Deceased/Not Found MO - Renee Pernice, 35, Kansas City, 2 Jan 2009 - *S. Pernice guilty*

I don't know if there is going to be another search, but I know when they did the last search they only would allow 100 people searching and a lot of people who wanted to volunteer were not able to help.

But with the vast wooded areas in and around Kansas City, I would think having lots of people searching everywhere would be a good thing. It never would have occurred to me that Kelsey Smith's body would be at Longview Lake after she was abducted from Overland Park, and if not for her cell phone pings the police would not have known to search there, either. So really, Renee could be anywhere.

Right, and like they did with Scott Peterson - give him enough rope to hang himself. For my own selfish reasons I am glad to know that they followed him and he released Renee's dog. But I sort of wish the police had kept that under wraps because now he knows they are watching him. I wish he didn't know they were watching him so he'd do all kinds of stupid incriminating things. But from what people who know him have said he's not all that bright (just thinks he is), so he'll mess up anyway.
They didn't have a choice but to release that information because they used it to obtain the search warrant. It gave them probable cause to feel that since he was letting her dog go that he had knowledge she was not going to return.

They didn't have a choice but to release that information because they used it to obtain the search warrant. It gave them probable cause to feel that since he was letting her dog go that he had knowledge she was not going to return.

Yeah, true. I just wish Shon wasn't aware they are watching him...

OT: It occurred to me that is exactly where they would find Kelsey Smith. I mentioned it a couple of times early on. It just seemed logical to me. :( What a sad, sad case.

SS is right as usual. I am of the opinion that by the time data hits most, it has already been run down. It's what we do not know that is in question.

I find it strange they would not allow people who wanted to volunteer to search to do so. Maybe they did not have enough leaders in place at the time, but they could have set up another search. The volunteers could have been instrumental in other ways such as putting up fliers or canvassing the area. They need all the help they can get!

Drivenon~ How true! It is what we do not know that is in question. Why do they always do that to us?! They make us work so hard for those answers.

The story hit a little closer to home today as there was a note in my church bulletin about some members who know Renee. I pray that this is resolved soon!

It is going to take time to find Renee, imo. I am hoping either he will slip up with his bragging or he will give clues to indicate where she can be located soon.

I still think the lake north of there is a good place to look.

Hi, this is my first post here. I just wanted to comment on the official lists of items that were removed from the house by police, and how MANY of the items were noted as being "heme +/ luminol +" When I first read the news articles that said there were areas that tested positive for human blood, I thought, well, a house with kids & dogs, there are bound to be some traces here & there... but whoa! After reading the list of all the luminol positive areas & items, it sounds like the place must have lit up like a Christmas tree. Yuk. And all those shoes - a luminol-positive shoeprint perhaps?

It is going to take time to find Renee, imo. I am hoping either he will slip up with his bragging or he will give clues to indicate where she can be located soon.

I still think the lake north of there is a good place to look.

I agree, Smithville Lake or even the Missouri River. Shon would have to cross the river everyday to go to the fire station he worked at or to get to the HazMat one he visited around 4:30am on January 3rd. I just wonder why there have been no more searches.

Hi, this is my first post here. I just wanted to comment on the official lists of items that were removed from the house by police, and how MANY of the items were noted as being "heme +/ luminol +" When I first read the news articles that said there were areas that tested positive for human blood, I thought, well, a house with kids & dogs, there are bound to be some traces here & there... but whoa! After reading the list of all the luminol positive areas & items, it sounds like the place must have lit up like a Christmas tree. Yuk. And all those shoes - a luminol-positive shoeprint perhaps?

Hi and welcome! I, too, was disturbed by all the luminol and hem evidence taken. Good deduction about the possible footprint! I hadn't thought about that. It does make sense though since they took so many pairs of shoes...We can only hope and pray that the evidence they have is going to lead them to Renee and hopefully an arrest soon.

