MO - Ronnie A Bolin, 33, Jefferson County, 8 July 1996

I missed a few days & am trying to catch up on reading through threads.

1. I tend to believe that that 'father' told the truth about the wood chipper/skull wouldn't go through/chopped & tossed across states murder. Wright gave tremendous detail - hate to say it, but I imagine Wright was very proud & boasting at what he'd done, and prob' got even a bit carried away - it's been mentioned that Wright & MS are the sort of people lacking in awareness of how others actually view them.....

2. I vaguely recall the area where the car was left, and I was in that area so many years prior. My guess is that the murderer left the victim's car there figuring that it would be stolen pretty dang quickly: Keys in the car & driver door ajar ------ that would attract anyone to do 'walk by's'. MAYBE the car didn't get stolen because police at that time were doing 'bait car' sting operations & the locals had their antennae up.

3. Do we know exactly where Mark Sievers (physically, bodily) was throughout this entire time frame?

4. Agree that it makes sense that Wright likely was a thief-IMO and just lean that way. My guess about the car issue was Wright's mindset was: So I buy a car from you on credit - hey I gave you a down payment & that's it - how dare you bad mouth ME to any of my pals, to my mum, to potential GF's, etc. - now Go Away. If any of us here are involved in 12 Step programs, it is said that active addicts IPSO FACTO, by definition, are crooks, thieves & liars.

I would imagine, too, that if the victim showed 'goodness', Bible-toting? Jesus saved me? Jesus saved me & let me try to help you? sort of conduct toward Wright, IN WRIGHT'S HEAD, that in itself would 'justify' the murder ('he deserves it', 'what a loser', 'what a hypocrite!').

5. This ties over to Jimmy Rogers & Wright: Why the heck would Wright not have insisted all the evidence be disposed of properly? It makes ZERO sense to me Wright did not 'take control' over that aspect of the aftermath. What I'm GUESSING is that Jimmy wanted the hammer & the bloody painter's outfit as 'souvenirs'/'trophies', and tricked Wright somehow. I can't think of how Jimmy could think up a workable lie to say to Wright. We all need to remember that these alleged murderers, Wright, Rogers and 'still in the envelope' X?Y? ALL were convinced they had concocted The Perfect Crime and NEVER EVER WOULD they be caught -----NEVER did they think ANYONE could have any suspicion of ANY of them (if Mark Sievers was 'in on this', "well I was in CT & 20 people can verify that I was there, detective florida" ..........perhaps this #5 ought to be cut&pasted over the the crime scene or a Wright/Rogers thread?

I'm not thinking so much of open threats, more of the type of loyalty expected in any criminal organization. The person becomes your bro, you share a secret together, you 're expected to take care of each other. If one becomes an ex-con while the other transitions into the upper middle-class, the caretaking is going to be pretty much one way.

It could also work the other way, MS would have someone to call on to do his dirty work. But not by open threats, what happened in the past that bound them together might never be discussed.

Just speculating, mostly about the psychological angle.

I'm not thinking so much of open threats, more of the type of loyalty expected in any criminal organization. The person becomes your bro, you share a secret together, you 're expected to take care of each other. If one becomes an ex-con while the other transitions into the upper middle-class, the caretaking is going to be pretty much one way.

It could also work the other way, MS would have someone to call on to do his dirty work. But not by open threats, what happened in the past that bound them together might never be discussed.

Just speculating, mostly about the psychological angle.

Exactly! Thank you for saying what I was trying to say.
A bond. A brotherhood.

I think you're correct about why they left the car in that location. It's not the best area of town.

I missed a few days & am trying to catch up on reading through threads.

1. I tend to believe that that 'father' told the truth about the wood chipper/skull wouldn't go through/chopped & tossed across states murder. Wright gave tremendous detail - hate to say it, but I imagine Wright was very proud & boasting at what he'd done, and prob' got even a bit carried away - it's been mentioned that Wright & MS are the sort of people lacking in awareness of how others actually view them.....

2. I vaguely recall the area where the car was left, and I was in that area so many years prior. My guess is that the murderer left the victim's car there figuring that it would be stolen pretty dang quickly: Keys in the car & driver door ajar ------ that would attract anyone to do 'walk by's'. MAYBE the car didn't get stolen because police at that time were doing 'bait car' sting operations & the locals had their antennae up.

3. Do we know exactly where Mark Sievers (physically, bodily) was throughout this entire time frame?

4. Agree that it makes sense that Wright likely was a thief-IMO and just lean that way. My guess about the car issue was Wright's mindset was: So I buy a car from you on credit - hey I gave you a down payment & that's it - how dare you bad mouth ME to any of my pals, to my mum, to potential GF's, etc. - now Go Away. If any of us here are involved in 12 Step programs, it is said that active addicts IPSO FACTO, by definition, are crooks, thieves & liars.

