GUILTY MO - Shawn Hornbeck & Ben Ownby abducted by Michael Devlin, 2007

Ben's Uncle was just on CC Live and they were talking about how ben would not run away and they are treating this as an abduction. The white truck sped away and there are tire tracks. They said the area is so rural that its not like ben would have anywhere to go to meet anyone or a place to really runaway at. It does not sound good. I am scared for this little guy. He is so cute.

I agree, Michelle. This is so worrisome and so scary for all. This little boy was targeted IMO.

concernedperson said:
I agree, Michelle. This is so worrisome and so scary for all. This little boy was targeted IMO.
That is sort of what I think they were alluding to on CC Live. Very scary, I mean you dont think a 13 year old is in as much danger as a 8 year old getting off a bus. Frightens me to death.

concernedperson said:

yeah, & i really hate to bring this up, but the first thing i thought of was another Joseph Duncan...(the Groene abduction/murders)...i hope i'm wrong:(

just heard about this....

calus_3 said:
I agree but the only downside to that is someone abducting your child for indecent purposes (as opposed to wanting to keep the child) would do it quickly and then kill the kid immediately after....leaving no time for a rescue and amber alert to be issued.

Cal

Not necessarily, Calus. Many of the b*stards keep the kids alive so they can assault them again and again, like Couey and Duncan did. That's a horrible thing to think of for poor Ben, but better than the alternative.

Why stop at gas stations and motels for having an Amber Alert broadcaster? Why not also fast food restaurants as well as some "greasy spoons" or "truck stops" and small family restaurants? Shasta was spotted in a restaurant... I could see having a live Amber alert feed in places like this, maybe just for the workers, but possibly also for the patrons. Put it in the lobby maybe?

My thoughts and prayers are with Ben, I hope he makes it home safely soon.

Mabel said:
Not necessarily, Calus. Many of the b*stards keep the kids alive so they can assault them again and again, like Couey and Duncan did. That's a horrible thing to think of for poor Ben, but better than the alternative.
Mabel
I thought the same thing, I hope he (and we all know it is a he) is keeping him somewhere so that way he has a chance to escape.

I watched CC tonight and someone asked about the sex offenders in that area. I believe they said there were 166 REGISTERED sex offenders in that immediate area! Mind you, that is only the registered ones. It seems they are breeding like cockroaches everywhere. Is the internet to blame for this proliferation?

It struck me as odd though that a pedophile would kidnap a 13 yr. old boy. Wouldn't you think they would target a much younger child? It was said that this boy was especially streetwise and would never willingly go with a stranger. Let's keep hoping that he will find some way to escape and come home safely to his family.

Sniffy38 said:
I watched CC tonight and someone asked about the sex offenders in that area. I believe they said there were 166 REGISTERED sex offenders in that immediate area! Mind you, that is only the registered ones. It seems they are breeding like cockroaches everywhere. Is the internet to blame for this proliferation?

It struck me as odd though that a pedophile would kidnap a 13 yr. old boy. Wouldn't you think they would target a much younger child? It was said that this boy was especially streetwise and would never willingly go with a stranger. Let's keep hoping that he will find some way to escape and come home safely to his family.
I have a feeling that we had just as many or close to it the number of pedophiles in yesteryear as today. But, now we have better technology and resources to not only catch the slimes, but to learn of them trough national media and internet.

Sickening though. 166 registered sex offenders in the immediate area? Uckk!.

My 19 year old daughter and I live up an isolated 1/4 mile long dirt drive with only one elderly, nearly deaf, 86 year old neighbor--and her 28 year old grandson. He moved in after we bought our home. Or I NEVER would have moved here. He is a convicted sex offender (victim was a 17 year old girl), methamphetamine drug user. He was arrested again recently for what I do not know. But, he is now out of jail once again sporting a shiny new ankle police bracelet thingy.

