MO MO - Sharon Hurley, 24, St Louis, 24 Feb 1981

Been so long.......... I took a break, but it got frustrating to me I had to take a step back. I think I will get back to this and make the phone calls I dread. I dread the mam we cant help you the do you know you have called here over 30 times the we lost her file the wow that was to long ago. But at the end of the day this is my mother and god forbid if I die tomorrow I would want my kids to do everything in their power to help bring whom ever to justice . So please who ever is in this mission with me help me remind me of what else needs to be done and what routes I can take to get this case to be CLOSED .

Tommy Lynn Sells has confessed to killing a black woman which he described as a prostitute in St. Louis when he was a tow-truck driver, but I believe this was after the date you are asking about. Still, he would get his dates wrong sometimes, I have seen his legitimate confessions be off by several years, but right on practically ever other point. If anyone has any interest in looking at TLS's possible involvement, here is what I have found:

TLS reports that while working for Atlas Towing in St. Louis, he responded to a call from a stranded motorist, a “prostitute.” TLS suggested that she pay for his services with sexual favors; she declined, so he shot her and threw her body in a river. Diane Fanning's book has this as “claimed” but unconfirmed (DF 133, 216 [?];) (48 Hours transcript at 12-13) [discussing his job as a tow-truck driver, which was in 1986] “When I did [work as a tow truck driver], I remember there was– there was a black female that I killed.” (This is a quote from a policeman, quoting TLS; TLS said “There come a point where I parked, reached down, picked up my gun, shot her.”
I too am very sorry to hear about your mother's death and I wish you all the luck in the world in your search.

Tommy Lynn Sells has confessed to killing a black woman which he described as a prostitute in St. Louis when he was a tow-truck driver, but I believe this was after the date you are asking about. Still, he would get his dates wrong sometimes, I have seen his legitimate confessions be off by several years, but right on practically ever other point. If anyone has any interest in looking at TLS's possible involvement, here is what I have found:

TLS reports that while working for Atlas Towing in St. Louis, he responded to a call from a stranded motorist, a “prostitute.” TLS suggested that she pay for his services with sexual favors; she declined, so he shot her and threw her body in a river. Diane Fanning's book has this as “claimed” but unconfirmed (DF 133, 216 [?];) (48 Hours transcript at 12-13) [discussing his job as a tow-truck driver, which was in 1986] “When I did [work as a tow truck driver], I remember there was– there was a black female that I killed.” (This is a quote from a policeman, quoting TLS; TLS said “There come a point where I parked, reached down, picked up my gun, shot her.”
I too am very sorry to hear about your mother's death and I wish you all the luck in the world in your search.

Thanks but my mother was white. I wonder though was he in the East Saint Louis IL area? The suspect that my family always thought was close to her but I believe he was questioned and not arrested for this so who knows....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 88
What happened I am confused.....

And thanks interesting
I guess I'm guilty of a major breach in ettiquette, mea culpa.
I didn't want to post something that MIGHT be relevant to this case, because I didn't want to screw up in public.
Something about this case grabbed my attention, and I started reading the posts. The further I got, the more I wondered, and finally, I was running out of time to read and wanted to tell you so I sent a PM to someone. Basically, it's this:

A young woman was found deceased in East Pittsburgh, PA under the Westinghouse Bridge, somewhere along the creek, near the railroad tracks, near the Triboro Hwy. It was the morning after the final night of the Turtle Creek Volunteer Firemen's Fair, in June. Most likely 79-83. I'm thinking more like 81-82. I don't remember if she was clothed or not, but she had been 'strangled, drowned, set on fire, etc.' They released information on a class ring that was found and that's how they got her ID. Her maiden name was Susan Savage, she had graduated from high school possibly in 1971. I'm thinking Wilkinsburg, but it could have been Penn Hills. Her family lived on Laketon Road.
She was last seen late the night before leaving a bar, some said with an unknown man.
The town is small and it would have been very unusual for someone local to be unknown to everyone. Several years earlier, she had been a married mom of young children. By this time, she was at least separated from her husband, and was supposed to be living in an apartment with her children and mother.
Someone heard on a scanner sometime around 6-8 am that a body had been reported.
As far as I know the person wasn't caught. The more I read on here the more I wondered if these two murders were related and if there were possibly other victims in other places as well.

That murder was in 1987. According to an article I ran across, dated 2006. The murder is unsolved. I think it's time someone took the file out, dusted it off and took another look at it. I wonder if there was any DNA?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redhairdontcare
Back