I would imagine, too, that if the victim showed 'goodness', Bible-toting? Jesus saved me? Jesus saved me & let me try to help you? sort of conduct toward Wright, IN WRIGHT'S HEAD, that in itself would 'justify' the murder ('he deserves it', 'what a loser', 'what a hypocrite!').

5. This ties over to Jimmy Rogers & Wright: Why the heck would Wright not have insisted all the evidence be disposed of properly? It makes ZERO sense to me Wright did not 'take control' over that aspect of the aftermath. What I'm GUESSING is that Jimmy wanted the hammer & the bloody painter's outfit as 'souvenirs'/'trophies', and tricked Wright somehow. I can't think of how Jimmy could think up a workable lie to say to Wright. We all need to remember that these alleged murderers, Wright, Rogers and 'still in the envelope' X?Y? ALL were convinced they had concocted The Perfect Crime and NEVER EVER WOULD they be caught -----NEVER did they think ANYONE could have any suspicion of ANY of them (if Mark Sievers was 'in on this', "well I was in CT & 20 people can verify that I was there, detective florida" ..........perhaps this #5 ought to be cut&pasted over the the crime scene or a Wright/Rogers thread?

I think it is quite possible that the "initial envelope of suspicion" was opened in 1996. JMO

I, respectfully, disagree.
Since CWW has always been the POI in the RB disappearance, he could have been threatening MS for years. Dangling this over his head. That may explain MS bringing him into his life with Dr. T. He may have not had a choice.

IDK. But at this point...it wouldn't surprise me.
BBM
Maybe in the "thinking process" of a criminal mind. But "the living" always have choices. Call the police in your local community, send an anonymous letter, call the FBI, offer yourself up as a witness for a lesser sentence (but that sounds altruistic, huh? "Tis a far, far better thing I do, than I have ever done before..."??) IDK...but if he was privy to information on the disappearance of RB, was he willing to take that secret to his grave???

BBM
Maybe in the "thinking process" of a criminal mind. But "the living" always have choices. Call the police in your local community, send an anonymous letter, call the FBI, offer yourself up as a witness for a lesser sentence (but that sounds altruistic, huh? "Tis a far, far better thing I do, than I have ever done before..."??) IDK...but if he was privy to information on the disappearance of RB, was he willing to take that secret to his grave???

Sounds great. But in reality, snitches get stitches.
Scammers and criminals do not call their local LE or FBI.
And if MS was at the very least privy to info and at most complicit in any way...he would be insane to involve LE. Knowing enough about CWW to know his capabilities.

But again...JMO and I am probably waaaaaay off.

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/crim...-interest-in-preachers-disappearance_47698865

>>>snip

...In April, the brother said Wright and another unidentified man had pulled up next to Bolin in traffic and fired a shot into his driver’s side window...

<<<snip

From SeesSeas post #223 in CWW's thread:

Subscription - http://www.naplesnews.com/web/npdn/n...rance_70184697

Wright&#8217;s criminal history includes a handful of drug charges, including an arrest for possession in May 1996, just two months before Bolin went missing. Police in a suburb of St. Louis found a .22-caliber revolver, a black plastic scale and three glass vials of a white powdery substance in Wright&#8217;s Camaro during a traffic stop, according to an arrest report.

I'm almost certain I saw somewhere that CWW was charged with "illegal discharge of firearm", but I can't find it now. Does anyone else remember this, and know where I can find it? TIA

Anyway, I'm wondering about the date of this "illegal discharge" charge. Was it in April of 1996? If so, add it to the list of reasons CWW is a suspect in Ronnie Bolin's disappearance.

Amazing how with all their illegal activities they have NOTHING to show for it. Where was the money going? They seem to be incompetent in every aspect of life. Wow.

"incompetent", YES and they don't give up. I read the article on the Naples News link---YIKES, what were they doing in Kentucky?! I'm sure LE's investigating all places known they've been.

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/crim...-interest-in-preachers-disappearance_47698865

>>>snip

...In April, the brother said Wright and another unidentified man had pulled up next to Bolin in traffic and fired a shot into his driver&#8217;s side window...

<<<snip

From SeesSeas post #223 in CWW's thread:

Subscription - http://www.naplesnews.com/web/npdn/n...rance_70184697

Wright&#8217;s criminal history includes a handful of drug charges, including an arrest for possession in May 1996, just two months before Bolin went missing. Police in a suburb of St. Louis found a .22-caliber revolver, a black plastic scale and three glass vials of a white powdery substance in Wright&#8217;s Camaro during a traffic stop, according to an arrest report.

