Found Deceased MO - Nicholas Diemel, 35, & Justin, 24, brothers missing, Clinton County, 21 July 2019 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did a little googling and some heavy duty tub grinders can handle grinding livestock carcasses as long as you add wood to it at the same time.. It would surely leave a lot of evidence though...hate thinking and typing this..:(

Context/Background on Braymer, MO (FWIW):
http://www.city-data.com/city/Braymer-Missouri.html
Population in 2014 .......... 849
Land area .......................... 0.56 square miles
Fulltime LE emplee ........... 1 (yes, one ofcr)

Murders, Rape, Robberies ... 0, from 2003-2016
See link ^ for # of assaults, thefts, arson, auto theft, etc.

Caldwell County, MO:
http://www.city-data.com/county/Caldwell_County-MO.html
Population in 2016 ......... 9,106
Land area ......................... 429 sq. mi. + .4 sq. mi. water
Crime in 2005 (reported by the sheriff's office or county police, not the county total):

• Murders: 0
    • Rapes: 1
    • Robberies: 0
    • Assaults: 34
    • Burglaries: 26
    • Thefts: 39
    • Auto thefts: 12
(yes, ^ ancient #s)

Agriculture in Caldwell County:
Average size of farms:................................................................................... 240 acres
The percentage of farms operated by a family or individual: .........................94.47%
Average age of principal farm operators: .....................................................57 years
Average number of cattle and calves per 100 acres of all land in farms:.... 12.66

(^ as noted, for what it's worth^)

Relevance of my post just above:
W. Braymer pop. of 800+ and county pop. of 9100+, seems everyone in town and many in the county would know or know of perp Nelson.
Not easy for a criminal or crimes to remain underground/out of reach/unnoticed. All imo.

Relevance of my post just above:
W. Braymer pop. of 800+ and county pop. of 9100+, seems everyone in town and many in the county would know or know of perp Nelson.
Not easy for a criminal or crimes to remain underground/out of reach/unnoticed. All imo.

I think you are right. If you research his name, even before this week, you find that people do not have kind things to say about him or his business. It sounds like there were more local infractions after he served federal time. Again, the mention of his name is likely one of the reasons law enforcement quickly followed up on the missing persons call for these men.

Has this already been addressed?

I know JN farmed with his Mom. Did she live on that property? Did anyone else reside there? I thought I read that JN actually lived somewhere else, maybe in town?

There’s evidence he was there that morning, since he was driving the truck, but I haven’t read much about others living there.

POSTED 4:51 PM, JULY 27, 2019,
UPDATED AT 04:54PM, JULY 27, 2019 [local]
“BRAYMER, Mo. — Clinton County Sheriff Larry Fish said he and his volunteer searchers are in it for the long haul, a message indicating the investigation into two missing Wisconsin brothers is far from over.

‘It’s going to be long term.’ Fish said. ‘It’s not something that’s going to be cut and dry and quick… it’s going to take a lot of resources and a lot of manpower.’

[SBM]

Fish told FOX4 he would talk more about possible suspects in a press conference at Braymer High School on Monday, July 29 [at 4:30].

[SBM]” (BBM)
‘It’s going to be long term’ – Sheriff gives update on Wisconsin brother’s investigation nearly a week after they went missing

Last edited:
From the press briefing, PM, 7/27 (not all word for word):

1. There will be a press conference at 4:30 PM [CDT] this coming Monday at Braymer High School. I will be releasing more information to you guys at that time;

2. Q. What have you learned about the investigation?
A. That it’s going to be long-term. This isn’t something that’s going to be cut and dry. It’s going to take a lot of resources and manpower;

3. Q. Why are you calling it a death investigation?
A. Based on the fact that we haven’t been able to find them. Through the process of the investigation. I will reveal more of that stuff on Monday;

4. Unfortunately, in our job sometimes you end up dealing with the worst of the worst;

5. Q. Are you guys willing to say Garland Nelson is the suspect you guys have been looking for?
A. I believe that if you read the probable cause affidavit they released about him, which I will go into more on Monday ... I will explain it to you.”

Last edited:
Has this already been addressed?

I know JN farmed with his Mom. Did she live on that property? Did anyone else reside there? I thought I read that JN actually lived somewhere else, maybe in town?

There’s evidence he was there that morning, since he was driving the truck, but I haven’t read much about others living there.

Her name is listed as the owner of the company he was working for. He has younger siblings it appears. I would think they reside at the residence with her.

The sheriff's comment about this being a long term investigation that will involve lots of resources makes me think that this incident involves more than just JN and the brothers. I wonder if they stumbled upon a large scale operation of who knows what?

POSTED 4:51 PM, JULY 27, 2019,
UPDATED AT 04:54PM, JULY 27, 2019 [local]
“BRAYMER, Mo. — Clinton County Sheriff Larry Fish said he and his volunteer searchers are in it for the long haul, a message indicating the investigation into two missing Wisconsin brothers is far from over.

‘It’s going to be long term.’ Fish said. ‘It’s not something that’s going to be cut and dry and quick… it’s going to take a lot of resources and a lot of manpower.’

[SBM]

Fish told FOX4 he would talk more about possible suspects in a press conference at Braymer High School on Monday, July 29 [at 4:30].

[SBM]” (BBM)
‘It’s going to be long term’ – Sheriff gives update on Wisconsin brother’s investigation nearly a week after they went missing

The sheriff's comment about this being a long term investigation that will involve lots of resources makes me think that this incident involves more than just JN and the brothers. I wonder if they stumbled upon a large scale operation of who knows what?

I agree, sounds like there’s more to it.
jmo

so NOW he's considered a "danger to the public?" i don't understand how these guys go to jail for doing terrible things, get let out early for whatever bs reasons are given by the "justice" system, then have to murder someone (or 2) before they get labelled a "danger to the public."
I really believe the people responsible for early releasing prisoners should be held accountable if the prisoner goes on to commit another crime.

But, until they have actual evidence of a crime occurring, it isn’t wrong to give a guy a ride, correct? So, they may know who gave him a ride back from the truck to the farm but not have a charge yet.
If someone followed him to the place he abandoned the truck, and they have video evidence of that, then they would be able to charge aiding and abetting (or something similar).

However, he was parked across from a couple of gas stations and/or a truck stop, so I’m wondering if maybe he just walked across and asked someone for a lift. He’s got that friendly good ole country boy vibe, so he could have just struck up a conversation with someone, told them his truck had broken down and asked for a ride back to his farm so he could get the tools he needed to fix it, and (whoever) would give him a ride back to town.

If that were the case, no one would be charged because they wouldn’t have had any idea what had happened.

I sure hope no one else knew what he was doing and helped him. If they did, they deserve to be charged just as much as he does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
just_a_shouthern_gal