Sadly, my daughter can not and does not leave our fence yard alone. Yet, we moved here in part for the beautiful nature all around our home. Fortunately, we have 14 German Shepherds(I train dogs, am a Vet tech, and have kennels for my extended family members who happen to be show dogs). So, I don't think scumsobag will want to deal with that many dogs with BIG teeth.

Back to dear Ben though. My heart so aches for his return, and I continue to pray and hope for him and his dear family. I can't get his lovely picture out of my head.

LionRun

michelle said:
That is sort of what I think they were alluding to on CC Live. Very scary, I mean you dont think a 13 year old is in as much danger as a 8 year old getting off a bus. Frightens me to death.

I know--although abductions can happen to anyone, there is a certain sense of safeness when it's a 13 year old child. Obviously you can never be too safe!!! I hate this!!!

A poster (sorry, forgot who) mentioned implanting chips---I understand the idea behind it, but I don't know that I would ever want to do that. But, who knows---with so many freaks out there....

For Christmas, 2 of my 3 boys got new cell phones--my 16 yr old and my 13 yr old. I wanted to buy them GPS capable phones, so I did. Spent alot of money but I figured it was worth it. We have Verizon and they have a thing called "Parent Chaperone" where if you subscribe to the service, you can go online and check the location of your child's cell phone (and child in most cases) and it also will alert you if their phone goes out of the boundaries of a predetermined area. I thought that was great, so we bought the phones that said they were "GPS capable" and would work with the Parent Chaperone program. Hmmmph!! Turns out, in order to even be able to subscribe, the child has to have a "Migo" phone. Well, the "Migo" phone is geared towards LITTLE kids, with only 4 buttons so that they can only dial 4 predetermined numbers, it's green and very cartoonish looking---NOT a phone my teenagers would be interested in carrying. I was so bummed out because even though the phones I bought DO have that GPS capability, Verizon will not allow them to be a part of that parent chaperone program. Why not? If I am willing to pay for the service, and the phones are capable, and Verizon offers it, why won't they allow me to use it without using such a child-like phone!!

Sorry to be off topic---I am very upset that this boy hasn't been found yet, and it upsets me. I don't have a good feeling about this and I pray to God that I am wrong and offbase in my feelings.

From reports thus far it seems the abductor grabbed Ben quickly and efficiently, then sped away. If that is true, then this wreaks of an experienced abductor--who may have committed other similar types of crimes. As horrible as that sounds I hope that somehow that may aid in learning who the perp is and ultimately in finding this much missed and loved boy.

LionRun

Very sad. Gives me chills and I cannot help thinking of Shasta, Dylan and Johnny Gosht. I hope it ends up with a good out come but the white truck tells me otherwise. Round up all the registered sex offenders and shake them down big time. All Motels etc. need to be heavile scrutinized. On the other hand the poor boy could already be on the other side of the country or in Canada. Media exposure is the key to this case. Need to have maximum highlight on it with lots of pictures. I have not been watching any international news as my kids are always watching cartoons as it it hols here.

Lets hope for this youngsters safe return. hearts to his parents and best wishes.

Abductions make me so angry and sad. I wish it would STOP!:banghead: :( :mad:

Prayers for the missing boy and his family. I hope they find him soon.

Gozgals

My heart is breaking for Ben and his family. Nancy Grace is talking about Ben's story right now. I just saw Ben's loving Dad talking about Ben, voice shaking, seeming to hold back tears. I so hope Ben is found.

Oh Dearest Lord, please be with young Ben and his family in their time of need.

LionRun

Any updates from the people local or near to this?

Cal

Jodibug said:
no updates. the sheriff just had a press conference a few mins ago. www.kmov.com has the video.

still looking for the white truck. witness passed a lie detector test. fbi has not completed their profile.

see this thread for more: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45944&page=4&highlight=ownby

is there a way to get the two threads merged?

I hope we can get the threads merged too. Can we ask the moderators for help? How would we do this?

I posted a link to a google map that shows the area where Ben and his family live on the other link.

LionRun

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oxfordlawyers
Back