MO - Lisa Irwin, 10 months, Kansas City, 4 Oct 2011 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Properly trained ones CAN pick up her scent even if she was carried. They can actually pick up the trail of someone in a vehicle! Amazing doggies :)

I thought I read that on one of the other cases I am following here. Do you have any ideas on why they didn't pick up her scent then if it is possible that they can?

Neighbors phoned in 911 reports of "blood curdling screams" emanating from the woods that night, that's why - or rather, at least one did, and others confirm hearing the noise.

Has this been confirmed or was it just a comment posted by someone online?

Someone needs to put out a call to WS SAR experts Oriah and Sarx.

Rarely post here, I'm mainly just a lurker - just wanted to say to keep it up WS'ers, ya'll do an amazing job here. I hope that Baby Lisa is found safe & sound soon - as a mama of an almost- 3 yr old, I can't imagine. Stories like this make me SO GLAD that he sleeps with us every night - I am a helicopter mom for sure, and for good reason, apparently! :)

Nothing wrong with being a helicopter mom, in my opinion!

I hope you post more! We'd love to have you join in with us!! :)

Why do you think the dogs couldn't track her scent away from the house?

Anyone have any ideas?

Just from reading here at WS, scent is picked up and tracked from fallen skin cells.

If her scent wasn't tracked away from the house I would think it's because she was carried out in some kind of container...duffel bag, cooler, etc. jmo

I thought I read that on one of the other cases I am following here. Do you have any ideas on why they didn't pick up her scent then if it is possible that they can?

IMO, she was put in a vehicle immediately.

Nothing wrong with being a helicopter mom, in my opinion!

I hope you post more! We'd love to have you join in with us!! :)

Thank you!! Most other mamas in my peer group (online & otherwise) are all for leaving the young-uns at babysitters, family residences, etc., for a break / date night w/ DH, etc., but I've never been able to do that. I panic at the thought of it... found WS when he was about 2 yrs old and have certainly never been able to leave him since! :innocent:

Why do you think the dogs couldn't track her scent away from the house?

Anyone have any ideas?

He is not married to Mom, yet. Press conference said they plan to marry in the spring. Casenet has a paternity case against dad https://www.courts.mo.gov/casenet/cases/nameSearch.do so we can safely assume he has at least one.

What were they waiting for? Is he/she still married to someone else?
Seems like the point of long engagement moot. Waiting for a party stupid...
Maybe there is a reasonable explanation like - they CANT marry.

Just wanted to say, I hope that LE has entered the homes of the close-in-proximity neighbors (am thinking Jessica Lunsford and the little Breeanna up in Missouri just recently :sigh:

Just from reading here at WS, scent is picked up and tracked from fallen skin cells.

If her scent wasn't tracked away from the house I would think it's because she was carried out in some kind of container...duffel bag, cooler, etc. jmo

Maybe that explains counsin Mike's statement that more than the baby was taken from the house. Maybe a suitcase or baby bag?

That's the weird thing! My neighbors and I were just discussing last night that up until yesterday we knew which house virtually every car driving up our road was associated with. Almost all of the traffic here, belongs here. Sure, there is an exception here and there, but not often. We don't have sidewalks here, but it doesn't stop us from getting out and about, especially lately when it has been perfect weather. This case is just soooo odd.

I know with the good weather people walk alot, I often walk at 11 or 12 at night, maybe the person just walked up and took the baby, going back to their car blocks away. When I walk at night nobody knows I am out there, no lights ever come on, I don't know if the babies window was open but maybe that is possible!

Just wanted to say, I hope that LE has entered the homes of the close-in-proximity neighbors (am thinking Jessica Lunsford and the little Breeanna up in Missouri just recently :sigh:

At the presser earlier, LE said that they had done "knock and talks" with all the neighbors, asking if they'd seen anything and asking to search their homes. They said all the searches they had done up to this point were consensual.

So, it sounds like they've searched everyones homes in the neighborhood who would allow them to.

In regards to neighbors not reporting seeing anything out of the ordinary that night (car, etc)..

I really think this is going to go back to my original theory of her being abducted by someone who knew the family. That persons car wouldn't have really stuck out as being odd if she/he was often around the neighborhood. Also, that person would have known that the father just started working the night shift (the very night that Lisa was taken..) and so the only persons left in the house would be the 3 kids and mom, who would have most likely been in bed.

IMO, the abductor is someone close to the family.

In regards to neighbors not reporting seeing anything out of the ordinary that night (car, etc)..

I really think this is going to go back to my original theory of her being abducted by someone who knew the family. That persons car wouldn't have really stuck out as being odd if she/he was often around the neighborhood. Also, that person would have known that the father just started working the night shift (the very night that Lisa was taken..) and so the only persons left in the house would be the 3 kids and mom, who would have most likely been in bed.

It would seem so. Or either of her older brothers could have casually shared this info with their friends, and maybe an adult overheard it ? MOO

I have a couple of concerns that I don't think I've read yet. Just nagging at me. Why was baby in bed for the night in shorts and a top? It was mentioned that baby had a cold and a cough. I am just throwing this out...certainly not to paint any negative against mom...however, I am wondering if it is possible something happened to baby with cough medicine and mom panicked if she found baby "gone?" Perhaps afraid Dad would be furious that she may have given baby adult cough medicine? Again...just throwing this out because the shorts and top in bed with a ten month old kind of bothers me. Especially if baby had a cold. Colds always worsen at night and I just know with my children I would always bath them in fresh pj's at bedtime. Could be, however, baby fell asleep and mom knowing baby didn't want to wake up just put her to bed in clothing? However...that would mean no clean fresh diaper at bedtime. I always made sure diaper was fresh at bedtime as we all know babies wet during sleep to avoid a mess in morning and so baby can sleep more comfortably.
I am just having a hard time that anyone would have found way around home in dark to get baby...unless in home before. Just some thinking out loud here.

Thank you!! Most other mamas in my peer group (online & otherwise) are all for leaving the young-uns at babysitters, family residences, etc., for a break / date night w/ DH, etc., but I've never been able to do that. I panic at the thought of it... found WS when he was about 2 yrs old and have certainly never been able to leave him since! :innocent:

I agree. My kids have only stayed with my parents, no sitter. Cosleep, breastfed forever...all the no-no's to so many. :rocker:

I've been away all afternoon; don't know what's more exhausting: Refreshing the page all day or being away to come back and find no news. My prayers for baby Lisa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddph