MO - Off-duty officer (Katlyn Alix) shot dead by on-duty officer (Nathaniel Hendren), Jan 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where does it say there is a PC on Friday, and does anyone know the time?

<snip>
An off-duty police officer was accidentally shot and killed by another officer in St. Louis early Thursday morning, authorities said.

The accidental shooting occurred around 1 a.m. local time <snip>
St. Louis police officer kills another officer in accidental shooting: Authorities
Notice how the word *accidental* appears in the headline and the first 2 sentences...(the headline is at the link). They sure are emphatic about that. Hmmm. JMO

I think the editors <accidentally>missed a couple of accidental references in that lead sentence, though. I'm pretty sure what they meant to say was:

An <accidentally>off-duty police officer was accidentally shot and killed by another officer in St. Louis early Thursday morning, authorities <accidentally> said.

Last edited:
I hope the truth comes out soon, whatever it is. Easy to see that the two who were on duty should, at a minimum, be fired. As for the shooting, nobody could ask for anything less than a thorough investigation.
But a sweeping condemnation of a whole group of people is unwarranted and unfair.

Mentions white SUV sitting outside hospital, broken windshield, crime scene tape. Interesting.

This isn't looking good, is it? Also snipped from same article:

Why were the two male officers, who were supposed to be patrolling another part of town, inside a home with Alix, who was off-duty? Why was one of those officers handling a revolver that reportedly wasn’t a service weapon?

And most important, how could a highly trained cop accidentally fire the gun straight into Alix’s chest?

I wish the involved officers well with crafting their responses to these 3 questions.
As a general rule, I give LE the benefit of the doubt in any officer-involved shooting...they have dangerous jobs.

This time, my eyebrows are firmly lodged somewhere north of my forehead.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member