It ties in with him breaking into the hazmat unit where the chemicals are stored. LE would be able to tell about clean up efforts in those areas where blood was found and take samples to see if those chemicals were used that he had access to from there. They could also be on his shoes. ;)

I believe if there was a map done of all the locatios shon was know to be lately that would enable a more direct sleuthing path.
Locations such as the house,the phone location,the park,the hazmat station,where he picked his daughter up from,previous addresses if able to find them,as well as addresses of teachers ,and their places of work. I dont think he went to far out of his normal routes of travel. Hopefully he took his cell with him and the pings will show.
I do not have the addresses to any of these places and went searching for them with no luck and running short on time. So if anyone wants to help by pming me an address or working on a map let me know!

I believe if there was a map done of all the locatios shon was know to be lately that would enable a more direct sleuthing path.
Locations such as the house,the phone location,the park,the hazmat station,where he picked his daughter up from,previous addresses if able to find them,as well as addresses of teachers ,and their places of work. I dont think he went to far out of his normal routes of travel. Hopefully he took his cell with him and the pings will show.
I do not have the addresses to any of these places and went searching for them with no luck and running short on time. So if anyone wants to help by pming me an address or working on a map let me know!

I attempted the same thing.. google maps are odd, it consistently went into scroll mode when trying to link them and remained in a loop until I refreshed -then all my work was gone. I have vista.. and I think that may have been the problem (Java-conflict) I inlisted the help of someone else who didn't come through. So, I resorted to using a different map service, the old fashioned kind..lol
You are right, he put her near his comfort zone. I wonder if a new ground search will happen anytime soon.

I wondered if LE didnt want the ground search to continue because they have hopes about finding her and didnt want evidence disturbed. I Couldnt figure out any other reason for them not wanting the publics help when it has been offered.
Did you try google earth? Not sure how that would do for you but i used it once to map locations of edmontons unsolved murders (years ago) and it did well with that. That was on xp.
I have found some addresses but still need the hazmat address.

I wondered if LE didnt want the ground search to continue because they have hopes about finding her and didnt want evidence disturbed. I Couldnt figure out any other reason for them not wanting the publics help when it has been offered.
Did you try google earth? Not sure how that would do for you but i used it once to map locations of edmontons unsolved murders (years ago) and it did well with that. That was on xp.
I have found some addresses but still need the hazmat address.

Yes, I have google earth.. still a conflict...I was 'so' frustrated.
I believe I read the hazmat address in an earlier news clip online. I will search later and if I find it, I will pm it to you.

Looking at the area surrounding where his mother lives, where the phone was dropped, and Line Creek park where he dropped the dog...there just doesn't appear to be a very good location for dumping her without being noticed, imo. I didn't use addresses except for the phone location which I used Sixth street and Gladstone.

Here is a post from Goose who did the maps already:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3204224&postcount=182

I went to the search warrants, when Shon's car was searched the documents listed his car was at
7010 North Holmes, Gladstone, MO. We can assume
since Shon was at his mothers, according the media stories we have got, That this would be her address.
I reversed the address and it is listed to a K. Behr who works as a staff member in the City of Gladstone. Here is a map of that address.
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sou...1033,-94.573381&spn=0.00497,0.016909&t=h&z=16

This is my theory of where to search:

Maybe they should look at Smithville Reservoir. It is straight up US-169 N and is approximately 20 miles or 30 minutes depending on where you go there. It would be opposite of where the phone was dumped and far enough away that her dog would not have been able to track her easily from Line Creek Park.

Looking at the area surrounding where his mother lives, where the phone was dropped, and Line Creek park where he dropped the dog...there just doesn't appear to be a very good location for dumping her without being noticed, imo. I didn't use addresses except for the phone location which I used Sixth street and Gladstone.

Here is a post from Goose who did the maps already:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3204224&postcount=182

This is my theory of where to search:

Maybe they should look at Smithville Reservoir. It is straight up US-169 N and is approximately 20 miles or 30 minutes depending on where you go there. It would be opposite of where the phone was dumped and far enough away that her dog would not have been able to track her easily from Line Creek Park.

I definately think that should be searched. But I am feeling this guy was a medic and military man. Id bet she is in the National Guard area where he would know it is next to impossible to get a civillian search warrant and the military would not be thrilled to have this guy exposed amongst their ranks.
Hope I am wrong..

I just see that as being too risky tho. The grounds around an armory are used at times for "games", aren't they? What is surveillance like there? Wouldn't they be able to tell by his cell phone pings if he were around that area during those couple of days?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RyanO9600
Back