grandparent’s name.”

[…]

MAY 26, 2024
[...]

Kavian Elder, 19, was last seen on May 3. Elder was completing the last phase of his training for the U.S. Marine Corps at Ft. Leonard Wood — a military training installation about 140 miles from St. Louis.

“He chose the Marines, and asked why and he said cause he wanted the challenge," Kavian's mother, Alicia Elder, told ABC24. "Most definitely, I felt like he was fit for it — I don’t know what mind frame he was in at that time or what was going on?”

Elder also told ABC24 she last talked to her son about his progress through the Marine Corps.

[...]

Elder is now categorized as on "unauthorized leave," but the family telling us on this Memorial Day weekend they are still hopeful.

[...]

Noting:

On May 5th, his father was informed Kavian reportedly disappeared.

“Major Witner on the fifth he called me at 8 AM Sunday morning saying my son he did not report for headcount. He said Friday night but ultimately Saturday morning he did not report for headcount,” said Elder. “So, he basically reached out to ask me have I heard from him and I did not, I haven’t Heard from him. What’s going on?”

Kavian is believed to have been last seen on the base.

June 12, 2024 update - oops

[…]

U.S. Marshals and officers with the Bourbon, Mo., Police Department located Private First Class Kavian Elder on Tuesday night. […]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
solaria
Back