Found Deceased MO - Nicholas Diemel, 35, & Justin, 24, brothers missing, Clinton County, 21 July 2019 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have a gut feeling that does not involve the brothers being no longer with us? I absolutely hope I'm wrong but I can't think of a scenario so far (that makes at least some sense given what we know) that puts them alive somewhere waiting to be found.

Does anyone have a gut feeling that does not involve the brothers being no longer with us? I absolutely hope I'm wrong but I can't think of a scenario so far (that makes at least some sense given what we know) that puts them alive somewhere waiting to be found.
IMO The only hope is that there was a fight over money and they've been injured and locked in a cellar or something like that and it's all gotten out of hand. From the very beginning I had a bad feeling, missed flight, no contact with anyone, wife and kiddies at home, abandoned truck, didn't look good from the outset. The immediate search, the burn pile, I don't think they're alive but will be very happy to be proven wrong.

That’s very kind of you. Thank you so much, and ditto!

Initially I found the case intriguing because I didn’t know anything about livestock-farming (I’m not even sure if that’s the correct term ...). I didn’t understand why Nick and Justin, as livestock owners based in Wisconsin, would have to travel to Missouri to conduct business. I had no clue. Their company Facebook was helpful in trying to understand what their line of work entails.

And now I really, really want them to be found safe and back with their family. They both seem like good, hard-working guys, and I just hate it when bad things happen to good people.

If it turns out that (G)JN is involved in their disappearance, I would be very much interested to find out more about him. By age 21, he had been running a fraudulent scheme for over two years. A crime significant enough that it landed him in federal prison for two years. Just a little over a year since being released from custody, what has he done?

He's been scamming others it appears. I am assuming

Keep in mind it is not unusual for a farm to have a burn pile. There is often brush and trees than need cleared out and what isn't good for any other purpose is generally dragged somewhere and burnt after enough accumulates and risk of the fire spreading is low. Still that's a good first place to look.

I feel the same way as you. They have been gone too long... The only way one guy could over power two is with a gun.

I feel the same way as you. They have been gone too long... The only way one guy could over power two is with a gun.
Perhaps the two were separated when (if they were) attacked. It would be easier to take them down one at a time when they were separated than both at once. Still wouldn't be surprising if a weapon was used even then.

Ok didn't know this...
This is a link to a story involving hogs, but it also involves a child, and may be the worst case of child abuse I have ever known of, so if that will be too difficult please don’t read it!

The Horrific Story of: The Boy Who Was Fed to Pigs | Foster Focus

I worry that if the cattle farmer has hogs or has access to a hog farm nearby, the two men could have been killed and disposed of by feeding them to the hogs.

As others have said, I think the odds of a positive outcome here are slim to none. It’s encouraging that law enforcement took their missing person report seriously right away, though, and immediately began trying to find them and investigating what may have happened. So, so many times we see police saying “They’re adults, they can go missing if they want to.”

I just watched "Life After Leavenworth: A Cattle Producer Shares His Story" on Iowa public television website. I would suggest watching it. If this is the farmer they would have been involved with I got the impression that he doesn't think he did anything wrong when committing the cattle fraud he was convicted of and I could see him spinning it to others that way.

I am still praying for a miracle.

Thanks for alerting us to this!!

Wow! Thanks for the heads up. Here is a YouTube link

Thanks for posting the link.

“I broke a rule on a loan. I didn’t commit a crime.”

Wow. That’s all I can say. He seems to have no remorse. The smiles. The laughs. Was it all just one big joke to him?

Yeah. There are ALL kinds of red flags about that dude just from the short video. It's a huge jump from fraud to murder but I definitely don't get a good feeling about this case. Especially the longer it goes on.

This case is just so heartbreaking, and it continues to trend in an awful direction toward a seemingly inevitable tragic conclusion.

This many days passed with no word from the brothers + authorities focusing all efforts on searching one site for days + dogs being brought in + words like “burn pile” and “pond” being mentioned + the property being tied to a former felon all adds up to a very ugly picture. I’m afraid the authorities have a really good idea of what happened and where, and they’re just waiting for remains to be discovered at this point for the arrest and announcement to the press.

I so hope I’m wrong, especially for the sake of those sweet little kids who miss their daddy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MelonyAnn