Found Deceased MO - Nicholas Diemel, 35, & Justin, 24, brothers missing, Clinton County, 21 July 2019 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nelson’s movements on 7/21:
11:44: Departs 3321 SE Catawba RD, Braymer [per truck’s black box];

{34 min.}

12:18: Truck recorded on Casey’s General Store Polo, Mo, 64671 Caldwell County security camera

Recorded on the Bank Northwest security camera. There appears to be no passenger in the front passenger seat;

12:19: Recorded on Hy-Klas Foods Polo, Mo. Again, there appears to be no passenger in the front passenger seat;

{26 min.}

12:45: Truck pulls into commuter lot in Holt, Mo. Clinton County, and is left running with the keys in ignition and lights on. [Unclear as to whether based on black box info. or recorded on camera]

Total trip time: 1 hr. 1 min.

Per Google Maps:
3321 SE Catawba RD > Casey’s, Polo:
18 min.
Google Maps

Casey’s, Polo > Bank Northwest, Polo
> Hy-Klas Foods, Polo > State Hwy PP, Holt:
20 min.
Google Maps

Google Maps total trip time: 38 min.
8E2F4F2A-D3D9-4116-A23F-354352159874.jpeg A950A2D4-0793-455B-954D-1B76B96269D6.jpeg 50FB6A49-8209-480B-A2D4-8E01D191424C.jpeg
A0581E0F-0E35-4024-A34E-9E167CA34F71.jpeg 5B57EC2E-A4CF-4ACB-BAC5-7AAFDFE3DE50.jpeg

Last edited:

From the article:
Clinton County Sheriff Larry Fish said the investigation had turned from a missing persons investigation to a death investigation, which remains ongoing.

Nelson has not been charged in the brothers' death. It's not clear if the brothers' bodies were found.

My heart just hurts so much for these families. It sure seems like local or state or federal officials messed up in some way to let JN continue to be involved with cattle.

It was probably sometime shortly after 11that JN started running out of excuses...

QUOTE="therion20, post: 15271696, member: 202141"]William Joy on Twitter

According to charging documents, the GPS information from the brothers truck shows them arriving at the farm at 9:30. The truck left the farm at 11:44. An employee for the brothers told me he spoke with them on the phone at 11 and everything seemed fine (
@kmbc
)[/QUOTE]

Both my grandparents had farms. There were burn piles on both. The brush and tree limbs that came from clearing out fence lines were burned there. Big stuff became firewood, but the small stuff was burn pile. And maybe a wiener roast if the weather was cool.

Actually burning all kinds of household and farm trash in a burn pile instead of taking it to a landfill used to be very common--but much less nowadays with environmental regulations.

Just a theory, but my guess is he will claim it was self defense since it was 2 against 1. He will claim he knew nobody would believe that given his record, so he disposed of the bodies. Or, since he worked for or with his mom, she will say she committed the crime and take the fall. He will claim he just took the truck to help her. There had to be two people involved unless he walked home which is unlikely. Remember, he's a good talker.

Emily Holwick KMBC on Twitter

Clinton County Sheriff says the search for missing Wisconsin brothers is now a “death investigation.” They are still actively searching and did not say what evidence lead them to that determination.
@kmbc
When I first saw this, it literally made me physically ill.

Prayers to Nick, Justin and their families.

Emily Holwick KMBC on Twitter

Clinton County Sheriff says the search for missing Wisconsin brothers is now a “death investigation.” They are still actively searching and did not say what evidence lead them to that determination.
@kmbc
This is just so heartbreaking. My thoughts are with their family and friends. Brutal ending to their lives.

Just a theory, but my guess is he will claim it was self defense since it was 2 against 1. He will claim he knew nobody would believe that given his record, so he disposed of the bodies. Or, since he worked for or with his mom, she will say she committed the crime and take the fall. He will claim he just took the truck to help her. There had to be two people involved unless he walked home which is unlikely. Remember, he's a good talker.
Respectfully, I doubt this. I think he will will be charged with 2 counts of first degree murder. JMO.

Per link* perp Nelson was 22 y/o, when sentenced to 2 yrs w/out parole. Would have been ~ 19 y/o when he got $158,000 loan thru USDA.
Early bloomer for a con man. Did he skip the nickel & dime entry-level crimes?

Sad, sad, sad that the Diemels ever crossed paths w him.

*. Braymer man sentenced in 3-part cattle fraud scheme – KTTN-FM 92.3 and KGOZ -FM 101.7 Serving north Missouri pub. Oct 2016
Loan Fraud. I wonder what, if any, collateral is required (presumably the cattle, what else?). Any co-signers?

- April 2013, got two livestock operating loans from USDA Farm Serv. Agency/lender.
- April 2013 to July 2014, sold cattle under false names, violating loan terms.
- Jan 2015, stopped making loan paymts.
- June 2015, filed Chap 7 bankruptcy.
- Nov 2015, pleaded guilty to fraud scheme, w. $138,452 loss and other fraud, for $262,450 total.

- Nov 2016, to report to prison, to start serving fed sentence.

So JN entered prison for a 2 year sentence in November 2016. Which puts him out on or around November 2018. So after around 8 months of being free, he is involved in another crime (very likely murder from what we know)?

Per link* perp Nelson was 22 y/o, when sentenced to 2 yrs w/out parole. Would have been ~ 19 y/o when he got $158,000 loan thru USDA.
Early bloomer for a con man. Did he skip the nickel & dime entry-level crimes?

Sad, sad, sad that the Diemels ever crossed paths w him.

*. Braymer man sentenced in 3-part cattle fraud scheme – KTTN-FM 92.3 and KGOZ -FM 101.7 Serving north Missouri pub. Oct 2016
Loan Fraud. I wonder what, if any, collateral is required (presumably the cattle, what else?). Any co-signers?

- April 2013, got two livestock operating loans from USDA Farm Serv. Agency/lender.
- April 2013 to July 2014, sold cattle under false names, violating loan terms.
- Jan 2015, stopped making loan paymts.
- June 2015, filed Chap 7 bankruptcy.
- Nov 2015, pleaded guilty to fraud scheme, w. $138,452 loss and other fraud, for $262,450 total.

- Nov 2016, to report to prison, to start serving fed sentence.
Yes. A criminal in the making.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member