MO - Samara Kitts, 23, Harley, 24, & Willa Million, 1, slain, Wayne Co., 25 Jan 2018

Discussion in 'Crimes in the News' started by JoeFromLB, Jan 30, 2018.

1. JoeFromLB

JoeFromLB Well-Known Member

Horrific...

https://patch.com/missouri/stlouis/toddler-parents-brutally-murdered-wanye-county-missouri

WAYNE COUNTY, MO — A man is in custody and police are investigating after a brutal murder that left a 17-month old girl and her parents dead in Wayne County, Mo., about two hours south of St. Louis. Charging documents say Drew D. Atchison stabbed 23-year-old Samara Kitts and 24-year-old Harley Million in their home, then locked Willa, their infant daughter, in a room and left her overnight. When he returned the next morning, Atchison, 24, tried to cover up the murders, loading the girl and the bodies of her parents into his pickup and driving them into a nearby wood.
    There, he shot the girl and buried her with her parents under some old blankets and piles of trash, police said.

Mercedes, LietKynes, Niner and 2 others like this.
  2. lstiff

lstiff Well-Known Member

I tried to search the forum this morning for this and was shocked that I didn't find anything. Thanks for starting the thread.

SO SO SAD!

Weeobanite likes this.
  3. Blondie in Spokane

Blondie in Spokane Well-Known Member

This is incredibly sad. Glad they got the perp. I wonder what the motive was & how LE found him so quickly.

4. JoeFromLB

LietKynes likes this.
  5. Blondie in Spokane

A9CC6B23-5C1C-4F2E-B561-3EFB77DEFDB4.jpeg

Samara, Willa & Harley

CocoChanel and Niner like this.
  6. Blondie in Spokane

7. lstiff

lstiff Well-Known Member

Just awful. Reading the way he locked Willa up alone overnight, was hard enough then the next part was just sickening. We see a lot of stuff on this forum but the manner of death to this innocent 1 year old really is among the worst that I can remember. IMO

IMO

Niner and Weeobanite like this.
  8. jggordo

jggordo Well-Known Member

KFVS also reports Wayne County Sheriff Dean Finch said the case is being referred to the state Attorney General’s Office due to the nature of the charges and additional resources provided by that office.
    The Wayne County Sheriff’s Office and Butler County Sheriff’s Office along with the Missouri State Highway Patrol have been investigating the case.

http://www.ozarksfirst.com/news/sus...ers-of-2-adults-baby-in-se-missouri/943755035

9. jggordo

A court date for Atchison's arraignment has yet to be set, but is expected this week, the Wayne County Circuit Court Clerk Darren Garrison said.
    Atchison admitted stabbing Million "in a fit of rage" before he stabbed Kitts in the neck, the Butler Sheriff's Office said in a statement, although the Wayne County Sheriff's Office said he slit their throats.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/suspect-...lling-missouri-couple-daughter-173512211.html

bluenoser likes this.
  10. Hazelnutty

Hazelnutty Innocent Bystander

Prayers for the families. This is beyond comprehension.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

Laughing likes this.
  11. LolaLane

LolaLane New Member

People seem to be becoming more evil by the day. Those poor folks and I can't even think of the fear that child must have suffered.
    May they all RIP

Blondie in Spokane likes this.
  12. JoeFromLB

Incomprehensible. He could have dropped off this child some place where she would be found quickly, without fear of identification. She was too young to be able to tell the police much, unless this killer was known to them.

Just questions at this point. I hope we find out more soon.

Laughing likes this.
  13. jggordo

I believe the killer must have been known to the child. In one of the articles it quotes that he said he killed "in a fit of rage". That type of rage can only come from someone who has been close to them at some point, IMO

Possibly when the killer came back the next day to clean up from the night before Willa called him by name making him think he had to kill her as well. Something changed between Thursday night when he spared her to Friday when he did not.

JMO

14. TeaTime

TeaTime Well-Known Member

Wow! What a horror. What kind of person can kill 2 and then come back the next day to murder a baby? Why? Why? Why? I just can't.

Weeobanite and Laughing like this.
  15. MsPooh

MsPooh Well-Known Member

The suspect is on HM' s FB friends. What on earth could have happened?

16. MzOpinion8d

MzOpinion8d On Time Out

Meth.

17. Hatfield

Hatfield Well-Known Member

So sad

He wont be able to claim fit of rage for the childs killing. That took planning and was the next day. What a cruel evil person.

Weeobanite and bluenoser like this.
  18. Elainera

Elainera Well-Known Member

How horrific!

What a sweet little doll. I hope she didn't see her dead parents.

Prayers for the victims and their families. What a horror.

Blondie in Spokane likes this.
  19. LadyL

LadyL Well-Known Member

death penalty state?

Weeobanite and Laughing like this.
  20. jggordo

In answer to your hopes. Information from the Probable Cause Statement:

The next morning, authorities said, he returned to scrub the scene. Police said he put the child in the truck with her dead parents, drove them into the woods and then shot and killed the child.

“He then took [the child] out of the vehicle,” according to the probable cause statement. “He eventually held her in his arms, with her facing away from him, and shot her in the back of the head.

“Atchison admitted to investigators he shot the weapon three times. On the first shot, the weapon malfunctioned. On the second shot he missed the child, and the third shot struck her.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-the-woods-police-say/?utm_term=.ecf0fb38a82c

I read the Probable Cause Statement filed with the Court. I was on a FB page of a family friend so I did not link it. All in all he confessed right away when authorities found the truck at this brothers house where he parked it.

bluenoser likes this.