I'm almost certain I saw somewhere that CWW was charged with "illegal discharge of firearm", but I can't find it now. Does anyone else remember this, and know where I can find it? TIA

Anyway, I'm wondering about the date of this "illegal discharge" charge. Was it in April of 1996? If so, add it to the list of reasons CWW is a suspect in Ronnie Bolin's disappearance.

There was an unlawful use of weapon felony charge in August 2nd, 1996 for CCW, case 2196R-04141-01

https://www.courts.mo.gov/casenet/cases/searchDockets.do

-Nin

There was an unlawful use of weapon felony charge in August 2nd, 1996 for CCW, case 2196R-04141-01

-Nin
Excellent info, the date is AFTER BOLIN WENT MISSING!
Hmmm, sounds like somebody had to explain "THE SMELL" of a recently fired weapon AND/OR the GSR (gun shot residue) on their clothing. I can just hear it now when the detective asked, "Did you fire your gun lately, 'cause it SMELLS like it has recently been fired." CWW (just guessing ok...so give me some THEORY latitude :drumroll:)) replies, "Well yes officer, I did just recently, accidentally and unlawfully fired my weapon....you got me! I'll just have to plead no contest and pay my fine....because that is the Wright thing to do."
And, even though Missoure LE was suspicious, what could they do without a body? I think it was smart of them to go through the paperwork and at least document the "recently fired weapon" as part of their missing persons investigation and POI interviews.

-Nin

Charge 8th May 1996 suspended sentence for the drug offence completed18th December 1996.
Charge 8th May 1996 suspended sentence for the unlawful use of a weapon commenced 18th December 1996 probation completed 18th December 2001.

So CWW was out on ?bond/parole when RB 'disappeared" in early July 1996 and continued to be on parole until December 2001. I trust my interpretation is correct.

CWW-record.jpg

-Nin

Kind of explained above, but this charge actually occurred in May 1996, while RB was still alive. Click on the Charges, Judgements & Sentences tab. The date on the left shows the date of the charge.

May is close to April. Maybe the brother was mistaken on time, or maybe CWW carried the gun around with him all the time in those days, resulting in this charge near the same time.

Also, to whoever said/asked if CWW was out on bond at the time RB disappeared, my understanding is yes. Either on bond or on his own recognizance. (On my phone, can't look at Casenet & type this at the same time).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kind of explained above, but this charge actually occurred in May 1996, while RB was still alive. Click on the Charges, Judgements & Sentences tab. The date on the left shows the date of the charge.

May is close to April. Maybe the brother was mistaken on time, or maybe CWW carried the gun around with him all the time in those days, resulting in this charge near the same time.

Also, to whoever said/asked if CWW was out on bond at the time RB disappeared, my understanding is yes. Either on bond or on his own recognizance. (On my phone, can't look at Casenet & type this at the same time).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks SUNKIST, Great catch by the way! (Can't get anything past this crew:blushing:)...THAT particular Gun charge is before RB disappeared....But does that mean CWW no longer has access to the same gun, similiar gun, a borrowed weapon, or a weapon he later reported as stolen?
Mr. Bolin's family must be in shambles over how this is finally reaching today's media. Never being able to give your family member a proper funeral...so much sorrow.

Thanks SUNKIST, Great catch by the way! (Can't get anything past this crew:blushing:)...THAT particular Gun charge is before RB disappeared....But does that mean CWW no longer has access to the same gun, similiar gun, a borrowed weapon, or a weapon he later reported as stolen?
Mr. Bolin's family must be in shambles over how this is finally reaching today's media. Never being able to give your family member a proper funeral...so much sorrow.
Didn't CWW fire a gun at Bolin while Bolin was in his car? Could this be why CWW was charged in May 1996 with an unlawful use of a weapon?

Just realized above has already been addressed.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Suspect in Sievers' death, Curtis Wayne Wright, to be extradited to Florida
3:25 PM, Sep 30, 2015
http://www.naplesnews.com/news/crim...rtis-wayne-wright-to-be-extradited-to-florida

In a court hearing lasting less than two minutes Wednesday, defense lawyer Daris Almond said Wright was dropping that fight and would waive an extradition hearing. Associate Circuit Judge Timothy S. Miller then ordered Wright to be turned over to Florida authorities.

Wright shook Almond&#8217;s hand and smiled, and was then led out by deputies.

Attempts to reach Almond for comment after the hearing were unsuccessful. Almond&#8217;s law partner, Marsha Brady, represented Wright in 1996 when detectives were attempting to question Wright about the disappearance of a former minister named Ronnie Bolin. Wright remains a person of interest in Bolin&#8217;s case, according to investigators.

More at link.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back