MO MO - Sarah Elizabeth Burton, 28, Joplin, 16 Jul 2018

"Last Seen" Location Updated for Missing Joplin Woman
She originally was reported last seen in the area of 10th and Rex, where she was dropped off by a friend just after midnight.

While police believe that still happened, they now report that she was also seen after that, at a residence on the northwest side of town.

That sighting happened the same morning she was dropped off.

The exact address of the residence is not being released.

Police do not know how Burton got from the area of 10th and Rex to the other side of town.

Investigators do believe there are people who have knowledge about the case, that have not yet come forward.

That would be my thought. Her criminal history through public records is extensive. She's still someone's child and I hope she is found though.
do you happen to know where i can find her record? i do videos for missing persons, and am planning on doing one of her in the next couple weeks, but i need her background

do you happen to know where i can find her record? i do videos for missing persons, and am planning on doing one of her in the next couple weeks, but i need her background
I use www.searchquarry.com. Since it requires a monthly fee to have unlimited access to the records I can not link the actual records per websleuths rules. It gives me a general case name, date and such and then I can go to that county's court system and look up individual records (which can be time consuming). I will drop you a private note as to what county(ies) the charges were in.

Burton family hopeful in new leads to help find their missing daughter

Captain Duncan assures the Burton family ad the community, "Our detectives are in contact with the family every week, just updating them on any develops that they can, letting them know what's going on, seeing what information they may have."
When asked if she still thought Sarah was alive, her mother replied with a sad response. "I don't," she says. "She would never do this to her family. We were too close. She would not have done this. We've never been this length of time apart. She would not do that," says Stephanie.
"This case is pressing to (JPD). We want to get answers. We want to get resolution, not only for the family, but for Sarah, and for everybody in the community, just to know exactly what happened and why and really get to the bottom of it," says Catain Duncan. ...

More at link, including video...

Video @ link.

Search of property continues, related to missing person Sarah Burton

A dive team searches a pond in the continued efforts to find Sarah Burton.

The Newton County Sheriff's Office, as well as the Missouri Highway Patrol, was on scene Friday, searching a pond at 1174 Crane Drive in Newton County.

Owners of the property, who are not suspects in the case, let authorities search the pond after a drug search warrant was served at the property on Tuesday.

Authorities believed they might have found evidence related to the missing person case involving 29-year-old Sarah Burton, so they continued their efforts Friday.

Sheriff Chris Jennings, Newton Co., says "We're like everybody else. We hear rumors and stories, so we just needed to check to see if there was any evidence. The FBI team was down and took a lot of samples today (Friday), but we won't really know anything until they come back with the test results."

[...]

Among those gathered Tuesday night in Mercy Park at a candlelight vigil marking the first anniversary of missing Joplin woman Sarah Burton's disappearance, resolution and hope still run strong.

"We're not going to give up," said Shana Merriman, an organizer of the vigil for Burton. "We can't."

...SBM

Investigators have checked out more than 80 leads since the missing-person case began, including a search earlier this month of a property northwest of Joplin, according to police Capt. Nick Jimenez.

"No evidence was collected (in the search of that property)," Jimenez said Tuesday.

He declined to discuss the location of the property or what led to the search. He said detectives were simply following up on a lead. Jimenez said he is not aware of any other searches conducted since early April when the Ozarks Drug Enforcement Team, Newton County Sheriff's Department, Joplin police and the FBI served a series of search warrants on a property at 1174 Crane Drive.

The drug enforcement team went to the Crane Drive address looking for drugs and unexpectedly turned up something that "matched up with information Joplin (police detectives) had received" in their investigation of the Burton case. Additional search warrants were obtained on the property, where a residence, outbuildings, vehicles and a pond were combed.

Investigators have declined to reveal what it was that "matched up" with information received in the Burton case and say that potential evidence collected there is still being analyzed at an FBI crime lab.

Jimenez acknowledged that the rate at which leads have been coming in of late has not been as frequent as police would like, but investigators are hoping that the anniversary of Burton's disappearance will prompt someone to come forward with information that will resolve the case.

Candlelight vigil attendees seek to keep hope alive for missing Joplin woman

Sarah's case was added to Charley Project:

Sarah Elizabeth Burton
  • burton_sarah.jpg
  • burton_sarah4.jpg
  • burton_sarah6.jpg
  • burton_sarah7.jpg
  • burton_sarah8.jpg
  • Missing Since 07/17/2018
  • Missing From Joplin, Missouri
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Date of Birth 02/22/1990 (29)
  • Age 28 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'7, 160 - 170 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry Description A purple and white blouse, blue jeans and black flats.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Brown hair, blue eyes. Burton's ears are pierced. She has a scar on her forehead.
Details of Disappearance
Burton was last seen in Joplin, Missouri on July 17, 2018. A friend dropped her off at a service alley near 10th and Rex, and they parted ways at a business on Range Line Road. Burton planned to walk home from there.

She never arrived and has never been heard from again. Her friend contacted Burton's parents a few days later because Burton had left her purse and one shoe in the friend's car, and her parents reported her missing on July 20.

She last saw her parents on July 8, nine days before her disappearance. Her father had helped her buy a car, and they put the tags on it that day. However, on July 11, she had wrecked the new car in Pittsburg, Kansas. Her parents think she may have been afraid to let them know about the accident and was avoiding them while she tried to figure out what to do.

Burton had been a good student and placed in a program for gifted students, and at Joplin High School she was a cheerleader, but after graduation she struggled with methamphetamine and served a term in prison on a drug charge. She tried to turn her left around after her release, but continued to struggle with drugs and had a troubled relationship with the father of her two young sons.

At the time of her disappearance, she was living with her parents and they were trying to get her into a long-term drug treatment program. She was free on bail on charges of drug possession, trafficking in stolen identities and stealing a motor vehicle, was making all her court appearances, and her attorney thought she might be able to get a suspended sentence. Her parents don't believe she would have run away because of her legal problems.

The circumstances of Burton's disappearance are unclear. Her son's father was incarcerated at the time of her disappearance and isn't a suspect. Her case remains unsolved.

Sarah Elizabeth Burton – The Charley Project

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back