GUILTY MO - Larry Weaver, 66, Sikeston, 28 June 2016 *Arrests*

I too hope there is some more information forthcoming soon regarding Larry's disappearance. It seems to me that the motel parking lot must have been scoped out earlier in the evening and then the perps came back with the trailer attached for transport. Or maybe the Avalanche always tows the trailer but I would doubt that. Anyway it would seem that possibly the Avalanche would be seen during an earlier drive by on the security tape, hopefully during early evening hours which would help for identification purposes. I would also expect that someone must have heard something because I can't imagine a confrontation of this sort would be quiet. You would think Larry would be yelling at whoever was stealing his motorcycle and at 3 am I would think the noise would be considerable.

Poor guy.....he pulls into a motel for a peaceful night of rest, minding his own business and some creeps decide to make a victim out of him. This is so wrong.

I wonder if there are other video surveillances of that Chevy Avalanche?
I wonder if there is a storage unit nearby?

IMOO.

Couple of thoughts-----

was he a smoker, happened to be out smoking when he saw someone messing with his bike?

could he see his bike from his room? saw someone messing with it out the window, flipped that lock so the door wouldnt lock behind him and ran out to stop them

Those are both reasons I could see for his room to be left as it was. I am scared for this man because people who steal a motorcycle from outside of a hotel are pretty damn brazen!

Couple of thoughts-----

was he a smoker, happened to be out smoking when he saw someone messing with his bike?

could he see his bike from his room? saw someone messing with it out the window, flipped that lock so the door wouldnt lock behind him and ran out to stop them

Those are both reasons I could see for his room to be left as it was. I am scared for this man because people who steal a motorcycle from outside of a hotel are pretty damn brazen!

He wasn't a smoker. I'm not sure whether he could see his bike from his room.

Stealing a bike from outside a hotel is brazen, but I'm having a hard time seeing how someone could make the jump from motorcycle thief to . . something worse. Makes me wonder if there have been other similar crimes in that area.

I live about 20 minutes from the hotel. This is not what I'd consider a high crime area. I'm baffled, if someone was going to steal his bike, why take him also? I feel horrible for Larry and his family. Praying he will be found soon.

I live about 20 minutes from the hotel. This is not what I'd consider a high crime area. I'm baffled, if someone was going to steal his bike, why take him also? I feel horrible for Larry and his family. Praying he will be found soon.

Maybe they, or the person, had to subdue him because he saw what was going on, or maybe he met that person(s) earlier and could identify the perp(s)?

IMOO.

Has anyone seen a printable missing poster for Larry? They are having a large rally/concert at Boothill Harley tomorrow. I'd like to print some off and take them over there tonight.

Has anyone seen a printable missing poster for Larry? They are having a large rally/concert at Boothill Harley tomorrow. I'd like to print some off and take them over there tonight.

Welcome SnoopySalley! :) Great idea!! :)

There's this one:

https://www.facebook.com/KansasMiss...1183970315141/833966173370248/?type=3&theater

Although it doesn't have the updated version on it about the Chevy Avalanche and trailer seen on video.

Also, maybe check back at this site:

https://www.mshp.dps.missouri.gov/CJ51/Search?id=&column=name&page=6&personType=A&county=

It looks like, for now there is no printable poster for Larry; perhaps in the future?

"518 WEAVER WEAVER, LARRY G Male White 06/26/2016 10/22/1949 DEPT PUBLIC SAFETY-SIKESTON SIKESTON, MO ADULT No Poster Available"

Thank you, hope they put out an updated flyer soon. So many black Harleys , nothing distinguishing about this one, that I could see. I think an Avalanche pulling a trailer may jog someone's memory better.

Apparently it is quick to steal a motorcycle with this style of trailer -- the intent is to part out the bike so there is more motivation for speed than care -- merely back the trailer in beside the motorcycle & tip it over onto the trailer.

6 seconds according to the guys on the motorcycle forum.

Horrible that the motel didn't check his room on Monday and instead gave the perps an additional 24 hours....

Although I don't see a bike in that trailer, I suppose if someone is stealing it to sell it to a strip shop, they aren't worried about scratching the paint or the chrome and could lay it on its side rather than strapping it upright.

I am 100% sure that the hotel/motel maids were in the room on Monday, saw all his things and reported it to management.

Luckily there aren't that many Avalanches on the road.

I fear that Larry's is the victim of foul play.

That's interesting, it only takes around 6 seconds to load a motorcycle. In one of the news articles posted above it stated the Avalanche pulled in and back out 15 minutes later. Sure doesn't sound like perp (s) just pulled in loaded the trailer and left.
Wish we knew what transpired in those 15 minutes. His family needs answers, the heartache they must be going through is unimaginable.

I hope they have checked every nook and cranny of that Days Inn. Has the media reported about the door being partly open? A lot of hotels have doors that don't stay open. They shut as soon as someone lets go. But that Days Inn doesn't get good ratings and might have cheap doors that stay open.

I wonder if Larry could have jumped onto that trailer or into the back of the truck.

I hope they have checked every nook and cranny of that Days Inn. Has the media reported about the door being partly open? A lot of hotels have doors that don't stay open. They shut as soon as someone lets go. But that Days Inn doesn't get good ratings and might have cheap doors that stay open.

I wonder if Larry could have jumped onto that trailer or into the back of the truck.

In this media link from KOAM TV7, it mentions about the door being half way open.

http://www.koamtv.com/story/32358391/police-release-new-lead-in-disappearance-of-pittsburg-man

Apparently it is quick to steal a motorcycle with this style of trailer -- the intent is to part out the bike so there is more motivation for speed than care -- merely back the trailer in beside the motorcycle & tip it over onto the trailer.

6 seconds according to the guys on the motorcycle forum.

Horrible that the motel didn't check his room on Monday and instead gave the perps an additional 24 hours....

In this media link from KOAM TV7, it mentions that housekeeping saw his door half way open on Monday night, so housekeeping was aware of something about his room on Monday, in my opinion.

http://www.koamtv.com/story/32358391/police-release-new-lead-in-disappearance-of-pittsburg-man

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aprilssister94
Back