MO - Lisa Irwin, 10 months, Kansas City, 4 Oct 2011 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, you guys. They are so close to 210 and 435. Yikes.

Re: the guy spotted carrying the baby. If he was on the up and up, wouldn't you go to the police and say "hey, that was me."? There is no way you can live in the KCMO area and not know about this.

I was really hoping this little angel would be home by now. Her poor parents must be distraught. I still feel that this had to be someone that was somewhat familiar with the family, the home and the father's changing schedule otherwise it was the most brazen abductor I've heard of in a long time.

These are my own tweets of all the news stories I found this morning for Lisa:

CaseSignal Case Signal (BeanE)
Lisa Irwin - Authorities Continue Search for Missing Baby -
WDAF Fox 4 Kansas City >> bit.ly/pj4q4s
1 minute ago

Lisa Irwin - Day 2 of search starts for missing Northland infant -
Kansas City Star >> bit.ly/nytsUl
2 minutes ago

Lisa Irwin - Kansas City Police Hunt for Clues on Missing Baby -
ABC News >> abcn.ws/q8KjG3
3 minutes ago

Search For Baby Lisa Irwin Enters Second Day -
KMBC Kansas City >> bit.ly/pUuPHk
3 minutes ago

Lisa Irwin - Missing Missouri Baby: Amber Alert Cancelled as Search Continues -
Good Morning America ABC GMA >> abcn.ws/ozrqXl
4 minutes ago

Lisa Irwin - Police ruling nothing out in search for 10 month old baby Lisa Irwin -
NBCActionNews Kansas City >> bit.ly/r4aj7I
7 minutes ago

ETA: One more

Search For Baby Lisa Irwin Enters Second Day - Video -
KMBC Kansas City - Capt Steve Young Interview >> http://bit.ly/qiDda7

This is so depressing. I was so hoping she would be found by now. Baby Aliayah also needs to be found.

:sigh:

This case continues to be all over KC radio stations. A talk show host on one station just mentioned that the possible midnight sighting has been discredited. I haven't seen this reported elsewhere, but wanted to include it.

Not pointing any blame or fault, but I'm not sure I'd want to stay at a relatives house...I think I'd want to stay at my own house...just in case.

They are a tight-knit family by "Facebook" appearances. The support would be welcome I think, especially for the young boys. Even More important, however, is getting out of the way of crime scene investigators. They've opened their home to them and will not be underfoot. Cooperation with LE is the last best hope of a happy ending, and if not that, justice.

This case continues to be all over KC radio stations. A talk show host on one station just mentioned that the possible midnight sighting has been discredited. I haven't seen this reported elsewhere, but wanted to include it.

I wonder what "discredited" means. Accounted for? (That is, explained away as legitimate baby/ item resembling a baby carrying?) Or does it mean something more negative, like, the (named) neighbor made it up?

Did they say how they discredited it?

I saw the cousin Mike's comments on KCTV 5, too. Trying to think what it could mean.

I wonder what "discredited" means. Accounted for? (That is, explained away as legitimate baby/ item resembling a baby carrying?) Or does it mean something more negative, like, the (named) neighbor made it up?

I'm not sure... that same host just mentioned the case again, but this time she didn't mention that witness at all. Hmmm.

Someone asked earlier if Lisa’s home is in North Kansas City or Kansas City North. The question was already answered (KCN), but to people not from KC, the difference between North Kansas City and Kansas City North might not be clear.

KC is a LARGE city: it's about 318 square feet.

"The Northland" or “Kansas City North” is generally considered any part of Kansas City, Mo., north of the river. It’s much more suburban-like than the rest of Kansas City. Due to annexations from long ago, there are a few other towns and cities INSIDE of Kansas City ....Think of a piece of swiss cheese and you have Kansas City. The City of North Kansas City, Mo., is a town inside Kansas City, Mo., immediately north of the river. North Kansas City is still south of “The Northland” part of Kansas City.

I thought this was so weird when I first moved to KC… when I first moved here, I lived about 20 minutes north of North Kansas City, Mo., but I was still in regular Kansas City, Mo.!

JiaoJiaoShen JiaoJiao Shen
.@NBCActionNews will be carrying the @kcpolice news conference LIVE at 9am for an update on the search for 10-month-old #lisairwin.
7 minutes ago

http://twitter.com/#!/JiaoJiaoShen

BonyenKCTV5 Bonyen Lee
Police are about to brief us on the missing 10 mo. old #LisaIrwin in half an hour. We'll carry it live at 9.
23 minutes ago

http://twitter.com/#!/BonyenKCTV5

Can someone explain to me why they cancelled the amber alert?

I actually am not sure how they got one approved in the first place as they had no suspect or vehicle description?

Here are the MO requirements:

New Activation Process
To activate the AMBER Alert Plan in Missouri, law enforcement agencies must ensure the following criteria are met:

Law enforcement must confirm a child has been abducted.
The child must be age 17 years or younger.
Law enforcement must believe the child is in danger of serious bodily harm or death.
There is enough descriptive information about the child, abductor, and/or suspect's vehicle to believe an immediate broadcast alert will help.

http://www.mshp.dps.mo.gov/MSHPWeb/PatrolDivisions/DDCC/AmberAlert/activationProcess.html

either way it certainly got the attention of the media and the public very quickly

Command post has been up and running all night. 30-40 detectives. Another 50 ready and on call. No good leads. Sent dogs in the woods and will do it again because they can and it is logical.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
genepool48