MO - Samara Kitts, 23, Harley, 24, & Willa Million, 1, slain, Wayne Co., 25 Jan 2018

JoeFromLB

Reaction score
Horrific...

https://patch.com/missouri/stlouis/toddler-parents-brutally-murdered-wanye-county-missouri

WAYNE COUNTY, MO — A man is in custody and police are investigating after a brutal murder that left a 17-month old girl and her parents dead in Wayne County, Mo., about two hours south of St. Louis. Charging documents say Drew D. Atchison stabbed 23-year-old Samara Kitts and 24-year-old Harley Million in their home, then locked Willa, their infant daughter, in a room and left her overnight. When he returned the next morning, Atchison, 24, tried to cover up the murders, loading the girl and the bodies of her parents into his pickup and driving them into a nearby wood.
There, he shot the girl and buried her with her parents under some old blankets and piles of trash, police said.

Just awful. Reading the way he locked Willa up alone overnight, was hard enough then the next part was just sickening. We see a lot of stuff on this forum but the manner of death to this innocent 1 year old really is among the worst that I can remember. IMO

IMO

KFVS also reports Wayne County Sheriff Dean Finch said the case is being referred to the state Attorney General’s Office due to the nature of the charges and additional resources provided by that office.
The Wayne County Sheriff’s Office and Butler County Sheriff’s Office along with the Missouri State Highway Patrol have been investigating the case.

http://www.ozarksfirst.com/news/sus...ers-of-2-adults-baby-in-se-missouri/943755035

A court date for Atchison's arraignment has yet to be set, but is expected this week, the Wayne County Circuit Court Clerk Darren Garrison said.
Atchison admitted stabbing Million "in a fit of rage" before he stabbed Kitts in the neck, the Butler Sheriff's Office said in a statement, although the Wayne County Sheriff's Office said he slit their throats.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/suspect-...lling-missouri-couple-daughter-173512211.html

Incomprehensible. He could have dropped off this child some place where she would be found quickly, without fear of identification. She was too young to be able to tell the police much, unless this killer was known to them.

Just questions at this point. I hope we find out more soon.

I believe the killer must have been known to the child. In one of the articles it quotes that he said he killed "in a fit of rage". That type of rage can only come from someone who has been close to them at some point, IMO

Possibly when the killer came back the next day to clean up from the night before Willa called him by name making him think he had to kill her as well. Something changed between Thursday night when he spared her to Friday when he did not.

JMO

How horrific!

What a sweet little doll. I hope she didn't see her dead parents.

Prayers for the victims and their families. What a horror.

In answer to your hopes. Information from the Probable Cause Statement:

The next morning, authorities said, he returned to scrub the scene. Police said he put the child in the truck with her dead parents, drove them into the woods and then shot and killed the child.

“He then took [the child] out of the vehicle,” according to the probable cause statement. “He eventually held her in his arms, with her facing away from him, and shot her in the back of the head.

“Atchison admitted to investigators he shot the weapon three times. On the first shot, the weapon malfunctioned. On the second shot he missed the child, and the third shot struck her.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-the-woods-police-say/?utm_term=.ecf0fb38a82c

I read the Probable Cause Statement filed with the Court. I was on a FB page of a family friend so I did not link it. All in all he confessed right away when authorities found the truck at this brothers house where he parked it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304
Back